gr8leo87

Last week I sent an e-mail to IGIS, I wanted to know if they have received a referral from DIAC.

I got this reply which asked me to provide further details about my application, I sent them what they required but I haven’t got an answer till now.:mad:

I have noticed on the top of the e-mail that there is file reference backing to 2010 .Do you think this means that IGIS received a referral form DIAC since 2010????? I sent form 80 when I lodged my application on march 2010...Do external checks can begin before being allocated a CO???????

Your comments please!!!

Correspondence reference: 2011/***

File reference: 2010/***

Dear **********

Visa inquiry – *******

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments.

To inquire about the case I require the following additional information about the visa applicant and any secondary applicant:

• Full name

• Date of birth

• Place of birth

• Date of visa application

• File reference number

This office can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue.

We will not provide any other feedback but will contact you if we require any further information about the case.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 F+61 2 6271 5696 Inspector General of Intelligence and Security

LOL yeah they don't reply after asking for more information.

Happened to me as well. I sent an email asking about the status and the reply that came asked for futher information then after that no news.

Then I sent an email again including EVERY information possible. Again no reply.

Then once again I sent an inquiry through the website. And once again no reply.

So I guess they don't reply anymore.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL yeah they don't reply after asking for more information.

Happened to me as well. I sent an email asking about the status and the reply that came asked for futher information then after that no news.

Then I sent an email again including EVERY information possible. Again no reply.

Then once again I sent an inquiry through the website. And once again no reply.

So I guess they don't reply anymore.

Thanks!!!:cute: What about the file reference ????:goofy:

Hahaha file reference is same for everybody I have asked around :P 2010/76 or something haha. what about you?

Oh my god it's the same file reference 2010/76 :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

It's seems that there are some kids among the IGIS staff who are playing with us:twitcy::twitcy:

Oh my god it's the same file reference 2010/76 :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

It's seems that there are some kids among the IGIS staff who are playing with us:twitcy::twitcy:

LOL. Initially I too was apprehensive about sharing the file number but then I realise it was same for everyone who inquired :P

Guest koko1
We Iranian feel jealous. We started the green movement in 2009 but you won the revolution! :eek::cute:

Hi All,

Please, does anybody there know how long it may take for checks for Nigeria. Is Nigeria considered a very high risk country?

Guest nest1234
You should prepare yourself for a job verification call from the australian embassy in your country (I guess Egypt)...I have had the same and my work exp is still requested

hi

for job verification they will call me or they will contact my company directly.:confused:

Guest nest1234
they did to me and my employer both at the same time.

my interview was in English and my employer's in the local language.

hi

what did they ask your employer and you ,is it jut verification that you are working with same employer ??? because i don t want let my employer know that i applied for aus visa.

:confused::confused:

hi

what did they ask your employer and you ,is it jut verification that you are working with same employer ??? because i don t want let my employer know that i applied for aus visa.

:confused::confused:

There were a series of questions they asked me:

1. My name

2. Where do i work

3. Whats my designation

4. What are my job duties

5. What kinda company is it

6. whats the turnover of the company

7. what do we export what do we import

8. when did i take IELTS

9. what was my score

10. what was my test centre of IELTS

11. how much have i studied

12. what are my professional qualifications

13. have i work anywhere previously

14. address of my current work place

15. phone number of my current work place

16. when did i apply for the 175

and so many other things that i can't remember its been quite a bit a time since then. but they asked about literally EVERYTHING. So if it wasn't me i could never answer those questions.. the questions were all easy.. and i was cool all the time no nervousness. it seemed it went fine.

1. My name

2. Where do i work

3. Whats my designation

8. when did i take IELTS

9. what was my score

and so many other things that i can't remember its been quite a bit a time since then. but they asked about literally EVERYTHING. So if it wasn't me i could never answer those questions.. the questions were all easy.. and i was cool all the time no nervousness. it seemed it went fine.

Are u from Pakistan ? Did they ask regarding your place of residence ?

Regards

Guest nest1234

1. My name

2. Where do i work

3. Whats my designation

8. when did i take IELTS

9. what was my score

thanks for sharing

one more question ....any idea what they will ask to employer.......

1. My name

2. Where do i work

3. Whats my designation

8. when did i take IELTS

9. what was my score

Hi

What was the status of your specific work experience before and after the call verification?

reza,

Do you have any friends from your country who have their CO's allocated between February 2010 and March 2010 ? If so, What are their latest status ?

reza,

Do you have any friends from your country who have their CO's allocated between February 2010 and March 2010 ? If so, What are their latest status ?

Yes, I have seen some applicants who applied before and got CO after Feb2011.

Their status is similar to me, waiting for CO to request for PCC and medicals.

None of them yet been asked for PCC and Medicals

Seems our security checks is gonna take long time

Regards

I am in Kuwait and my job exp was MET once I got a CO. Do they usually conduct job verification for Kuwait ? My colleague was working in the same company and never had any job verification

Regards

i think it depends upon the quantity and quality of work experience evidences, reputation of the company etc.

Hi

What was the status of your specific work experience before and after the call verification?

My specific work experience is still shown as required. But my work experience has changed to Met. They never verified my specific work experience claim.

Besides, I think they were only interested in my one year work experience because even that would get me 130 points, without even taking specific w.e into consideration, because of 15 MODL points which are no more awarded.

My specific work experience is still shown as required. But my work experience has changed to Met. They never verified my specific work experience claim.

Besides, I think they were only interested in my one year work experience because even that would get me 130 points, without even taking specific w.e into consideration, because of 15 MODL points which are no more awarded.

True, Once your work exp is verified and since you have scored required points without point of specific work exp there is no reason to check your specific work exp. It would be waste of time and energy for them.

I think they will not check my job. What surprises me is that my CO says required internal checks been initiated. If they are not intending to check my work exp then what sort of checks are they going to conduct for my application ?:eek::eek:

Regards

Regards

True, Once your work exp is verified and since you have scored required points without point of specific work exp there is no reason to check your specific work exp. It would be waste of time and energy for them.

I think they will not check my job. What surprises me is that my CO says required internal checks been initiated. If they are not intending to check my work exp then what sort of checks are they going to conduct for my application ?:eek::eek:

Regards

Regards

other checks like verifying your IELTS report, checking the integrity of your education, marriage documents.

They have proper documents analyst who are really expert at what they do. They analyze documents for their integrity. So that's what internal checks really are.

other checks like verifying your IELTS report, checking the integrity of your education, marriage documents.

They have proper documents analyst who are really expert at what they do. They analyze documents for their integrity. So that's what internal checks really are.

How long does this check take usually ? if there is any problem with documents or they have doubt about integrity of documents then what will happen ?

Regards

How long does this check take usually ? if there is any problem with documents or they have doubt about integrity of documents then what will happen ?

Regards

It could take a while depending on the dynamics on your documents. If they want further reaffirmation like for Pakistani applicants they want attested documents from Higher Education commission if they think they are not satisfied with what have been provided to them already. If your documents are straight forward (meaning they have lesser amount of risk) then it won't take as much for other higher risk documents for example you have a degree from a highly recognized foreign university, or professional qualifications whose documents are not easy to forge then it would take lesser time.

And they NEVER refuse application right away. They give you time to explain and submit more documents.

But if something is totally against the laws for example IELTS is not submitted at the time application or within 28 days of application.. then it invites a right away rejection.

Thanks for the explanation:notworthy:Has your work experience changed to met before or after the call verification?