gr8leo87

Guest cherise

Hi guys Im from South africa, cat 2 got a case officer on the 10 march 2011 everything has changed to met on the 22/3/2011 and I have been asked to do medicals and get my afp check done. everything went very quick! good luck to the rest of you.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys Im from South africa, cat 2 got a case officer on the 10 march 2011 everything has changed to met on the 22/3/2011 and I have been asked to do medicals and get my afp check done. everything went very quick! good luck to the rest of you.

Hope your day is coming very soon....

Best of luck

Guest jigarercivil

Hi I am from India.. Mine all met.. but specific exp "required".. and work exp "met".. and requested for medical/pcc on 14th feb.. now medical finalized on front page not on document checklist.. yet no job verification.. hope fully visa soon :biggrin: but

Hope your day is coming very soon....

Best of luck

Guest guest41018
I have good news from a Pakistani applicant who wrote in a different forum.

He is asked for medical checks by case officer after 18 months of form80 submitted. He had submitted form80 on Nov2009.

The CO usually goes through details in the Form 80 and sends it away 2-4 weeks after you would send it to them - we know this because we found out that the date they passed it on was a couple of weeks after we sent the Form 80 to them. Once done, it takes them a couple of weeks to process the response before responding to the applicant(s). You will note that November 2009 to March 2011 is about 16 months (not 18). One is led to believe that it is currently taking 15 months for Pakistanis for security check and this would confirm it.

We are currently at 14 months.

The CO usually goes through details in the Form 80 and sends it away 2-4 weeks after you would send it to them - we know this because we found out that the date they passed it on was a couple of weeks after we sent the Form 80 to them. Once done, it takes them a couple of weeks to process the response before responding to the applicant(s). You will note that November 2009 to March 2011 is about 16 months (not 18). One is led to believe that it is currently taking 15 months for Pakistanis for security check and this would confirm it.

We are currently at 14 months.

Actually, Nov 2009 is the second sent of form 80. First he sent on September 2009. The reason he sent for second times, I guess, Case officer request some amendment to form 80.

Guest Feronia

I only know LR countries. And the countries that doesn't include in this list is called HR.

Is there any other group as Very HR countries???? Which countries are they?

I'm from Turkey.

Guest guest41018
Actually, Nov 2009 is the second sent of form 80. First he sent on September 2009. The reason he sent for second times, I guess, Case officer request some amendment to form 80.

We also submitted twice, we had intially sent it in with the application. They don't send it away until they have received the full and final version.

Guest guest41018
I only know LR countries. And the countries that doesn't include in this list is called HR.

Is there any other group as Very HR countries???? Which countries are they?

I'm from Turkey.

Very HR would be Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh and number of Middle Eastern countries, North Korea too ? I daresay a number of African countries might be included too. You should be okay with Turkey, it's a secular country without any major security issues (Kurdish issue excluded), has good relations with most countries, tends to keep itself out of the limelight and is borderline Europe.

Guest Feronia
You should be okay with Turkey, it's a secular country without any major security issues (Kurdish issue excluded), has good relations with most countries, tends to keep itself out of the limelight and is borderline Europe.

I am also thinking about like this but the visa timelines doesn't say the same thing :arghh:. Also there is a special bound with Australians and Turkish guys, every year lots of Aussie visit Turkey for Anzac day...

But as I understood we are not as luck as some HR countries :(

Assume there is a hidden priority between the HR countries... Not only related with ETA list

Exactly! ETA list does not show anything valuable. LR countries may have same priority, however, there are High Risk countries, very high risk countries, and very very high risk countries also.

Security Assessments of;

HR Countries takes 3-6 months

Very HR Countries takes 6-10 months

Very very HR countries takes 10 and more months.

Guest guest41018
Exactly! ETA list does not show anything valuable. LR countries may have same priority, however, there are High Risk countries, very high risk countries, and very very high risk countries also.

Security Assessments of;

HR Countries takes 3-6 months

Very HR Countries takes 6-10 months

Very very HR countries takes 10 and more months.

I think it has more to do with how long the respective countries take to respond. As I am sure you are aware, anything to do with Pakistan will take forever. You can imagine government authorities there doing nothing or playing pass the parcel, finally giving up and pretending that they have done some sort of extensive due dilligence whereas, in fact, they have done nothing.

Guest Feronia

Somebody have to do some improvements about this subject. Everywhere, newspapers, web sites, we are reading Australia need skilled person. We are engineer couples, knowing English, ready to join in the workforce of australia and cannot pass the door because of the external checks. External checks being longer because of ASIO's logjam. ASIO's logjam is because of the asylum seekers...

It a serious paradox... The people who are needed by australia (skilled ones) are being waited because of the people that australia doesn't want (Asylum seekers)... It's not fair :(

Guest Feronia
I think it has more to do with how long the respective countries take to respond. As I am sure you are aware, anything to do with Pakistan will take forever. You can imagine government authorities there doing nothing or playing pass the parcel, finally giving up and pretending that they have done some sort of extensive due dilligence whereas, in fact, they have done nothing.

Roundomus where are you from?

Guest guest41018
Roundomus where are you from?

