gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for your replies.

1. Actually HSBC bank says we can make payment in our account from anywhere in the world. Just we need to make account active by doing transactions at times. But your suggestion of getting credit card from Pak is good one. How much time usually it takes to get credit card from banks in Pakistan ( I already have accounts in some of the banks there) ?

Also we can use Credit card from Pakistan and do transactions in OZ and we can make payment either online or through money transfer to our Paki account (by setting credit card payment to auto deduct on 100%). Using a credit card and bank account from Pak seems to much safer option than using UAE bank cards, because in UAE everything is tied up to our sponsorship residence visa. So thanks for this suggestion and other replies :)

If HSBC is fine with carrying their credit card while exiting, I will definitely go with that. Yes, you just have to keep the account active by having minimum transactions, which is do able. A UAE credit card will give you better access and may be a better exchange rate. As long as your payments are on time no issues with your sponsor or anything.

I think it's not an easy job to get a credit card in Pak, there are a lot of verification's and the process is definitely not 1 or 2 months process.

Bank Account in UAE:

I had account in Dubai Islamic Bank. I clearly remember that I closed the account but for some reason it wasn't. when I wanted to get the bank Statement in 2012, I found out that I need to pay them 1200 DHS as the maintenance charges for keeping this account. You can never close it in your absence. So think twice.

Credit Card in Pakistan:

I came to know that although you have an account in Pakistan, you can not avail the credit card facility being Non-Resident Pakistani. So let me know if any bank allows this. I didn't check about prepaid master/visa card but would love to know if this is available in Pakistan.

Related queries..

1) Can anyone survive without credit card(cash only) in OZ for early days? Rent a car, hotel booking etc.

2) If we put substantial amount in one of OZ bank, will they issue credit card right away or they will need evidence of salary etc.

If HSBC is fine with carrying their credit card while exiting, I will definitely go with that. Yes, you just have to keep the account active by having minimum transactions, which is do able. A UAE credit card will give you better access and may be a better exchange rate. As long as your payments are on time no issues with your sponsor or anything.

I think it's not an easy job to get a credit card in Pak, there are a lot of verification's and the process is definitely not 1 or 2 months process.

Thanks for very informative replies. Probably with Dubai Islamic Bank, things could be different but HSBC as they claim they are global bank and one good thing is that we can open internationl accounts in different countries and transfer amount within accounts instantly. Maintenance fees they didnt charge for HSBC, but probably if we can do instant transfers withing HSBC acocunts free of charge say HSBC OZ to HSBC UAE, then its a good option. I will visit any of the branch and will keep you guys updated on this, but these all information call center guy gave me, so probably this could all be true and no problem in maintaining hsbc bank while leaving uae.

HSBC account I have does not require any minimum balance, and bank is OK if I operate it through online banking from OZ. But yes will get all the details about keeping the bank and credit cards account active. Getting card in Pakistan does not seem a quick solution as it would take time but probably we can use Pakistan banks visa debit card for transactions.

Cancelling credit cards just before starting the journey is really a haunting feeling for me, becuase before and after journey these will be very handy like booking tickets, hotels, initially paying in OZ. So lets hope hsbc turns out to be global bank as they claim :)

Thanks for very informative replies. Probably with Dubai Islamic Bank, things could be different but HSBC as they claim they are global bank and one good thing is that we can open internationl accounts in different countries and transfer amount within accounts instantly. Maintenance fees they didnt charge for HSBC, but probably if we can do instant transfers withing HSBC acocunts free of charge say HSBC OZ to HSBC UAE, then its a good option. I will visit any of the branch and will keep you guys updated on this, but these all information call center guy gave me, so probably this could all be true and no problem in maintaining hsbc bank while leaving uae.

HSBC account I have does not require any minimum balance, and bank is OK if I operate it through online banking from OZ. But yes will get all the details about keeping the bank and credit cards account active. Getting card in Pakistan does not seem a quick solution as it would take time but probably we can use Pakistan banks visa debit card for transactions.

Cancelling credit cards just before starting the journey is really a haunting feeling for me, becuase before and after journey these will be very handy like booking tickets, hotels, initially paying in OZ. So lets hope hsbc turns out to be global bank as they claim :)

If there are no transactions in any bank account for 6 months, that account is freezed. This is a universal rule. When your salary transfer will stop crediting in your bank account and if you don't make any transactions, it will freeze.

If there are no transactions in any bank account for 6 months, that account is freezed. This is a universal rule. When your salary transfer will stop crediting in your bank account and if you don't make any transactions, it will freeze.

