gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats good. Qantas from Dubai to Sydney is much more expensive , almost same rates as Emirates.

Check Cathay rates, I have just checked it rates. From Dubai to Sydney AED 128,xxx/- for two adult and one Child. They have promotion till 30 Jun 2014.

Currently I am waiting for Emirates to offer promotion it starts offers every after two month...let see.

Also I want advice, my son is less that 2 year, Logically I can booked his infant ticket or if I want booked his dedicated seat as a Child. But what is recommenred for long flights like 16 Hrs? Should I booked seperate seat or infant (he will be on our laps)

Check Cathay rates, I have just checked it rates. From Dubai to Sydney AED 128,xxx/- for two adult and one Child. They have promotion till 30 Jun 2014.

Currently I am waiting for Emirates to offer promotion it starts offers every after two month...let see.

Also I want advice, my son is less that 2 year, Logically I can booked his infant ticket or if I want booked his dedicated seat as a Child. But what is recommenred for long flights like 16 Hrs? Should I booked seperate seat or infant (he will be on our laps)

IMO, for long flights like this, separate seat option would be good and manageable, otherwise you can decide based on your budget. Cathay rates are lower and higher on both ends depending on the weekends, weekdays timing of booking. Emirates I dont see going much lower or probably will go a little down in case of any promotion.

So Cathay is good option from Dubai no doubt.

Guys..need a quick advice...

One of my friends has MBA in finance..currently he is doing job as an Accountant since last 3 years...does his job full fills the requirement for JOB relevant to qualification criteria?..and How many points he would get for Qualification and Employment..

Brother no need for separate seat just book baby cart through your travel agent its free but u need to do as fast as possible as there are only a few in plane so you baby can sleep in that special baby cart. I did the same for my baby.

Brother even u book seat for him he will be on ur lap so no seat but book baby bed/cart

For 7-8 hours of transit , is it possible that we can stay in some hotel in / near airport in Hong Kong. Although from different sites, it seems possible but just wanted to know whether any one had this experience of staying in a hotel on transit either in Hongkong / Singapore / Malaysia / Thailand without leaving the airport.

For 7-8 hours of transit , is it possible that we can stay in some hotel in / near airport in Hong Kong. Although from different sites, it seems possible but just wanted to know whether any one had this experience of staying in a hotel on transit either in Hongkong / Singapore / Malaysia / Thailand without leaving the airport.

Usually airlines do not provide hotels for short stay and 7-8 hours are not so much time to go out and stay at hotel as to exit it will take minimum 1 hour than u have to come 2 hours before flight so not very comfortable.

Further more u have to take visas for any country means spending extra money.

Thats why its better to have a transit stay of not more than 3 to 4 hours.

For hotels inside the airport I don't have much idea but never saw any hotels and usually people are sleeping on seats on airport

Usually airlines do not provide hotels for short stay and 7-8 hours are not so much time to go out and stay at hotel as to exit it will take minimum 1 hour than u have to come 2 hours before flight so not very comfortable.

Further more u have to take visas for any country means spending extra money.

Thats why its better to have a transit stay of not more than 3 to 4 hours.

For hotels inside the airport I don't have much idea but never saw any hotels and usually people are sleeping on seats on airport

Yes just saw this Hong Kong airport hotel site, seemed like the provide rooms inside the airport

Plaza Premium Lounges are located within Departure Transit Lounges of all three terminals of Hong Kong Airport. Plaza Premium Lounges provide passengers with everything they need to have a comfortable stay without leaving the airport or clearing Immigration.

Plaza Premium Lounges at Hong Kong Airport are perfect for a short rest in between international flights.

If not they provide transit lounges as well , paid and unpaid.

Passengers wishing to rest in a relaxing green environment can visit the miniature gardens and resting lounges on the Departures Level near gates 21, 26, 34, 41 and 61.

In addition, there are pay-in lounges where passengers can enjoy refreshments, internet access and shower by paying a reasonable fee. Airline Lounges are also available to eligible passengers of particular airlines.