We are both from the UK, but my wife was born in Pakistan and hasn't been resident there, like her family, for the last 30 years. She left Pakistan aged 5 or 6, has a top-notch IELTS score, we both have degrees from two of the most highly-regarded universities in the world, she works in a senior management capacity for the most well-known multinational in her field and is even professionally registered in Australia. You might be asking why they are taking so long over someone who the Pakistanis probably have no record of whatsoever, we'd be inclined to ask why they would even bother when, as the Form 80 makes clear, that she has not been resident in Pakistan for the last decade (or the two before that). It would appear that they have concerns about five year old kids too.

Fraud Public Interest Criterion

On 2 April 2011, the department is introducing the Fraud Public Interest Criterion (PIC) that will be applied to certain visa subclasses in the Skilled and Employer Sponsored Migration Program. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/fraud-pic.pdf

Does anyone here know what this could mean???? Another check different to internal/external check???? A further delay????

Fraud Public Interest Criterion

On 2 April 2011, the department is introducing the Fraud Public Interest Criterion (PIC) that will be applied to certain visa subclasses in the Skilled and Employer Sponsored Migration Program. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/fraud-pic.pdf

Does anyone here know what this could mean???? Another check different to internal/external check???? A further delay????

I think it can be some sort of penalty for those applicants who provide fraudulent information and it is not necessarily a new checking process.

Regards

I think it can be some sort of penalty for those applicants who provide fraudulent information and it is not necessarily a new checking process.

Regards

Don't they already refuse/reject applications which provide fraudulent information/claims?

Obviously, if an applicant cannot substantiate their claims on an application by means of satisfactory evidences, surely, their applications would be rejected/refused anyway?

I don't understand what this new process is actually about.

Guest OZguy1980
Every thing is affecting GSM HR applicants :mad:

It seems there is no advantage for HR applicant even become Category2 applicant:mad:

Guest rupani
I think it has more to do with how long the respective countries take to respond. As I am sure you are aware, anything to do with Pakistan will take forever. You can imagine government authorities there doing nothing or playing pass the parcel, finally giving up and pretending that they have done some sort of extensive due diligence whereas, in fact, they have done nothing.

Hi,

IMHO you are generalizing it, as you may not have the personal experience. As matter of fact we even do not know which department is doing the security checks in our country. I can not agree with you more that we do have some black sheep's in all departments but this is not exceptional with Pakistan only.

Regards

Guest rupani
Don't they already refuse/reject applications which provide fraudulent information/claims?

Obviously, if an applicant cannot substantiate their claims on an application by means of satisfactory evidences, surely, their applications would be rejected/refused anyway?

I don't understand what this new process is actually about.

Hi,

IMO, they have segregated the internal check department based on the main functions being performed by them. Further I guess that it would take more time in internal checks now onwards.

regards

Hi there

Today I've received the second e-mail from ASIO,I was surprised to reply to my enquiry.

Correspondence reference: 2011/380

File reference: 2010/76

Dear ***********

Visa inquiry – **********

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application and advise there is no current case with ASIO.

Please contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about your application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

25 March 2011

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 F+61 2 6271 5696 Inspector General of Intelligence and Security

I was allocated a case officer on 31/01/2011, I had a job verification call on 05/03/2011 and a call about my qualification on 15/03/2011 and since then I haven't heard anything...My police certificate and form 80 are met...Do you think that DIAC will restrict my file to internal check only:biggrin: or the killing waiting hasn't started yet:mad:

Hi there

Today I've received the second e-mail from ASIO,I was surprised to reply to my enquiry.

Correspondence reference: 2011/380

File reference: 2010/76

Dear ***********

Visa inquiry – **********

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application and advise there is no current case with ASIO.

Please contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about your application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

25 March 2011

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 F+61 2 6271 5696 Inspector General of Intelligence and Security

I was allocated a case officer on 31/01/2011, I had a job verification call on 05/03/2011 and a call about my qualification on 15/03/2011 and since then I haven't heard anything...My police certificate and form 80 are met...Do you think that DIAC will restrict my file to internal check only:biggrin: or the killing waiting hasn't started yet:mad:

I think, you should ask to your case officer about security checks if they are commenced or not started yet ?

I think, you should ask to your case officer about security checks if they are commenced or not started yet ?

Thanks Enet! ASIO said that there is "NO CURRENT CASE WITH ASIO"..This means that security checks haven't started yet or won't start at all. I sent an e-mail to my case officer and got this reply:

No further documents are required at this time. At present this application

is undergoing routine processing. You will be contacted when all other

routine processing is completed.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks Enet! ASIO said that there is "NO CURRENT CASE WITH ASIO"..This means that security checks haven't started yet or won't start at all. I sent an e-mail to my case officer and got this reply:

No further documents are required at this time. At present this application

is undergoing routine processing. You will be contacted when all other

routine processing is completed.

Your patience is appreciated.

Then what is your CO doing ? He had to send your file for security checks as soon as he was assigned to your application

I have the same problem around two months ago my stupid CO said my application is under internal checks I fear my file has not been sent for security checks

In this case I would be totally screwed up due to my CO's stupidity

I don't know what sort of priority it is :mad:

I have planned to wait until May and then make a complaint against my CO

Regards