gr8leo87

Yes. His wife's IELTS can be of any date but main applicant's IELTS date must be earlier than Visa Application Date.

If he cannot provide his wife's IELTS within 28 days, he should inform CO explaining the situation and also send IELTS Registration Receipt as a proof.

How can he be informing his CO when his Co would be assigned after 1 month of Visa application..

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bro are you sure that the secondary applicant has to have "competent english" which is 6 band in IELTS...I thought it was functional english which is 4.5 band in IELTS..

Yes you are right its 4.5 (Functionl English)...I dont know why i remember competent english.:embarrassed:

bro are you sure that the secondary applicant has to have "competent english" which is 6 band in IELTS...I thought it was functional english which is 4.5 band in IELTS..

BTW how was your flight bro..did you took direct flight or stopover? was it full booked? how was ur experience in long flight?

Countless praises to Allah, the Almighty……

:ssign12:FINALLY, I HAVE BEEN GRANTED VISA

Couldn’t stop my emotions when I checked the online status. I checked it twice, thrice, even by logging-out and logging-in thinking it might be system fault, but it was there.

On 17-Feb-2014, CO replied that;

The Migration Program planning level for category (subclass 176 FS) has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year. This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available.

I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government. As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application

After a few hours, another email came from CO, having visa grant.

Since 08-May-2011, it took 2 years, 9 months and 10 days to finalize the case.

The story began on Oct 2010 when decided to migrate, started preparing documents for qualification assessment, IELTS preparation etc, and now that story ends, but it is not it, its start of another.

Initial entry date is 30-Aug-2014

Really wish other friends who are waiting for silver/ golden email, especially Neon. I pray his grant to come soon as well.

How was your flight, fabregas? I guess you were moving to Sydney on 15 Feb.

Yes the flight was ok.. The wait at Bangkok airport was not boring as I met a pakistani student in the flight to bangkok..Currently living in Auburn in a shared location with Pakistanis and Indians..Opened the bank account on my arrival (Sunday) in CommonWealth Bank (because it has more ATMs than any other banks in Australia)..Went to Centrelink to get information about family benefits once my family be here..Today went for Medicare registration..they would send my Medicare card within 6 weeks..I will also get the ATM card within this week..Will buy a 2 years contract of vodafone (65$ per month) with a IPhone 5s 32GB but for this I have to wait for 6 weeks because they need my medicare card as well as the welcome note which will arrive with the ATM (you must have 100 points for the contract and as the salesperson at vodafone told me I had 70 points without my medicare and ATM card welcome note)

Couldn’t stop my emotions when I checked the online status. I checked it twice, thrice, even by logging-out and logging-in thinking it might be system fault, but it was there.

The Migration Program planning level for category (subclass 176 FS) has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year. This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available.

I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government. As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application

The story began on Oct 2010 when decided to migrate, started preparing documents for qualification assessment, IELTS preparation etc, and now that story ends, but it is not it, its start of another.

Really wish other friends who are waiting for silver/ golden email, especially Neon. I pray his grant to come soon as well.

Oye hooye...congrats bro for your grant...did you break my record or not? I was on second number on most delay grant... as per your last info

BTW how was your flight bro..did you took direct flight or stopover? was it full booked? how was ur experience in long flight?

The overall experience was not that bad..I had a connecting flight with 10 hours at Bangkok airport. The flight to Bangkok had few vacant seats..The food was pathetic..It was Halal Meal (although I have few reservations about that )..I slept at the takeoff and next moment found out that the flight would reach Bangkok within half an our :)..The flight from Bangkok to Sydney was not that good although the Swiss Student next to me was very friendly ;)...and the landing was also scary as the plane was above sea level before landing :)

Yes the flight was ok.. The wait at Bangkok airport was not boring as I met a pakistani student in the flight to bangkok..Currently living in Auburn in a shared location with Pakistanis and Indians..Opened the bank account on my arrival (Sunday) in CommonWealth Bank (because it has more ATMs than any other banks in Australia)..Went to Centrelink to get information about family benefits once my family be here..Today went for Medicare registration..they would send my Medicare card within 6 weeks..I will also get the ATM card within this week..Will buy a 2 years contract of vodafone (65$ per month) with a IPhone 5s 32GB but for this I have to wait for 6 weeks because they need my medicare card as well as the welcome note which will arrive with the ATM (you must have 100 points for the contract and as the salesperson at vodafone told me I had 70 points without my medicare and ATM card welcome note)

Nice to hear you are settling in. Not sure but read on one of the forums that in NAB, they give you ATM cards on your first visit if we open online offshore. I seems now we have an idea about which places to find accommodation and places for Asians like Auburn, Lakemba, Bankstown are sure to be on my hit list to find accommodation.

Nice to hear you are settling in. Not sure but read on one of the forums that in NAB, they give you ATM cards on your first visit if we open online offshore. I seems now we have an idea about which places to find accommodation and places for Asians like Auburn, Lakemba, Bankstown are sure to be on my hit list to find accommodation.

You are dead right bro...These three places are full of Asians..One interesting fact is that the people who are living with me has one guy from Quetta Hazara who is on Asylum..All he does is to eat and sleep (he is on centerlink payments)..

