gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another revolution country: Tunisia!!!How long would take the external checks?

gr8leo87!We should pay you:wink:

We Iranian feel jealous. We started the green movement in 2009 but you won the revolution! :eek::cute:

Another revolution country: Tunisia!!!How long would take the external checks?

gr8leo87!We should pay you:wink:

Haha. Well I don't think revolution is a security threat, anymore than usual. So a revolution struck country's applicants don't have to assume the checks should take any longer than what they usually take.

Guest hamada

hiii please i need advise i have case officer on 2-3-2011 and he asked medical and pcc and work evidence.i sent my medical to hoc on 28-02-2001 but untill now there is not update on my application status neither refeered nor finalised .and im uploaded my pcc and work experience 2 weeks ago.and there is no update in my application too.so any one think is it normal or there is somthing wrong?.thank you

Guest guest41018
I think Ombudsmen or Minister would be the person to contact. I have read your case on forum, I thought you were in contact with Gill and she was drafting an email for you guys?

Gill = Gollywobbler.. i can't see her on forums anymore though.

What happened to that?

We ascertained from the case officer, who we are told was very sympathetic to our situation, that it is still under security assessment and has been since January 2010. Whilst COs can contact ASIO and request updates or ask for speedier resolution in certain cases, the can't force ASIO into completing their work by a specific date. It's clear DIAC are doing their job so we have no complaints there so we will wait a bit.

It would appear that the 9-12 months for security assessments has been increased to 15 months from what I have seen of recent visa approvals from Pakistan. If it goes past 15 months, it's game on as far as the Ombudsman/Minister is concerned.

I did contact Gill and she agreed that we should wait for another month or two and then decide how to proceed further. Apparently, we are (sadly) forbidden from talking about Gill on this forum now as she is no longer moderating.

Guest guest41018
If you lived in Kuwait more than 1 year for last 10 years, your assessment will be done for both 2 countries which may extends checking time.

I'm not sure that is correct. My wife hasn't been resident in Pakistan for the last 30 years and we are close to 14 months for the security checks. The UK authorities would never take anywhere near that long so it's clear that the Pakistani authorities, who probably don't even know who the hell she is, are somehow involved. Whilst one would naturally (and logically) assume that information from a country you haven't been resident in for 10 years or more would be worthless, it would appear that it is still asked for regardless of whether you have lived there for any significant time in the last 10 years, on account of theoretical citizenship at birth, which is quite absurd. One would imagine that they would run security checks if there is more than one country involved concurrently rather than one after the other given that they are going to have to request information from both anyway.

Guest guest41018
Revolution doesn't exactly have a lot to do with security concerns. Security checks are done on an individual to make sure that he is not involved in crimes that could potentially affect Australia adversely like crimes relating to and not limited to terrorism. Other security concerns may include affiliation with political parties, fundamental/extremist religious parties, affiliation with a group of rebels or similar threats.

On the contrary, it may. The Form 80 asks about violence, including protest, and revolution would fit into that category.

Guest JSHAN

HR Update: My friend from India applied in Dec 2010 and submitted medicals in Jan 2011. The CO took only 3 days to grant visa... Her input to me was make it a thorough application and the CO has to grant the letter. She was 176 VIC sponsored.

The only 2 things the CO waited is for 1176 from VIC SS and medicals upload. PCC was frontloaded.

No job reference check etc was done.

hiii please i need advise i have case officer on 2-3-2011 and he asked medical and pcc and work evidence.i sent my medical to hoc on 28-02-2001 but untill now there is not update on my application status neither refeered nor finalised .and im uploaded my pcc and work experience 2 weeks ago.and there is no update in my application too.so any one think is it normal or there is somthing wrong?.thank you

What do you mean YOU sent the medicals? Didn't the panel doctor forwarded these their selves?

Besides, its just been two weeks, so no problem there, you don't need to worry, your case will be done with when the CO comes around it.

But what I am concerned about is why aren't your medicals reflected on your application status? May be you can send an email to your CO and ask if they received medicals IF you sent it your self?

On the contrary, it may. The Form 80 asks about violence, including protest, and revolution would fit into that category.

Yeah probably, but you see half of the students in UK were protesting about the increase in local fees. So not really a 'threat' I would suppose. But they might choose to verify that too for HR applicants LOL!!!

Come on we are humans too!!

We ascertained from the case officer, who we are told was very sympathetic to our situation, that it is still under security assessment and has been since January 2010. Whilst COs can contact ASIO and request updates or ask for speedier resolution in certain cases, the can't force ASIO into completing their work by a specific date. It's clear DIAC are doing their job so we have no complaints there so we will wait a bit.

It would appear that the 9-12 months for security assessments has been increased to 15 months from what I have seen of recent visa approvals from Pakistan. If it goes past 15 months, it's game on as far as the Ombudsman/Minister is concerned.

I did contact Gill and she agreed that we should wait for another month or two and then decide how to proceed further. Apparently, we are (sadly) forbidden from talking about Gill on this forum now as she is no longer moderating.