Probably opening hsbc in oz will ease the trasnfer tension and money we can transact to and fro every now and then, but closing all account , credit cards all of a sudden is more problematic may be. So probably you are suggesting that it should be closed? May be there is an option to close it remotely from OZ as well, not sure though they provide this option or not.

guys please reply me as early as possible..

I want to know the exact procedure of eye testing during medicals at IOM..Please I need to know the steps and exact details..dothey use computerized testing...

Just a simple reading test on the Snellen Chart, nothing complicated. If you wear glasses let them know or carry them with you. Medicals are very easy, no issues. Just relax and go. They take urine samples but don't even test them, I know for sure. They are mainly concerned about TB, HIV and Hepatitis. Rest is just a formality.

Probably opening hsbc in oz will ease the trasnfer tension and money we can transact to and fro every now and then, but closing all account , credit cards all of a sudden is more problematic may be. So probably you are suggesting that it should be closed? May be there is an option to close it remotely from OZ as well, not sure though they provide this option or not.

No, keep your credit card with you and account open, if this can be done. This is a blessing.

Confirm with your local branch.

Bro my son has RTL Astigmatism, Left Coloboma, Left Amblyopia in his left eye...

His vision in one eye is near none...

would it make any problems during medicals?...

thats why I am asking for the procedure of eye testing...

Do they close each eye and then ask you to read words...

I am totally confused right now

Brother really sorry to hear for your son .

I can tell you abt eye testing at karachi IOM . no computerised testing , thet will only ask to read the chart from s distance . from from right eye , keeping left close , then by left eye keeping right one close .

But this also depends how old your son is . for babies under 4 years there is no test, no blood test as well . just physical examination .

For children 5-10 physical exam plus urine analysis

I think they will test the eye if you kid is in the block 5-10 years .

[TABLE=width: 953]

[TR=bgcolor: #E4EED5]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

They dont check eye sight for the kids neither they check in the physical examination. No need to tell them its useless and will create problems.

In case they find it out by physical examination bring with you recommendation letter from doctor and it should be written that this is a non transmitting prob and very cheap in treatment and had nothing to do ill with the society.

My wife suffered from Fungus Keratitis and she lost her one eye vision .during medicals we gave recommendation letter to iom .

Dont worry and pray to Allah.

Bro my son has RTL Astigmatism, Left Coloboma, Left Amblyopia in his left eye...

I want to know the exact procedure of eye testing during medicals at IOM..Please I need to know the steps and exact details..dothey use computerized testing...

My son has RTL Astigmatism, Left Coloboma, Left Amblyopia in his left eye...

bro cant you let them know in existing condition along with the doctor diagnosis stuff ?? I think they consider it :)

Rcommendation should also include

There is no treatment for the visual impairment caused by coloboma at present. Specialized contact lenses can be used later in life for colobomas of the iris, and glasses can be used to help with vision problems also write on recommendations that its a birth defect

Not in Australia. As long as there is positive balance, the account will remain active. However, except for NAB, almost all Australian banks charge a $5-6 monthly account maintenance fee that gets waived if you deposit more than AU$2000 into it in a given month.

It wont. HSBC Australia is a different entity from HSBC Middle East. They may operate a preferential arrangement with each other, but otherwise the Australian subsidiary of HSBC behaves much more like the Australian banks than Middle Eastern ones.

Not in Australia. As long as there is positive balance, the account will remain active. However, except for NAB, almost all Australian banks charge a $5-6 monthly account maintenance fee that gets waived if you deposit more than AU$2000 into it in a given month.

By no transcations I mean empty bank account and no pay cheques in the future as the OP will be exiting UAE. Therefore, it will be freezed.

Hi Twister,

Do you have any idea? If some one reach OZ and he opens an account their in XYZ Bank then will that bank issue him Credit Card or Prepaid Internet/Master/Visa Card? Provided this guy has yet to find a job or permanent address.

It wont. HSBC Australia is a different entity from HSBC Middle East. They may operate a preferential arrangement with each other, but otherwise the Australian subsidiary of HSBC behaves much more like the Australian banks than Middle Eastern ones.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for writing to.......... ...

The Australian Government understands that migration is a major life decision.* Australia is fortunate in that the number of people seeking skilled migration far exceeds the number of places available in the program.* The Department of Immigration and Citizenship can only grant the number of visas allocated by the Government in the annual migration program and so must prioritise the order in which skilled migration applications are processed through priority processing arrangements.* Priority processing arrangements ensure that the economy gets the skills it needs now, rather than those of visa applicants who applied first.

– Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

I found the reason of my case being delayed in your above post.

The reason is

"Priority processing arrangements ensure that the economy gets the skills it needs now, rather than those of visa applicants who applied first."

It means that OZ are not currently in a mood to have Electronics Engineers.

