gr8leo87

I never called DIAC since i lodged my application (Feb 19, 2012).

I have also never been asked a single question by DIAC since i lodged my application.

I only contacted my CO once (by email) and that was months before. My CO said that my application is undergoing routine checks.

Shouldn't i call DIAC in 1st week of March to at least get an idea of what is happening?

What about contacting IGIS to know if there is any delay concerning my SC?

Yar you should give them a call or a mail atleast..nothing to be afraid of...just ask them about your case status and I recommend you to go for your medicals too..otherwise ur medicals will be the bottleneck for you in ur grant... best of luck

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yar you should give them a call or a mail atleast..nothing to be afraid of...just ask them about your case status and I recommend you to go for your medicals too..otherwise ur medicals will be the bottleneck for you in ur grant... best of luck

Yes i was also thinking to give them a call at least.

I am also ready to go for PCC/MEDICALS but if i would do it earlier (now) then it will affect my entry date in Australia.

PCC from Pakistan is valid of 6 months only and i guess the entry date in Australia would be before the expiration date of PCC/MEDICAL (whichever is earliest)

I need some time regarding entry date of mine and my family because i am planning to go alone, settle myself and then call my family later (settlement may take few months)

What do you suggest me now?

Did you mean that now i should go for MEDICAL? As medical finalization is taking much time?

By the way, how long is the MEDICAL valid for?

If going for MEDICAL now (PCC LATER) can save me some time. Then i think it is a good idea. Please suggest me what to do?

Edited by rehanonline83

Yes i was also thinking to give them a call at least.

I am also ready to go for PCC/MEDICALS but if i would do it earlier (now) then it will affect my entry date in Australia.

PCC from Pakistan is valid of 6 months only and i guess the entry date in Australia would be before the expiration date of PCC/MEDICAL (whichever is earliest)

I need some time regarding entry date of mine and my family because i am planning to go alone, settle myself and then call my family later (settlement may take few months)

What do you suggest me now?

It's up to you..

Currently, if you're medicals are referred, it can take up to 3 months for finalization and the entry date will be from the date of your exams.

Secondly, PCC, although it is valid for only 6 months in Pakistan, is valid for 1 year for DIAC's purposes.

Again, its up to you.

I am frontloading my Meds [got meds scheduled for tomorrow]

It's up to you..

Currently, if you're medicals are referred, it can take up to 3 months for finalization and the entry date will be from the date of your exams.

Secondly, PCC, although it is valid for only 6 months in Pakistan, is valid for 1 year for DIAC's purposes.

Again, its up to you.

I am frontloading my Meds [got meds scheduled for tomorrow]

If the MEDICAL only can cause delay if referred? Then in this case front loading medical is good option. PCC can be submitted upon request since it is not taking much time to finale (Am i right?)

Can you please explain how did you book medical without intimation/email reference from DIAC?

Do i have to take appointment with the Dr. first then fill out form F160 and F26 and take it along with me?

I have also read somewhere that DIAC suppose to issue on reference number for carrying MEDICAL and i only have to take this reference number to HOSPITAL along with my passport. (Everything is done online these days).

Please explain how to proceed?

Edited by rehanonline83

already replied to your PM.

Furthermore, with specific reference to IGIS, Nos is right. You should lodge a complaint after complete 1 year of your CO allocation and not the date of visa lodgement. Few people had already done that and they were told that their external checks are in progress and they should lodge a complaint after further few months.

For example; a person sharing my timeline was told to wait till June 2013 for any outcome.

If the MEDICAL only can cause delay if referred? Then in this case front loading medical is good option. PCC can be submitted upon request since it is not taking much time to finale (Am i right?)

Can you please explain how did you book medical without intimation/email reference from DIAC?

Do i have to take appointment with the Dr. first then fill out form F160 and F26 and take it along with me?

I have also read somewhere that DIAC suppose to issue on reference number for carrying MEDICAL and i only have to take this reference number to HOSPITAL along with my passport. (Everything is done online these days).

Just give a call to IOM centers...they will not ask whether CO has asked for Medicals or not. ...I had done medicals of my family 04 months ago and they are finalised now...just go for it...it will help in fast grant inshaAllah. fill out the forms they ask...otherwise they will fill up the forms for you...not a big deal...

Medicals are valid for 01 year and CO can extend them upto 4 to 6 months further... so don worry mate...

Hello All

I had work experience shown MET since May2012 (just 1month after I applied). Does this means that they will not conduct any employment verification?

If they will conduct any employment verification, then how will I know ?