Yes just saw this airport at Hong Kong, seemed like it is inside the airport

Plaza Premium Lounges are located within Departure Transit Lounges of all three terminals of Hong Kong Airport. Plaza Premium Lounges provide passengers with everything they need to have a comfortable stay without leaving the airport or clearing Immigration.

If not they provide transit lounges as well , paid and unpaid.

Passengers wishing to rest in a relaxing green environment can visit the miniature gardens and resting lounges on the Departures Level near gates 21, 26, 34, 41 and 61.

In addition, there are pay-in lounges where passengers can enjoy refreshments, internet access and shower by paying a reasonable fee. Airline Lounges are also available to eligible passengers of particular airlines.

Brother u r right there are these kind of lounges in every airport like at dubai airport its called Marhaba lounge but actually u can not use it as a hotel room anyway as I told try to get less stay time and take rest at destination

Brother u r right there are these kind of lounges in every airport like at dubai airport its called Marhaba lounge but actually u can not use it as a hotel room anyway as I told try to get less stay time and take rest at destination

Yes probably once we get OZ passport (Insh Allah), then we can think of staying on transit in other countries visa free. :smile:

Brother no need for separate seat just book baby cart through your travel agent its free but u need to do as fast as possible as there are only a few in plane so you baby can sleep in that special baby cart. I did the same for my baby.

Brother even u book seat for him he will be on ur lap so no seat but book baby bed/cart

I have the same concern, even i booked his seat he will not settle and keep standing or Jumping and running...

Are Australia flight are full booked? usually its their any chance I manage to get empty seat aboard. So I can move to tht seat in case..

Brother, I beleive you are in Duabi/UAE....

Take ENBD paltinum card and you can have worldwide aaccess to irport lounge for free. I have done the same, access is availabe in Hongkong, Bangkok, Pakistan and also in Dubai.

Even for 7 & 8 hour transit you can sit relax and enjoy.

I have the same concern, even i booked his seat he will not settle and keep standing or Jumping and running...

Are Australia flight are full booked? usually its their any chance I manage to get empty seat aboard. So I can move to tht seat in case..

Thats what kids will do regardless of they have seats or no so be ready.

Flights are full or no it depends upon your luck. One i traveled alone from dubai the whole plane was almost empty means only 50% but when i traveled with family not a single seat vacant.

Tell your travel

Agent to book baby cart for you and save money

Thats what kids will do regardless of they have seats or no so be ready.

Flights are full or no it depends upon your luck. One i traveled alone from dubai the whole plane was almost empty means only 50% but when i traveled with family not a single seat vacant.

Tell your travel

Agent to book baby cart for you and save money

lol...when you need it, things are not availabe and when you dont require enough availabe.

do you remember your day and time, when you travel alone? is it weekday or start of weekend?

lol...when you need it, things are not availabe and when you dont require enough availabe.

do you remember your day and time, when you travel alone? is it weekday or start of weekend?

It was Thursday when plane was empty.

Plane was full on friday when we travel together

Brother, I beleive you are in Duabi/UAE....

Take ENBD paltinum card and you can have worldwide aaccess to irport lounge for free. I have done the same, access is availabe in Hongkong, Bangkok, Pakistan and also in Dubai.

Even for 7 & 8 hour transit you can sit relax and enjoy.

Currently closing all credit cards as duration in UAE left is not that much, so not sure I will go for opening emirates nbd card now. So hopefully there would be other way to use the lounges, probably free ones. Lets see.

The baskinet is only for babies upto around six months and they also have a length (as long as baby fits in the baskinet without legs hanging around) and weight criteria (i think around 5-6 kg) for it... I had this problem when I tried to get one for my daughter who is around 1 yrs old on Thai Airway and they told me that generally it can accomodate only small babies and they are reluctant to give it even for 7-8 mnths+. As your kid seems to be older than that since he can stand and jump :) so you will have to explore options other than baskinet.

Archived