gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brothers,

Today i visited Pakistan post office, and asked about rate if i want to send my some parcels to Australia. They said it will charge around 16 thousand PKR for a 20Kg parcel. isnt it too much?

I think it's OK. Try some cargo service they will be slightly cheaper. How much weigt will you be carrying with you? You can carry upto 25kgs per adult and around 20kg for childern below 11. Plus you can take around 8kgs of hand carry per person.

Is this all not enough for you still?? :chatterbox:

It's still a mystery how DIAC actually work. If they needed this information, why they have waited 17 months to ask for it. By looking into the recent trends, this email should be your silver email but unfortunately, it is not.

Good luck!

I got asked for employment gap last year in June2012, so I agree with you if some thing is missing in Form80, why they wait so much time to ask for clarifications.

I think it's OK. Try some cargo service they will be slightly cheaper. How much weigt will you be carrying with you? You can carry upto 25kgs per adult and around 20kg for childern below 11. Plus you can take around 8kgs of hand carry per person.

Is this all not enough for you still?? :chatterbox:

bro, i heard they allow 40kg for adults and 20 or kids if migrants. One should explore all the options i believe and no harm if you can take sofa set and bed and all kitchen stuff along :biglaugh:

Lolzz... Check if they can allow car's engine too ;)

Yes that around 40 is 25kg luggage and 8 to 10kg hand carry.

BTW bro, cant we go on car :) ... it will save lot of money

1. you dont have to lose money here in car selling

2. u dont have to buy a new car there

3. u can save airtickets :P

TEAM 13 in action. asking for 4, 5 months gaps in education, once I was doing additional maths to qualify for B.SC Computer Science, during which I was enrolled in 3rd year as well. and 2nd was just the gap between B.SC results declaration and admission in Uni that is 3-4 months gap, as it happens in Pak. How to respond ? and does it mean I am going to Aus soon ? I have CO since Jun2012.

To bother you guys again: I have to add that they also ask about the addresses of all institutes/Uni I attended.

I think the story of Team 13 is of no interest to fellas here so I went through the forum(old posts) since the first case of Team 13 reported and found that its not of much significant. I think it doesnt show that your case is near completion though it shows that your case is on the move and alive.

To bother you guys again: I have to add that they also ask about the addresses of all institutes/Uni I attended.

I think the story of Team 13 is of no interest to fellas here so I went through the forum(old posts) since the first case of Team 13 reported and found that its not of much significant. I think it doesnt show that your case is near completion though it shows that your case is on the move and alive.

i was also asked about addresses of institutions. You are right. But how did you reach to the conclusion that getting contacted by team 13 does not have any significance? I was getting very optimistic of getting med call, but since it's over 1 month now I am also back to the previous state of mind i.e. forget and carry on with the usual routine.

Edited by thinktank

BTW bro, cant we go on car :) ... it will save lot of money

1. you dont have to lose money here in car selling

2. u dont have to buy a new car there

3. u can save airtickets :P

Get in touch with some car smugler for transportation. Lol

don't sell everything before going, what if you or your family doesn't like it there or something of that sort.

I always suggest to go on a solo mission and then bring uour family later.

i was also asked about addresses of institutions. You are right. But how did you reach to the conclusion that getting contacted by team 13 does not have any significance? I was getting very optimistic of getting med call, but since it's over 1 month now I am also back to the previous state of mind i.e. forget and carry on with the usual routine.

Bcz I read your posts and "Pakistani" posts. After one month you have not got your silver mail and "Pakistani" got it after 3 months ( if my memory serves me right) which we expected to be getting next 3, 4 months. so that makes this of no significance(in my view).

Just an update..

Landed in Sydney a week ago at a friend's place.. started applying for jobs.. lets hope for the best..

I'll keep coming here every now and then.. so post a question if you want to..

Glad to see you have made the move. As I'll be moving to Sydney as well, it would be helpful if you share your initial observation of the city and the environment just after landing and overall experience of your trip.

Wish you good luck with the job search.

For those who are interested in purchasing ticket, here is some info to them;

One of my friend's brother went to Adelaide last month. He purchased one-way ticket from KHI in just 47,000 (PKR) from Qantas Airline

Another of my friend is planning to move to canberra and he got fare of Rs. 45,000 from the same airline (for some January 2014 date). Their office is somewhere near Metropole (for Karachi people)

Although Qantas does not directly operate from Karachi, but they manage itinerary for you in coordination with other airlines.

Very Good fare rates. :eek:

Glad to see you have made the move. As I'll be moving to Sydney as well, it would be helpful if you share your initial observation of the city and the environment just after landing and overall experience of your trip.

Wish you good luck with the job search.

It's only been little more than a week over here for me..

Overall, there is nothing you can't find over here.. Electronics are very expensive.. Ambulance costs money.. a lot of money.

I landed in my friends place for a week and have now moved to another friend's place for sometime now.

People are quite friendly and helpful. No issue with that.. Just make sure to be courteous and polite and that's it.

With respect to job, though many have told you already, you need Australian experience.. there is no shortcut here and you can just hope to be lucky really.

I am still looking for a role btw.

It's only been little more than a week over here for me..

Overall, there is nothing you can't find over here.. Electronics are very expensive.. Ambulance costs money.. a lot of money.

I landed in my friends place for a week and have now moved to another friend's place for sometime now.

People are quite friendly and helpful. No issue with that.. Just make sure to be courteous and polite and that's it.

With respect to job, though many have told you already, you need Australian experience.. there is no shortcut here and you can just hope to be lucky really.

I am still looking for a role btw.

Best of luck for your search and thanks for sharing. Will new elected government have any positive or negative impact on the immigrants?