gr8leo87

My dearest brother congrats I am very happy for u and prayed for u.

Odd jobs are hard to get and are available to those having reference. Yes they are same for both. Its not necessary u can live on ur own but your referor when submitted his sponsorship committed to the govt thathhe will bear 2years expenses. I am getting $ 1300 as I am with wife and kids. For those who are single or with wife only waiting period is 2 years before they r entitled to any aid from centrelink. I live in melbourne west. Which place u r coming?

I want to extented my question, if some one can help.

I will be going for validation trip on May, is it legal to apply at centrelink and medicare? Because I may not be in Australia after that for two to three year.

As i am 176 FS application, I may not be able to get this allowence but my children can get?

Thanks in advane.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be going for validation trip on May, is it legal to apply at centrelink and medicare? Because I may not be in Australia after that for two to three year.

As i am 176 FS application, I may not be able to get this allowence but my children can get?

Thanks in advane.

I don't think this would be possible as the lady at the medicare asked me twice about permanently migrating to Australia or on a validation trip..

Odd jobs are hard to get and are available to those having reference. Yes they are same for both. Its not necessary u can live on ur own but your referor when submitted his sponsorship committed to the govt thathhe will bear 2years expenses. I am getting $ 1300 as I am with wife and kids. For those who are single or with wife only waiting period is 2 years before they r entitled to any aid from centrelink. I live in melbourne west. Which place u r coming?

How did you manage to get the Accommodation for your family because as per my knowledge the Accommodation would be given to those who have a job..

People are reluctant to give units on rent to those who don't have a job..is it true?

How did you manage to get the Accommodation for your family because as per my knowledge the Accommodation would be given to those who have a job..

People are reluctant to give units on rent to those who don't have a job..is it true?

Showing bank statement or paying 3/4 weeks rent in advance does help to secure a rental without a job.

Are you in contact with pumpkin head (Raza) he is also an accountant in Melbourne. He is also on this forum. I am also an accountant but living in Adelaide.

Very rightly said. Ppl are reluctant to give accommodation to job less people however as MSVayani said 3 to 4 weeks advance rent will do. U can find the accommodation on the net and talk to agent on email.

Thanks in advane.

Brother u can apply for Medicare card, bank account and tax file number on ur validation trip. But u will not get anything from centerlink. Ur move should be permanent. Which City are u landing. I am in Adelaide.

Thanks in advane.

Dear Zain,

For centerlink mainly but also for medicare u have to show that you are permanently residing here and you have to show rent contract in your name, bank account statement, bank ATM / efpos card and lastly all the benefits are linked to your visa and they will know that you are not residing here.

No benefits from centerlink will be given for sure but hopefully if you have bank account etc you will get the medicare card because its not necessary to show the rent agreement etc but it will be of no use as it can only be used in Australia and have no monetary benefit attached to it.

This is to best of my knowledge other members can correct me if wrong.

FS176 is same like 190 visa i think and you will get family tax benefit A and B as a family so no separate allowance for kids only to be given, accept the school expenses of 250$ every half year I think

Brother u can apply for Medicare card, bank account and tax file number on ur validation trip. But u will not get anything from centerlink. Ur move should be permanent. Which City are u landing. I am in Adelaide.

Dear zain,

U will be entitled to 3 months benefits and after that it will be stopped.

Thanks for the info bro,

I will be going to Sydney for a week.

brothers,

if this is just a validation trip then registering with centerlink or tax file number will be of no use. So better to register for them when you reach here.

secondly if you want to get tax file number, it take them couple of days/weeks to post you tax file number letter.

however, u can get register with centerlink, medicare within no time but you have to show them ur proof of residence .. it might be ur rent agreement or utility bill or local driving license.

cheers,

FS176 is same like 190 visa i think and you will get family tax benefit A and B as a family so no separate allowance for kids only to be given, accept the school expenses of 250$ every half year I think

So as per my understanding, a person landing permanently with wife and 2 school going children having tenancy contract on his name would get 1300$ monthly + 250$ half yearly as benefit plus some rental assistance.

Kindly correct me if Iam wrong in my understanding.

So as per my understanding, a person landing permanently with wife and 2 school going children having tenancy contract on his name would get 1300$ monthly + 250$ half yearly as benefit plus some rental assistance.

Kindly correct me if Iam wrong in my understanding.

1300 includes rent assistance too, considering ur rent is something between 300-350 p/w

One friend of mine recently completed security training and got his certificate ...and now got a job on $14/hr... seems a very low rate.

just sharing this for the ppl who are interested for security training/job here.

Shawais bro..there are people who are getting $20+/hr after completing security training...one case doesn't reflect the true picture of the security jobs market.

Shawais bro..there are people who are getting $20+/hr after completing security training...one case doesn't reflect the true picture of the security jobs market.

yes bro ... but one should be prepare for the worst and hope for the best. dont u think the guy who is doing $14/hr job is not trying at other places to get better job, he must be bro.

1300 includes rent assistance too, considering ur rent is something between 300-350 p/w

I have heard that one does not get rent assistance and other benefits for the first two years in Aus. How true is this?

One friend of mine recently completed security training and got his certificate ...and now got a job on $14/hr... seems a very low rate.

just sharing this for the ppl who are interested for security training/job here.

brother...how is the work environment of these security jobs? Normally, how many hours per day and how many days per week?

is it common for professionals (such as engineers etc.) in Australia to take up such jobs?

I have heard that one does not get rent assistance and other benefits for the first two years in Aus. How true is this?

brother...how is the work environment of these security jobs? Normally, how many hours per day and how many days per week?

is it common for professionals (such as engineers etc.) in Australia to take up such jobs?

AFAIK, we only dont get unemployment benefits for the first 2 years, rest all benefits we can avail when we land and start living permanently.

Agree with imi, rent assistance will start right after landing bro. no wait for this.

in security jobs u have to do nothing actually, very boring job :) ... u have to stay on same place for hours. Number of hours in a week depend on ur agreement with employer.

security jobs are not very easy to get either. first you have to get training after getting training it takes 1.5-2 months to get security license after getting license u can get job or apply for job.

Brother i got 190 visa but there was no condition like this and usually on visa stamp or grant no such condition is written ( never seen or heard till now). As all of you have been granted visa anyone of you can come first to best of my knowledge

I know a friend who got this condition on his visa letter.

Archived