gr8leo87

This month (august) is good in regards with PCC/Meds request just like last year ppl got CO assignments in the month of August. I hope these Silver/Golden emails will be coming with the same speed. Ppl who got assigned CO in May are getting calls now and I think that they want to get this 175/176 backlog cleared. What do you think my blog fellows?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This month (august) is good in regards with PCC/Meds request just like last year ppl got CO assignments in the month of August. I hope these Silver/Golden emails will be coming with the same speed. Ppl who got assigned CO in May are getting calls now and I think that they want to get this 175/176 backlog cleared. What do you think my blog fellows?

I wish its happening for all the 176 cases lodged before the implementation of skill select. I lodged in june 2012 lets see. Btw does it depend on the teams as well

I wish its happening for all the 176 cases lodged before the implementation of skill select. I lodged in june 2012 lets see. Btw does it depend on the teams as well

As per my observation it varies case to case you just can't put your finger on which case will get clear why and how :)

Friends,

I want some information from those who got their grants (either waiting to depart or already departed)

How you guys managed your funds/saving to take into Australia?

Cash is limited to AUD $10,000 per person (Undeclared - correct me if i am wrong).

What is the best way to transfer your funds?

Please assist

Cheers

Friends,

I want some information from those who got their grants (either waiting to depart or already departed)

Cash is limited to AUD $10,000 per person (Undeclared - correct me if i am wrong).

Please assist

Cheers

you can take cash along more than 10000 but you should declare it and no issue with this.

Friends,

Please assist

Cheers

You could open an Australian bank account from abroad ( we did with NAB before going for vacations). You can that use one of the reputable foreign exchange companies to convert and send your money - quite a bit cheaper that bank-to bank transfer. We used USFOREX which is a branch of OZFOREX. Depends which country are you sending from but when I looked they were available pretty much everywhere and converted all possible currencies.

It was quite simple - we registered with USFOREX, than sent funds to their account ( reference number is unique to your account) and they sent it to NAB. Transfer might take up to 5 business days abut it took 3 days for the 1st one we did and 2 days for the 2nd.

Hi All,

Should i fill ONLINE "Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" or form 80 was enough?

I completed that link last year when I lodged my application. Is it still appearing to you ? Didnt you completed it last year ? Has it begin to show up recently on your evisa ?

I completed that link last year when I lodged my application. Is it still appearing to you ? Didnt you completed it last year ? Has it begin to show up recently on your evisa ?

from the very first day, but i didn't fill it as someone told me that form 80 is enough , so i never tried to fill it

You could open an Australian bank account from abroad ( we did with NAB before going for vacations). You can that use one of the reputable foreign exchange companies to convert and send your money - quite a bit cheaper that bank-to bank transfer. We used USFOREX which is a branch of OZFOREX. Depends which country are you sending from but when I looked they were available pretty much everywhere and converted all possible currencies.

It was quite simple - we registered with USFOREX, than sent funds to their account ( reference number is unique to your account) and they sent it to NAB. Transfer might take up to 5 business days abut it took 3 days for the 1st one we did and 2 days for the 2nd.

Thanks for reply Maruska,

Good to know that you can open Australian bank account offshore.

But what about USFOREX? Did you register online?

You said that at first your transfer money to USFOREX account? How did you do that? Was it online too or you visited some office/local branch?

What about the fund transfer limit through USFOREX?

And yes, if USFOREX got better rates then local bank transfer then certainly it would be first choice.

from the very first day, but i didn't fill it as someone told me that form 80 is enough , so i never tried to fill it

Probably it wont be needed, otherwise CO might have asked it. Anyways last year when I filled and submitted it, a document named Security Referral Application Form was automatically uploaded along with my other attached documents.

I think otherwise.....:ssign8:

i suggest you to fill this, same link was appearing for me too and i didnt fill that for long time but at last i filled that some months back before getting medical call. BTW i am not sure if this was the actual reason behind getting medical call with this much delay in my case :) ...

in form80 you have already provided detailed info, just copy same to online form. btw online form requires less inputs as compared to form80. do it now my friend :)

You said that at first your transfer money to USFOREX account? How did you do that? Was it online too or you visited some office/local branch?

And yes, if USFOREX got better rates then local bank transfer then certainly it would be first choice.

Yes, everything is online. Just register with them, they`ll give you one call to confirm you are who you are lol and than you`ve access. If you accept the quote and order transfer, you are legally bound to transfer the money into their account within 48 hours . You can do that online, they`ll give you 2 options in 2 different banks where they have an account ( in US). On your OZFOREX account it shows as "funds received". Once they send it to your OZ account, it will show "processed". They will transfer a minimum of 1000 USD.

Forgot to add, your OZ bank account open offshore won`t be accessible to draw funds or transfer until you go to the bank in person and show them your passport. You`ll be able to view your balance though.

For bank account opening, visit this http://www.pomsinoz.com/index.php?page=migrant-banking

this bank allow migrants to open accounts remotely, but dont forget to check out account fee and of course money transfer charges.

For bank account opening, visit this http://www.pomsinoz.com/index.php?page=migrant-banking

this bank allow migrants to open accounts remotely, but dont forget to check out account fee and of course money transfer charges.

I was wondering that with the current status of AUD wouldn't it be better to open a USD account in Australia?

guys please share your opinion

I was wondering that with the current status of AUD wouldn't it be better to open a USD account in Australia?

guys please share your opinion

Its a good idea..AUD is acting like a volatile currency for almost half an year. It has only marginally stabilized against USD in last 1.5 mths and hovers around 1.1. I would say if its possible, go for it. my two cents.

Cool, so it takes around 18 months to get Medical call, though i submitted my PCC along with my application. How much it takes once your recieve you medical call? 3 months more?

Yes, It takes 16 to 18 months to Medical and PCC call. Then depends on the duration of medical finalization, which may be 1 to 3 months. If you frontload your medical around month 14 then one month more to visa after PCC call provided your medical finalizes in time. My Meds were finalized in 4 months, but now a days I think its taking less time.

Fellows,

This is my first post to this forum. I have been following the posts but I haven't posted myself. I have just got my PCC and Medicals calls so I think it's time to post my timeline here so that others who haven't got the call yet, should stay put, the call will come soon :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 2011 PASA (Business Analyst) | Mar 2011 Positive PASA | Applied on Jun 2011 (Online) - 175 | CO Allocated 18 Jan 2012 | 23 Aug 2013 - PCC and Medical Call | Medicals Scheduled for 5-Sep-2013

As this thread is dead today, let me share with you something...

Looks like my CO has looked into my case today because I can see all statuses in "Documents Checklist" are now marked as MET except PCC, which I have submitted on the 23rd this month.

Hopefully, not very far away from the grant Inshallah. :hug:

It seems CO assigned from Jan2012 - June2012 are getting calls in no particular order and are getting random calls. So anyone from this time duration is bound to get a call sooner or later. So lets hope for the best and pray for quick calls.

Archived