The overall experience was not that bad..I had a connecting flight with 10 hours at Bangkok airport. The flight to Bangkok had few vacant seats..The food was pathetic..It was Halal Meal (although I have few reservations about that )..I slept at the takeoff and next moment found out that the flight would reach Bangkok within half an our :)..The flight from Bangkok to Sydney was not that good although the Swiss Student next to me was very friendly ;)...and the landing was also scary as the plane was above sea level before landing :)

Lucky you slept during flight..I cant sleep during flight even if I was awake for 24 hour :(

Wow wow wow.

A heartiest congratulation. A long awaited, rather very long awaited grant.

Hi Shariq,

I've been working on Perth flights as well from Kuwait. Almost all flights go from DXB in Middle East. Choices are Cathay, Malaysia and Singapore: If you want to break your flight. Else, choices are Emirates and Qatar: If you want a direct flight (11 hours).

I did all my research with Expedia to find the best combination, as I preferred to break my long flight. Here is my itinerary:

KWT>DXB: Kuwait Airways

DXB>Singapore and Singapore>Perth: Singapore Airline

Then I will travel to Melbourne by Virgin Atlantic. Afterwards:

MEL>Malaysia and Malaysia>DXB: Malaysian Airline

then back to Kuwait using Emirates

In a nutshell: Find your best combination yourself on Expedia and take it to travel agency for connecting it with Saudi/Pakistan. They will give you better quotation as compare to expedia (hopefully).

Regards,

Noman

Thanks cognosman, I have looked into, there is a relatively cheap option. From Riyadh to Mumbai through Jet airways, then from Mumbai to Singapore, and finally Singapore to Perth. Are we allowed to take indian airlines and stop at Mumbai?

You will also sleep bro when you have to stand in a long queue of Immigration for 2.5 hours at Karachi Airport..;)

InshAllah...for my sleep:) not for waiting at immigration....

For the status update,

I have booked my flight from Emirates for 29th May 2014, these days Emirates is offering special fares, it is little more than Chathay but direct flight of 14 Hr:(...Allah raham karey...

I am a frequent flyer but never been to this duration flight. For me It is hard to bare 1Hr 30min or 2Hr flight. So I can expect, what will happen to me :(

InshAllah...for my sleep:) not for waiting at immigration....

For the status update,

I have booked my flight from Emirates for 29th May 2014, these days Emirates is offering special fares, it is little more than Chathay but direct flight of 14 Hr:(...Allah raham karey...

I am a frequent flyer but never been to this duration flight. For me It is hard to bare 1Hr 30min or 2Hr flight. So I can expect, what will happen to me :(

From where to where? and how much it costs?

Dear Forum Friends,

Its now three months since I am in Melbourne with no success in job.

I am having interviews with recruiting agencies but no direct recruitment. The industry is fine and many jobs do advertise but despite of having all the key selection criteria they reject.

Rest weather us excellent, from centrelink monthly payment we receive is $ 1300 including family tax benefit a and family tax benefit b and rent assistance for couples and two children.

Rest it's an expensive country for whom who have no job and who is new.

My number is 0426883647 name Raza ...

Thanks special prays for 047.

Thanks for remembering me bro.

You will receive your dream job InshaAllah very soon. What about 'odd' jobs. Are they easy to catch or there is competition in that too.

One more thing, the centrelink and other allowances, are they same for family sponsored and independent applicants. In family sponsored case, is the sponsorer the only responsible to take care of sponsoree. How much are you getting there from allowances?

Oye hooye...congrats bro for your grant...did you break my record or not? I was on second number on most delay grant... as per your last info

Wow wow wow.

A heartiest congratulation. A long awaited, rather very long awaited grant.

Congrats 047

Thanks Zain1234, SMShoaib and mext60

Zain1234 !!!

Na bro, I didn't break your record, you still on second so far.....

1025 days (Zain1234) vs 1017 days (047)... You won by 08 days only....Well, I am happy to lose in this contest....:wink:

guys a query...can we submit wife's IELTS transcript after CO's allocation...My friend is submitting his Visa application today and he has to submit all the documents within 28 days of visa application (according to my understanding). His wife will appear for IELTS in march and by then the deadline for 28 days would be over...

As per my knowledge the main applicant's IELTs result should be submitted with the application for partner english skills you can submit it later as well as you will not be claiming any points for it. So u can submit it later as well. Before the visa approval u have to submit partners ielts or VAC 2 payment

in my case - i just provide the english proficiency letter from the university my wife attended - and thats it... no more requirement for IELTS

Congrats

Thanks for remembering me bro.

You will receive your dream job InshaAllah very soon. What about 'odd' jobs. Are they easy to catch or there is competition in that too.

One more thing, the centrelink and other allowances, are they same for family sponsored and independent applicants. In family sponsored case, is the sponsorer the only responsible to take care of sponsoree. How much are you getting there from allowances?

My dearest brother congrats I am very happy for u and prayed for u.

Odd jobs are hard to get and are available to those having reference. Yes they are same for both. Its not necessary u can live on ur own but your referor when submitted his sponsorship committed to the govt thathhe will bear 2years expenses. I am getting $ 1300 as I am with wife and kids. For those who are single or with wife only waiting period is 2 years before they r entitled to any aid from centrelink. I live in melbourne west. Which place u r coming?

Archived