gr8leo87

Minimum wage in Australia is $16.37. Its illegal to pay anything under that to a person in Australia.

Reference- http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/national-minimum-wage/Pages/default.aspx

Thats right my friend. No issue with govt policy but some people here dont follow them same like our country Pakistan :) ... u will find similar kind of ppl here too ... i know some fuel stations pay $10/hr :)

Edited by shawais

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

I just come across this news ... money takeout limit reduced to $5000

source

http://www.nation.com.pk/business/10-Jan-2014/5-000-limit-set-for-foreign-travellers-to-control-devaluation

http://www.express.pk/story/230293/

So plan your money transfer accordingly :)

I recently saw at Karachi airport, banners displaying a limit of about 3000 ruppes max to be carried out. But obviously thats a very small amount. Even if we carry some thousand dirhams, it will be a lot of money when traveling form Karachi to UAE. But I didnt got questioned, probably I was traveling with family may be. So my question is this sort of strict checking is being done at OZ airport about 10,000$ cas per person or they let us go if they know we are migrating for good and traveling with family. On the other hand, UAE has some carry out limit too, but question again becomes how strict is this. Because in case we ourself contact the customs officer here, he will ask for proofs (mainly for jewelry) and may be bank statements and all that to prove that money is ours. I really feel that law is made to question the black money and smugglers and all those, and not strict for those who they believe or seem to be respctbl citizens or probably not appear suspicious to them.

Edited by imi

Good day!

The month of February 2014 is very eventful for me

1) Baby boy born 13-02-2014 (Alhamdulillah)

2) Got a new Job joining from 01-03-2014 (InshAllah)

3) By the grace of Allah Almighty, got PCC & Medical call 25-02-2014 (Alhamdulillah)

Allah please help me out in every phase of life ...... And please do remember me in your prayers...... smile.gif

Regards,

Shoaib

Good day!

3) By the grace of Allah Almighty, got PCC & Medical call 25-02-2014 (Alhamdulillah)

Allah please help me out in every phase of life ...... And please do remember me in your prayers...... smile.gif

Regards,

Shoaib

Congrats and best of luck for your future.

if someone coming from Pakistan ... must bring sun glasses and hat :) ...

atleast hats for kids ... these are must in schools :)

bought a hat today for my daughter in $30 ... i think in Pak we can get 5-6 hats in same price ... lol

Edited by shawais

Dear All

I have a query which needs your support:

I have heard from a Big Bro of mine that it is really a very good option to provide at least first entry after getting Visa. The benefit of it is:

1. The time count for Citizenship starts after first entry even if you can back to your country.

2. Within 4 years, you have to stay at least 3 yrs to apply for Citizenship. So if you do immediate entry then the time count begins even sitting at Home country. So after first entry, if you go there after 10/11 months, then you are those months ahead.

3. It is a minimum requirement for Citizenship application (at least 3 Yrs stay in 4 Yrs, is it?)

Hoping to hear from you soon.

bro tell me more about this console operator training..and fee and from which training institute you are doing it

Console Operator is a petrol pump job and try to visit 7 Elevens mostly owned by Pakistanis and ask them to hire you on training. They don't pay you anything during training which can end as soon as 2 weeks or more. after that you can get a job either in same pump or other pumps the pay is also $10 to $13 ph. Its exploitation but due current job situation its still an option till you find a job in your own field.

Over all things are very tough here as long as you don't have a good job which is become very difficult to get especially in IT as lot of companies are cutting jobs and there are thousands of applications for each job opening. Lifestyle is very expensive rent is extremely high owning and paying off a house even with good job is a dream. But since lot of people making irreversible decision and moving here to avoid bad situation in Pakistan will be having a very tough ride. However positive thing is you can live here with peace of mind by making sacrifices on financial side.

if someone coming from Pakistan ... must bring sun glasses and hat :) ...

atleast hats for kids ... these are must in schools :)

bought a hat today for my daughter in $30 ... i think in Pak we can get 5-6 hats in same price ... lol

If someone is coming from Pakistan, please leave the conversions at home also :tongue:

Hang in there mate. Don't give up! All should be OK very soon.

One question: If someone has almost 3 years experience in the UK, do they accept that as an alternative to local experience? Not been to Australia yet but I feel Australia's environment and living style is very similar to the UK except weather. :)

Not to discourage you but I have around 4 years UK experience with Bachelors and Masters from UK, Still hunting for job but everyone has different luck :)

This is exactly what is happening.....I have the same experience.

