gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see .. So you think Aus government is also capable of pumping up its economy like USA if required? Or it already is doing the same!?

P.S. Pardon my ignorance, I am an engineer.

Aus is not at that point yet.. they're not going through recession here..

They could, yes.

Yes, it is the case of priorities. They have to adhere to the processing timelimits or to the extent possible they can to it.

Checks are definitely there - may be reduced or well directed - but can never be ruled out completely. This is guranted.

He is right.. no country allows anyone within their border permanently without background checks..

If you read the ANAO report, you would know that previously checks on refugees were as high as 3 years and they were reduced to 3 months to 12 months. This happened due to a new system called Triage system. Basically this works by colligating all intelligence resources within one database and running pass the credentials of an applicant through it. If there are hits, extensive checks are done..

So yes, 190 Pakistanis like everyone else applying to aus go through similar checks.. 175, 176SS, 189, 176FS among other permanent visa category applicants go through extensive checks..

IMO, SC starts once CO gets Form80 filled and completed. If after that CO does not ask for any clarification in Form80 and mentions in mail that our case is undergoing checks, we can safely assume our case has been referred to SC

Hi Immi & Rezasol,

I have a follow-up question. In my case and many others, after submission of form80 they take a nap and then after 3 months or so they ask for additional info followed by a “lambi khamoshi”. So you guys think SC started after 1st submission or the later one.

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Dear Seniors ,

I have a question , i have file my application with an agent . meanwhile the agent use to forward me with every inquiry and email that he receive from DIAC and CO . i also use to communicate with my CO with the case number , and the CO use to answers with out any hassle to me directly . now all of a sudden affter 2 months i asked the CO for the update on my case . but the CO reply was that

"We regret to advise that the email address you have used for this online enquiry is not recorded as authorised to receive communications relating to this General Skilled Migration application so by law we are unable to respond to this query specifically.

Please note that a migration agent/authorised contact has been authorised to act on behalf of the primary applicant. This department is required under section 494D of the Migration Act 1958 to communicate with the migration agent/authorised contact. Please direct any further communication with this office through them.

If you no longer want this person to act on your behalf then you need to advise the department in writing. Form 956 Appointment of a migration agent or exempt agent or other authorised recipient should be used for this purpose and is available from our website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf "

why there is sudden change in the CO behavior.

Dear Seniors ,

I have a question , i have file my application with an agent . meanwhile the agent use to forward me with every inquiry and email that he receive from DIAC and CO . i also use to communicate with my CO with the case number , and the CO use to answers with out any hassle to me directly . now all of a sudden affter 2 months i asked the CO for the update on my case . but the CO reply was that

"We regret to advise that the email address you have used for this online enquiry is not recorded as authorised to receive communications relating to this General Skilled Migration application so by law we are unable to respond to this query specifically.

Please note that a migration agent/authorised contact has been authorised to act on behalf of the primary applicant. This department is required under section 494D of the Migration Act 1958 to communicate with the migration agent/authorised contact. Please direct any further communication with this office through them.

If you no longer want this person to act on your behalf then you need to advise the department in writing. Form 956 Appointment of a migration agent or exempt agent or other authorised recipient should be used for this purpose and is available from our website at:

What is the problem in this?

If you want to inquire directly and exempt the agent fill form 956, if not, ask your agent to do the follow-up?

If you have authorized the agent on your behalf then actually the CO cannot answer your queries, cannot understand how he used to do it in the past.

Hi Immi & Rezasol,

I have a follow-up question. In my case and many others, after submission of form80 they take a nap and then after 3 months or so they ask for additional info followed by a “lambi khamoshi”. So you guys think SC started after 1st submission or the later one.

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Further information is usually asked by ASIO..

Dear Seniors ,

COs aren't allowed to communicate with any other email other than the one appearing in application form for communication.

So.. there's nothing wrong over here..

Yes, it is the case of priorities. They have to adhere to the processing timelimits or to the extent possible they can to it.

Checks are definitely there - may be reduced or well directed - but can never be ruled out completely. This is guranted.

Agreed with thinktank. Apart from the fact that no two cases are similar and hence can't be compared, there is also no doubt that the priorities do exist even at security check level. It is hard to comprehend that 190 are being granted visas without security checks (loophole of such kinds are prone to exploitation and even ASIO must have known this). Fact appears to be only that the SCs of 190 applicant are high priority. This is also indicated in IGIS boilerplate reply that every one gets, verbatim:

"We are able to check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant. Only the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) can do this".

Which indicates that ASIO is following as per DIAC processing policies. God knows for how much time the case files of 175/176 lies dormant with ASIO before actual SC starts. I think ASIO choose only so many files to process at a time, given their resources. But hopefully, everyone's turn will come.

Agreed with thinktank. Apart from the fact that no two cases are similar and hence can't be compared, there is also no doubt that the priorities do exist even at security check level. It is hard to comprehend that 190 are being granted visas without security checks (loophole of such kinds are prone to exploitation and even ASIO must have known this). Fact appears to be only that the SCs of 190 applicant are high priority. This is also indicated in IGIS boilerplate reply that every one gets, verbatim:

"We are able to check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant. Only the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) can do this".