But one contradicting thing is that one of my colleague having the same profession and occupation as mine has got Med/ PCC call, while he applied in 175 category in Mar 2012. Strange tactics by DIBP....

Hi Twister,

Do you have any idea? If some one reach OZ and he opens an account their in XYZ Bank then will that bank issue him Credit Card or Prepaid Internet/Master/Visa Card? Provided this guy has yet to find a job or permanent address.

Dear friend you an even open a bank account even u r outside australia. You can fill account opening form, after a few days you will receive the account number and other information and than u can transfer money in it but u can not withdraw. You can do thos process around a month before you are planning to come. Once you are ready to move jist inform bank that you will be traveling to australia on that date and they will inform you abt the branch, date to meet the banker and once u reach their and the banker will hand over the visa/master card debit card ready to use in five minutes.

I have done the same thing with NAB bank everything is pretty simple check their web site.

The reason is

"Priority processing arrangements ensure that the economy gets the skills it needs now, rather than those of visa applicants who applied first."

Can u pls give me ur cell number I need to talk to you

My son has RTL Astigmatism, Left Coloboma, Left Amblyopia in his left eye...

How old is your son ???

As for my case, they didn't take the eye test for my daughter (4 yrs) and son (2 yrs).

For me and wife, they took the test by closing each eye..

Dear friend you an even open a bank account even u r outside australia. You can fill account opening form, after a few days you will receive the account number and other information and than u can transfer money in it but u can not withdraw. You can do thos process around a month before you are planning to come. Once you are ready to move jist inform bank that you will be traveling to australia on that date and they will inform you abt the branch, date to meet the banker and once u reach their and the banker will hand over the visa/master card debit card ready to use in five minutes.

I have done the same thing with NAB bank everything is pretty simple check their web site.

dear Fari can you please share the email adress of that particular bank so that we may contact them at the time of need, also please advise the minimum account openinmg balance required... also please share your home country

Just a simple reading test on the Snellen Chart, nothing complicated. If you wear glasses let them know or carry them with you. Medicals are very easy, no issues. Just relax and go. They take urine samples but don't even test them, I know for sure. They are mainly concerned about TB, HIV and Hepatitis. Rest is just a formality.

One of my friend has given medicals some days ago. He was told by IOM that his urine contains glucose contents and he has to come again the next day for some more tests (Creatinine and some other tests).

So, I think IOM takes each test very strictly......

The reason is

It means that OZ are not currently in a mood to have Electronics Engineers.

But one contradicting thing is that one of my colleague having the same profession and occupation as mine has got Med/ PCC call, while he applied in 175 category in Mar 2012. Strange tactics by DIBP....

The reason is not his profession rather his visa category. He is FS sponsored while your friend is not.

Dear Bro,

My sincere advise for you is to close the credit cards of UAE and come here and forget about HSBC or any other UAE banks transfer here.

Best is to get an account in NAB, common wealth bank etc as I have told in earlier post and u just have to travel without credit card during the flight and once you land here u can straight away go to the bank and get visa/master debit card.

Reason is simple NAB or other Aussie bank like common wealth are free of charges, you will find ATMs all around city otherwise you have to pay 2.5$ or 3$ for each transaction you do on ATM of any other bank like HSBC or citi or any other international bank even other local banks as HSBC or others may have only few atms in City but local banks like nab and others have ATMs on every area.

Left alone using UAE credit card you will be losing 10$ even you take out or use Ur card for 2$ due to currency conversion and ATM using charges.

If you still insist of using UAE card or HSBC than be ready to lose your money.

Hi Rezasol,Thanks for your insight.I will be landing in Sydney. Do you mind telling us those Sydney areas that are not supposed to be mentioned in resume.

You can mention northern sydney, inner sydney and all the surrounding suburbs like ashfield. You should not mention any areas where Lebanese and desi population is a bit higher. Lebs are major troublemakers here...

I don't have a list on me..

dear Fari can you please share the email adress of that particular bank so that we may contact them at the time of need, also please advise the minimum account openinmg balance required... also please share your home country

Mate you do not require any amount to open the bank account. Please just type NAB in google search, click enter or click search by mouse, NAB website option will come, click on that, NAB website will open than read it carefully and can open an account in 15 minutes without any deposit. After a few days you will receive your account number go to any exchange company in UAE Pakistan or anywhere in world and give them your nab account details and money and it will transferred in two days time and once you land here you can get visa debit card in 5 minutes by visiting designated branch.

Please try by your self as well no need for any email address or person. Search on their website it's all available there for newly immigrants and of you don't understand anything let me know ;)

Don't worry my daughter was around 5 yes old and they didn't check her eye sight they just check that she is in good health by checking weight, physical examination. So no need to tell them by your own.

Archived