Among all jobs published by recruiters around 50% are factitious. A job with one employer is published by on average 5 recruiters or more with a slight changes in wordings. some 15%-20% of the jobs are published without a real job in the market to collect applicants data and to get information about employers offering jobs. Ever wonder why recruiters ask you which places have you had interviews and where have you been applying and who was the person in that company. So look especially for a job description with a word no agency please which mean there is only one advertisement for this job and only place your CV will end up for short listing. :)

Console Operator is a petrol pump job and try to visit 7 Elevens mostly owned by Pakistanis and ask them to hire you on training. They don't pay you anything during training which can end as soon as 2 weeks or more. after that you can get a job either in same pump or other pumps the pay is also $10 to $13 ph. Its exploitation but due current job situation its still an option till you find a job in your own field.

Over all things are very tough here as long as you don't have a good job which is become very difficult to get especially in IT as lot of companies are cutting jobs and there are thousands of applications for each job opening. Lifestyle is very expensive rent is extremely high owning and paying off a house even with good job is a dream. But since lot of people making irreversible decision and moving here to avoid bad situation in Pakistan will be having a very tough ride. However positive thing is you can live here with peace of mind by making sacrifices on financial side.

I am doing similar kind of job but that is not only console operation this job also include other stuff like grocery items filling, filling cold room stuff etc.

Good day!

Regards,

Shoaib

Congrats....

Many many congrats. I wish you and your family see many febs like this :)

Good day!

Regards,

Shoaib

Brother if you are coming to Australia forget about this job or that job. There is no work thought to be small here and u will easily find engineers, Accountants, HR professionals and other white collar professional working as taxi drivers, security officers, shopkeepers, counter staff, cleaners etc but one thing for sure that they will be living better life than most of the well paid engineers in our home countries

100% agreed with Fari447. The thinking here is different from Pakistan. Dignity of labour is the rule here. Engineer or Accountants etc do anything to get money in your pocket. Working at pump or security or utility store (like coles or woolworth) is normal and respectable. I know engineers who work for good level in govt jobs however they have kept their taxi license valid for any unforseen situation. So it doesnt matter. Work anywhere to get dollar and keep looking for your relevant role. There is rent assistance here and even low cost govt housing scheme. You also get benefit form govt (centerlink) based on your income and children avg 300 to 800 dollars. I do agree with people that living is very expensive here, so for startes bring as much as you can from Pakistan. But once you get a job dont think about converting USD to PKR :)

Guys,

I just come across this news ... money takeout limit reduced to $5000

source

http://www.nation.com.pk/business/10-Jan-2014/5-000-limit-set-for-foreign-travellers-to-control-devaluation

http://www.express.pk/story/230293/

So plan your money transfer accordingly :)

You dont need to carry cash. You can transfer fund via western union and the charges are very less. If you have a relative or trusted friend here then you can remit funds to their bank account. I remitted 13,000 dollars for a charge of Rupees 2,300. This was in Dec 2013 so I am sure the charges will be the same now.

Thanks for the heads up .... btw ... What type of hats ?? Woolen or sun hats?? And is there any colour that is specified for the school hats??

Hi Joojay, the only reason he has mentioned about getting a woolen toppi is because its very windy in winters. Very difficult for children and adults to bear. Get you child and yourself woolen caps that cover the ears. No specific colours...but i guess dark colour blend well with weather...like grey, blue or black. I dont think school walay have any issues with colour (if someone can confirm??). Little things like these are expensive.

Joojay, what profession, which state and when landing?

Dear All

I have a query which needs your support:

I have heard from a Big Bro of mine that it is really a very good option to provide at least first entry after getting Visa. The benefit of it is:

1. The time count for Citizenship starts after first entry even if you can back to your country.

2. Within 4 years, you have to stay at least 3 yrs to apply for Citizenship. So if you do immediate entry then the time count begins even sitting at Home country. So after first entry, if you go there after 10/11 months, then you are those months ahead.

3. It is a minimum requirement for Citizenship application (at least 3 Yrs stay in 4 Yrs, is it?)

Hoping to hear from you soon.

The thing is your visa is valid for 5 years (from date of stamping). Regarding applying for citizenship.. " To satisfy the residence requirements you must have:

• 4 years lawful residence in Australia. This period must include 12 months as a permanent resident immediately before making an application for Australian citizenship

• and

• absences from Australia of no more than 12 months in total in the 4 years prior to application, including not more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately prior to application."

This is an extract from citizen.gov.au/applying website.

You dont need to carry cash. You can transfer fund via western union and the charges are very less. If you have a relative or trusted friend here then you can remit funds to their bank account. I remitted 13,000 dollars for a charge of Rupees 2,300. This was in Dec 2013 so I am sure the charges will be the same now.

Hi malik, in addition to the charge does your bank in Australia also deduct some money towards each transaction?

Yup thats right but i know some ppl want to bring cash by hand :-)