Although I have provided everything like experience letters, salary letters etc, what if they contact my supervisor or they contact HR and they fumble the interview and DIAC is not satisfied. (no fault of mine in that case right ?)

Also Iam working out of Pakistan, so I have told my current company that I have applied for immigration, but I have not told anything about immigration to the company in which I was working in Pakistan (as obviously Iam not in touch with them), but I did left them in good terms and all that. So will they also verify with them.

Iam just concerned that we have no role in job verification check, but can we do anything at our end to ensure that it goes smoothly?

Hello All

I had work experience shown MET since May2012 (just 1month after I applied). Does this means that they will not conduct any employment verification?

Although I have provided everything like experience letters, salary letters etc, what if they contact my supervisor or they contact HR and they fumble the interview and DIAC is not satisfied. (no fault of mine in that case right ?)

Also Iam working out of Pakistan, so I have told my current company that I have applied for immigration, but I have not told anything about immigration to the company in which I was working in Pakistan (as obviously Iam not in touch with them), but I did left them in good terms and all that. So will they also verify with them.

Iam just concerned that we have no role in job verification check, but can we do anything at our end to ensure that it goes smoothly?

Hi imi,

we cannot do anything to speedup the process and no one is sure either they contact employer after updating status on portal or not.

if you left ur ex company in good terms then you dont need to worry about anything.

happy waiting :)

Just give a call to IOM centers...they will not ask whether CO has asked for Medicals or not. ...I had done medicals of my family 04 months ago and they are finalised now...just go for it...it will help in fast grant inshaAllah. fill out the forms they ask...otherwise they will fill up the forms for you...not a big deal...

Lahore IOM was not allowing FL during month of January 2013 and I am not sure if situation has changed.

Hello All

u seem worried...there is nothing to be worried if you provided them with the right contact address of the persons who signed your work experience certificate. In extreme situation if your CO is not satisfied he will ask for bank statement...which should be a lot more easier to verify.

I have been MIA here since shortly after grant, because of a serious accidental injury and subsequent surgery on my right hand.

I just had a good look back...there seems to have been a fair few grants of late...my sincere congrats to all those whose wait is over

Sorry to hear that dude. Wish you a swift recovery. How are you feeling now?

Dear freiends,

This is to update u all that I have done with the medicals for me and my family on 19/02/2013 and everything seems fine as per the doctor.

Also submitted the PCC on 20/02/2013 for me and my wife from two countries (PAK & UAE).

Now just waiting for my duaghter's passport to be issues (20th March date has been given by Pakistan Embassy as there is shortage of passport books :(

Plz pray for us that the medicals dont get reffered.

WA SS & EOI applied 01/12/12, WA SS approved on 08/01/2013, Singed & sent WASS agreement on 09/01/2013, Invitation to apply on 15/01/2013, Applied visa for 190 on 17/01/2013 and all requirement met, CO assigned on 05/02/2013 Meds & PCC requested by CO directly: meds done on 19/02/13. PCC submitted 20/02/2013. Just waiting for daughther's passport

u seem worried...there is nothing to be worried if you provided them with the right contact address of the persons who signed your work experience certificate. In extreme situation if your CO is not satisfied he will ask for bank statement...which should be a lot more easier to verify.

Asking for bank statement is considered as extreme condition? I didn't know that. My CO asked for bank statement, work permit (as I am working abroad), contract papers, etc, and I provided.

Iam not worried much about the documents as they are all complete and authentic. I am worried about CO not satisfied by talking with my supervisor or HR manager :)

Hello All

Lets see .. I've read on one of the forums that they usually contact current employer if you've been working there for more than 3 years. Again.. not confirmed.

In my case, I've provided them with;

- Appointment Letter, Confirmation Letter, Promotion Letter

- Salary Slips

- Bank Statements (referencing the salary slips)

- Tax Certificates

etc. etc.

In other news, went to IOM Karachi office for medicals today. They did both my physical and other tests on the same date. I'd learnt the eye testing chart btw.. I don't know why I do that everytime lol..

The madam that took my blood test was, let's just say, not skilled. Veins in my right hand were swollen as hell at the time of the test because she couldn't find the vein.. It's still hurting!! sigh.. Anyway.. I went at 8:30 and was done by 9:45ish it took 15 more minutes because I'd forgotten the money and they don't accept credit/debit cards.. so had to run out to the nearest HBL ATM for cash.

Hello,

When you say that Late Oct/early Nov meds are being finalized, Do you include Paper Based medicals also?

Mine was sent 29th Oct, and Still I am waiting for grant.

Regards

Yes, paper based medical are included as well. Now mid-end of Nov meds are being finalized. Do you have any medical history?