gr8leo87

Guys, I need your opinion

For my wife, I did meds right after lodging the application last year and they got expired in May this year. CO has asked to redo the meds for her but by the grace of Almighty Allah she is pregnant and she cannot undergo x-ray.

CO has given me two options:

Option A: Her meds will be extended for 6 months and we have to validate the visa in the start of Nov, 2013

Option B: We wait for the delivery till next year in Sha Allah, add the kid to existing application and do the meds for the wife and kid

In any case, I am not planning to move permanently for next 2 years. Please suggest what should I do?

Thanks

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, I need your opinion

For my wife, I did meds right after lodging the application last year and they got expired in May this year. CO has asked to redo the meds for her but by the grace of Almighty Allah she is pregnant.

CO has given me two options:

Option A: Her meds will be extended for 6 months and we have to validate the visa in the start of Nov, 2013

Option B: We wait for the delivery till next year in Sha Allah, add the kid to existing application and do the meds for the wife and kid

In any case, I am not planning to move permanently for next 2 years. Please suggest what should I do?

Thanks

Bro, best is to go there before the delivery and if baby is born there then baby will get straight citizenship.

are your medicals finalized already ? yours and ur wife? if yes then why dont u ask for grant and go there.

Thai airline allows expecting mothers to travel up to 33rd week of the pregnancy along with a medical certificate from doctor.

Bro, best is to go there before the delivery and if baby is born there then baby will get straight citizenship.

are your medicals finalized already ? yours and ur wife? if yes then why dont u ask for grant and go there.

Thai airline allows expecting mothers to travel up to 33rd week of the pregnancy along with a medical certificate from doctor.

My meds are finalized but for her we can't do it as x-rays are not allowed

My meds are finalized but for her we can't do it as x-rays are not allowed

bro, if first trimester (3months) is over then you are good to go with xray. xrays are not allowed in three months.

for pregnant women medical centers use protective shields plus as compared to old xray machines now rays intensity is very low and not harmful for the baby. but consult ur doctor too.

:ssign12:

Alhamdulilah, VISA GRANTED TODAY.

My medical was finalized in Feb 2013, I thought my initial entry date would be Feb 2014 and i requested by CO for entry date extension upon my PCC submission.

Guess what, I got initial entry date of August 2014

Thanks everyone for your help

Cheers

My medical was finalized in Feb 2013, I thought my initial entry date would be Feb 2014 and i requested by CO for entry date extension upon my PCC submission.

Cheers

Congrats bro, wish u all the best :)

Cheers

hmmmmm::::congratz :biggrin:

Cheers

Congratulations. Good that you asked for an extended entry date and it was in fact considered.

Cheers

Wow congratulations Ali bhai, I would appreciate if you could call me to celebrate :P

Cheers

Congratulations man... wish you luck for your settlement in Oz land ;)

Thanks everyone.....

Yes thinktank, I thought extension on initial entry date is very tough to get. But i requested by CO and she listened to me.

I gave her some legitimate justifications too why i am requesting extension.

Justifications like

- Resigning from current company (notice period)

- Sell my household items here

- Arranging my final exit (closing accounts etc.)

- Visit my homeland and meet relatives (haven't been to Pakistan since 2010)

- Sell my items there in Pakistan

- Arrange arrival to OZ

I am glad my CO trusted my justifications and given my enough time. Thanks to her :)

Cheers

Congrats. It looks like you got initial entry date till PCC expiration.

Cheers

Wonderful Congrats

Cheers

Congrats Bro

Congrats. It looks like you got initial entry date till PCC expiration.

Yes it seems to but the initial entry date is the 1 year time span from MEDICAL/PCC whichever is finalized earlier. My medical was done in Feb so theoretically my initial entry date would be Feb 2014 but this is also true that i requested for an extension upon PCC submission.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don`t think this is the case if the parents aren`t citizens.. DJMalik, If you validate your visa in November, you and your wife still have your permanent residency BUT you will have to contact your CO with the info about baby so he/she can be added to your application. Your wife could do X ray with a shield but even though the radiation dose is small, it`s still there. X ray is done on pregnant women for very serious conditions only - like serious pneumonia, suspicion of tumor etc. Since you aren`t planning to move within the next 2 years, I think the best option for you would be to wait until your wife has the baby .

Hi Cognos,

Your suggestion was spot on. Called the OZ embassy and got an appointment today. They asked for a proof and I showed them original State Sponsorship letter and also mentioned that I am leaving Kuwait. She provided me with the letters required by Kuwait authority for finger prints processing and PCC. In addition, she informed me that PCC issued from Kuwait will be valid only for 3 months, however, if I do not come back to Kuwait, they will remain valid.

Thanks and stay in touch

Wish you a quick grant, hopefully this December :)

OZXS

Dear OZXS,

Good to know I have a friend in same boat. Yaar! I am facing same issue, I tried to check with my CO if I can get MED/PCC done but he insists on waiting since SC going on. In your case, I suggest based on different forums that you call Australian Embassy in Kuwait (Sharq) and take appointment. Once you see them let them know that its critical to get fingerprints done before your move. They should provide you with this letter. I will call you anyway this afternoon inshaAllah.

In the meantime, please go through this forum which is specific for Kuwaiti expats:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/124133-applying-australian-immigration-kuwait-part-1-a-9.html

Best regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don`t think this is the case if the parents aren`t citizens.. DJMalik, If you validate your visa in November, you and your wife still have your permanent residency BUT you will have to contact your CO with the info about baby so he/she can be added to your application. Your wife could do X ray with a shield but even though the radiation dose is small, it`s still there. X ray is done on pregnant women for very serious conditions only - like serious pneumonia, suspicion of tumor etc. Since you aren`t planning to move within the next 2 years, I think the best option for you would be to wait until your wife has the baby .

Please check this link

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/more-information.htm

Archived