So 15 months AFTER the referral? How do we know WHEN DIAC referred it? Next month my application would be 15 months old.

BTW, what happened to the whole Gill thing? Why can't we talk about her anymore? May be a brief round up in my inbox would help me catch up :)

And in May it would be 15 months for you right? What do you plan on doing then? Contacting ombudsmen?

Guest guest41018
Yeah probably, but you see half of the students in UK were protesting about the increase in local fees. So not really a 'threat' I would suppose. But they might choose to verify that too for HR applicants LOL!!!

Come on we are humans too!!

You'd be amazed just how closely the police were going through CCTV footage. I'd bet the organisers are on some database somewhere, in addition to many others.

Guest guest41018
So 15 months AFTER the referral? How do we know WHEN DIAC referred it? Next month my application would be 15 months old.

BTW, what happened to the whole Gill thing? Why can't we talk about her anymore? May be a brief round up in my inbox would help me catch up :)

And in May it would be 15 months for you right? What do you plan on doing then? Contacting ombudsmen?

We found out because we pushed our MA to find out from the CO as to when it was referred. It's usually not long after CO allocation, Form 80 submission or medicals if they asked for them early. We applied in mid-2009 CSL, got CO in November 2009 and were referred in January 2010 (we did medicals/PCC at CO request then too). As far as I understand it, it's 15 months after referral, not 15 months after application.

Gill basic agreed that we should wait. I don't know quite what the score is but there was some contention regarding why she is no longer moderating and when I set up a thread asking for her contact details it got removed. And yes, May would be 15 months after referral. If there's nothing by then we may have to go via the Ombudsman/Minister route, we haven't decided yet.

You should prepare yourself for a job verification call from the australian embassy in your country (I guess Egypt)...I have had the same and my work exp is still requested

Guest jigarercivil

what can be happen with my case...??? work exp shows met while specific work exp shows required and CO already requested for med/pcc ....

You should prepare yourself for a job verification call from the australian embassy in your country (I guess Egypt)...I have had the same and my work exp is still requested

Guest bilaln30

Could anyone tell me that How someone knows that internal checks are over and external checks are in progress? What is the difference between internal & external checks?

what can be happen with my case...??? work exp shows met while specific work exp shows required and CO already requested for med/pcc ....

Based on that you uploaded the required documents for "evidence of work experience" but the status is still showing requested...This could mean that the CO has sent these documents for further checking, then a job verification call or a physical interview might be possible.All my documents are showing "MET" including form 80 except the evidence of specific work exp and the evidence of overseas qualification whitch are still requested...The australian embassy has called me and my employer to have more information about my employement and I know that they are now undertaking a check about my qualification...I'm waiting this killing internal check to end and see what the next days will bring for me...

Hope this helps :wink:

Could anyone tell me that How someone knows that internal checks are over and external checks are in progress? What is the difference between internal & external checks?

Internal checks are made by DIAC via case officer. It includes, employer verification, birth certificate, transcript etc. This is all forms that you have submitted but form80.

Form 80 is checked by ASIO, that is external checks which takes terribly long.

Guest Colorana

Hi Houciaus, Please let me know who they contacted in your company. Was it your direct boss or the HR Department?. Thanks

Hi Houciaus, Please let me know who they contacted in your company. Was it your direct boss or the HR Department?. Thanks

They contacted my direct boss and asked him some questions about the company,staff,work time...and asked me the same questions...Our answers were identic :biggrin:

Last week I sent an e-mail to IGIS, I wanted to know if they have received a referral from DIAC.

I got this reply which asked me to provide further details about my application, I sent them what they required but I haven’t got an answer till now.:mad:

I have noticed on the top of the e-mail that there is file reference backing to 2010 .Do you think this means that IGIS received a referral form DIAC since 2010????? I sent form 80 when I lodged my application on march 2010...Do external checks can begin before being allocated a CO???????

Your comments please!!!

Correspondence reference: 2011/***

File reference: 2010/***

Dear **********

Visa inquiry – *******

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments.

To inquire about the case I require the following additional information about the visa applicant and any secondary applicant:

• Full name

• Date of birth

• Place of birth

• Date of visa application

• File reference number

This office can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue.

We will not provide any other feedback but will contact you if we require any further information about the case.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 F+61 2 6271 5696 Inspector General of Intelligence and Security

Last week I sent an e-mail to IGIS, I wanted to know if they have received a referral from DIAC.

I got this reply which asked me to provide further details about my application, I sent them what they required but I haven’t got an answer till now.:mad:

I have noticed on the top of the e-mail that there is file reference backing to 2010 .Do you think this means that IGIS received a referral form DIAC since 2010????? I sent form 80 when I lodged my application on march 2010...Do external checks can begin before being allocated a CO???????

CO is the person sent your form80 to ASIO and send an e-mail informing that it is OK to commence the security checks. So, security checks cannot been started before case officer. You should ask to your case officer when he sent for80 to ASIO.

In my case my CO told me her self that all internal checks were completed on my application and my application was under external checks.

Archived