Which indicates that ASIO is following as per DIAC processing policies. God knows for how much time the case files of 175/176 lies dormant with ASIO before actual SC starts. I think ASIO choose only so many files to process at a time, given their resources. But hopefully, everyone's turn will come.

But when I ask from CO or DIAC, they say SC has already started and they are continuously monitoring our sc. What makes you think our SC has not been started ?

And I definitely think that checks remain dormant with ASIO because now a days systems in Pakistan such as NADRA are pretty much streamlined as you all might now. Just by knowing your ID they can dig out all fhe details of your family in less than 5mints. So that takes care of that.

As far as checks on malicious connections are concerned, that cannot take so long also because all the govt agencies share database because of the security issues. Nothing is hidden.

I totally agree with missionoz. There is no logic except that SC's might not have even started for 175/6.

Also as far as I know, DIAC has no say in checks and ASIO. ASIO acts independently of DIAC.

That's as far a the actual procedures of the security assessment. DIAC can ask ASIO to prioritise certain cases over others, as priorities for visas are set by DIAC. ASIO gets independent when it comes to what happens within the SC.

LOL. I think we are over-thinking the security assessment process! Fact is, no one really knows for certain how it is carried out. Prioritization for some cases (based on visa cat) is certainly there, but how ASIO conducts SC of individual case is still to be known.

IMO, the delay is at our end due to involvement of our law enforcement and intelligence orgs; everyone knows the pace of work there. There is a reason why security assessment of other HR countries take relatively less time than our's.

LOL. I think we are over-thinking the security assessment process! Fact is, no one really knows for certain how it is carried out. Prioritization for some cases (based on visa cat) is certainly there, but how ASIO conducts SC of individual case is still to be known.

IMO, the delay is at our end due to involvement of our law enforcement and intelligence orgs; everyone knows the pace of work there. There is a reason why security assessment of other HR countries take relatively less time than our's.

maan liya..... :P:)

How about this.. food for thought.. :P

Between June 2011 and June 2013, I've uploaded over 4 professional certifications under evidence of 'overseas' education (not assessment). These include renowned certifications of my elected profession that were not available at the time of visa lodgement.. The last one I submitted was in second week of June 2013.

Don't know.. may be that could be a swaying factor!? :P

How about this.. food for thought.. :P

Between June 2011 and June 2013, I've uploaded over 4 professional certifications under evidence of 'overseas' education (not assessment). These include renowned certifications of my elected profession that were not available at the time of visa lodgement.. The last one I submitted was in second week of June 2013.

Don't know.. may be that could be a swaying factor!? :P

Hmm .. Not sure mate, but weren't 1 or 2 certifications enough as evidence? =) It might have saved you few months!

thanks for the valuable inputs again. These are always appreciated.

It means that for a family of 4 minimum you require 5k per month to survive, leave alone savings or mortgage. Am I correct in guessing this? How much do you anticipate your paycheque to be in your profession?

Dear think tank,

To survive here you can survive in somewhere 3.5 to 4k with 2 kids stydying. 5 will be good for good living.

Salary for HR professional will be around 5 to 6k even if you do other job like security officer you will easily get job for 3.5 to 4.5k after tax and can live well in this salary.

Usually people come here and immediately enroll for security officer course which is called Certificate II in security operations. You have to pay around $650 for training of 2 weeks and than around 367$ for license application and you will get job on the first day after licensing.

Dont worry, what ever you pay on your education you will get back 80% back in your tax return.

No use seriously if you are not staying there.

I don't agree bro. Validation trip certainly has its benefits as your visa is validated for 5 years and you can come back later permanently on to settle down. Specially I think if you have kids on board, and plan to come alone first, get settled and then have your family joining you. I am not comfortable with having my family around in a new country and having no job.

Also, if you have validated your visa along with your family you have good 4 to 5 years to relocate. Otherwise, you have 9 to 12 months window only and in this short time you must relocate with your family otherwise the visas will be cancelled.

In my opinion, it is definitely better to come alone, get settled, have a feel of the country and then call your family.

Dear think tank,

To survive here you can survive in somewhere 3.5 to 4k with 2 kids stydying. 5 will be good for good living.

Salary for HR professional will be around 5 to 6k even if you do other job like security officer you will easily get job for 3.5 to 4.5k after tax and can live well in this salary.

Usually people come here and immediately enroll for security officer course which is called Certificate II in security operations. You have to pay around $650 for training of 2 weeks and than around 367$ for license application and you will get job on the first day after licensing.

Dont worry, what ever you pay on your education you will get back 80% back in your tax return.

Appreciate your input again. Nothing like someone telling the ground realities.

I don't agree bro. Validation trip certainly has its benefits as your visa is validated for 5 years and you can come back later permanently on to settle down. Specially I think if you have kids on board, and plan to come alone first, get settled and then have your family joining you. I am not comfortable with having my family around in a new country and having no job.

Also, if you have validated your visa along with your family you have good 4 to 5 years to relocate. Otherwise, you have 9 to 12 months window only and in this short time you must relocate with your family otherwise the visas will be cancelled.

In my opinion, it is definitely better to come alone, get settled, have a feel of the country and then call your family.

totally agree with you bro