gr8leo87

I don't agree bro. Validation trip certainly has its benefits as your visa is validated for 5 years and you can come back later permanently on to settle down. Specially I think if you have kids on board, and plan to come alone first, get settled and then have your family joining you. I am not comfortable with having my family around in a new country and having no job.

Also, if you have validated your visa along with your family you have good 4 to 5 years to relocate. Otherwise, you have 9 to 12 months window only and in this short time you must relocate with your family otherwise the visas will be cancelled.

In my opinion, it is definitely better to come alone, get settled, have a feel of the country and then call your family.

Very well said...

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear think tank, To survive here you can survive in somewhere 3.5 to 4k with 2 kids stydying. 5 will be good for good living. Salary for HR professional will be around 5 to 6k even if you do other job like security officer you will easily get job for 3.5 to 4.5k after tax and can live well in this salary. Usually people come here and immediately enroll for security officer course which is called Certificate II in security operations. You have to pay around $650 for training of 2 weeks and than around 367$ for license application and you will get job on the first day after licensing. Dont worry, what ever you pay on your education you will get back 80% back in your tax return.
Priceless Information.... Please keep posting these type of information.

System outages and offline periods 28 June to 1 July 2013 The department's eLodgement systems will be offline for system upgrades from 28 June 2013 and may not be available again until 1 July 2013. Clients planning to apply online for any Australian visa, prior to the introduction of new visa pricing and policies on 1 July, are encouraged to lodge and pay for their application before 9 pm (AEST) on 28 June. Clients will not be able to lodge online visa applications while the systems are offline. If a client does not lodge their visa application prior to 1 July 2013, they will be subject to the new visa pricing arrangements.

eVISA Status page should change.. if they receive your meds the status should show 'Received'

and

:ssign12:

PCC Call Received today!

Great to see Silver email for Feb-2012. Next Silver emails for Mar-2012, soon InshaAllah.

Great to see Silver email for Feb-2012. Next Silver emails for Mar-2012, soon InshaAllah.

Bro.. We have almost identical timelines...The only difference is that you have FL your meds..I was also thinking about FL my meds but first I have to renew my passport which is expiring at the end of July..

I have a similar plan. This is pretty much Misbah style but I guess all family men become like this. :)

I don't agree bro. Validation trip certainly has its benefits as your visa is validated for 5 years and you can come back later permanently on to settle down. Specially I think if you have kids on board, and plan to come alone first, get settled and then have your family joining you. I am not comfortable with having my family around in a new country and having no job.

Also, if you have validated your visa along with your family you have good 4 to 5 years to relocate. Otherwise, you have 9 to 12 months window only and in this short time you must relocate with your family otherwise the visas will be cancelled.

In my opinion, it is definitely better to come alone, get settled, have a feel of the country and then call your family.

On my recent query about SC, the CO replied " I have made inquiries about your case and the checks are still in process, it can take time to complete". CO was assigned to me in June12. Does it mean they can enquire about the case but cant give "time to complete" ?

On my recent query about SC, the CO replied " I have made inquiries about your case and the checks are still in process, it can take time to complete". CO was assigned to me in June12. Does it mean they can enquire about the case but cant give "time to complete" ?

DIAC cannot provide any timeframe, because SC are conducted by ASIO independently.

Dear think tank,

To survive here you can survive in somewhere 3.5 to 4k with 2 kids stydying. 5 will be good for good living.

Salary for HR professional will be around 5 to 6k even if you do other job like security officer you will easily get job for 3.5 to 4.5k after tax and can live well in this salary.

Usually people come here and immediately enroll for security officer course which is called Certificate II in security operations. You have to pay around $650 for training of 2 weeks and than around 367$ for license application and you will get job on the first day after licensing.

Dont worry, what ever you pay on your education you will get back 80% back in your tax return.

Thanks for sharing wonderful info bro keep it coming.

Dear Anjum,

Let me inform you that If you are coming to WA and have family you will not be able to get a home on rent less that 400$ per week that means 1600$ per monthand water and electricity will cost around 300 in total and 100 for telephone and internet. Than you have to buy grocery, fuel , and so many other expenses.

But if you you are single you can save a lot of money as you can live in sharing for around 600$ and 400$ for food and transportation so its quite less.

Thanks. I have family with 2 kids and plan is to move with my family straight to Perth and see how it goes.

I think, one year or 10 months are enough to move. But if someone has job obligations then validation trip is the solution. If someone has to start a new life, then earlier is better.

Bro.. We have almost identical timelines...The only difference is that you have FL your meds..I was also thinking about FL my meds but first I have to renew my passport which is expiring at the end of July..

Nice to see that our timelines are same. What is status of Passport department in KHI, are they accepting renewal applications? Have you received additional information request from CO? information like your address in Australia after arrival, what did you do between school and university, who did you manage financial in university and several other questions in my case.

One of our fellow om195 did his medicals on 29th May 2013. Due to some issues on IOM's end, they were not able to forward the results to DIAC. Frustratingly, for almost next 10 days, om195 was continuously in contact with IOM personnel to get the update whether they forwarded the results or not. Finally IOM ensured that results have been forwarded...having all these follow ups, om195 did not notice any change in his online status page. Yesterday he enquired his CO about the acknowledgement of medicals and he was surprised to get the response from CO that he did not yet receive the medicals from IOM....In such case where IOM is doing such kind of behaviour, what can an applicant do ????????????

A March 2012 applicant named (nuked) has received his grant today. His timeline:

ACS: 17/05/11 Appl Confirmed: 08/06/11 (175) | CO: March/12 | Med: 03/06/13 | PCC: 15/06/13 | Meds Referred: 17/06/2013 | Grant: 25/06/2013

However, in our spreadsheet, his CO allocation date is different.

A March 2012 applicant named (nuked) has received his grant today. His timeline:

ACS: 17/05/11 Appl Confirmed: 08/06/11 (175) | CO: March/12 | Med: 03/06/13 | PCC: 15/06/13 | Meds Referred: 17/06/2013 | Grant: 25/06/2013

However, in our spreadsheet, his CO allocation date is different.

When my turn will come? :daydreaming:

Nice to see that our timelines are same. What is status of Passport department in KHI, are they accepting renewal applications? Have you received additional information request from CO? information like your address in Australia after arrival, what did you do between school and university, who did you manage financial in university and several other questions in my case.

The situation was worse thats why I didn't go for passport renewal but now things are becoming normal again. I haven't had a request for additional information from my CO..

I have sent an email of status enquiry today..

Edited by fabregas

One of our fellow om195 did his medicals on 29th May 2013. Due to some issues on IOM's end, they were not able to forward the results to DIAC. Frustratingly, for almost next 10 days, om195 was continuously in contact with IOM personnel to get the update whether they forwarded the results or not. Finally IOM ensured that results have been forwarded...having all these follow ups, om195 did not notice any change in his online status page. Yesterday he enquired his CO about the acknowledgement of medicals and he was surprised to get the response from CO that he did not yet receive the medicals from IOM....In such case where IOM is doing such kind of behaviour, what can an applicant do ????????????

I am experiencing similar scenario. Although the IOM staff has confirmed me twice that they have uploaded the medical results, still no change in online console about medical results. Upon my inquiry, CO has told me that she did not receive medical results and advised me to get in contact with medical panel (which I already have). Very confusing and frustrating indeed.

Has anyone recently gone to renew the passport, particularly in Karachi? please share the experience & tips and tell how long it takes and where it is best to go to get it renewed, at the main saddar office or awami markaz? Thanks in advance.