gr8leo87

Hi guys,

I am from INDIA and Cat-3 applicant. Got CO on 20th OCT she requested FORM 80 and other employment documents, which i have submitted within 10 days. Than after no any movement with my visa application. It is five month of CO allocation and i am still waiting for medical and pcc request. also i am waiting for my job verification call.

all my documents show "received" on online status. no any change in online status since 2008 . My CO from team-2.

It should be noted by Indian applicants that Australian High Commission in India do visit physically to verify employment and take some interviews.

So may be you should keep in mind this too and have your things ready, if any need to be ready.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there any applicants from Turkey ? Also security assessment from Turkey was taking up to 6-8 months, however it seems it has expanded to 11-12 months.

The security checks duration has expanded by about 20% because ASIO has some lack of staff and alot of their staff is occupied in dealing with the boat immigrants.

Did ASIO stated that it is expanded 20% ?

So you think the backlog for boat immigrants is affecting the checks of general skilled migrants also. :confused:

any idea what was the previous times frame for HR especially for Pakistani applicants.

For Pakistani applicants it was taking 10 months. Now it is taking 12 months. These numbers are average numbers, it is different for each applicant.

So you think the backlog for boat immigrants is affecting the checks of general skilled migrants also. :confused:

yes that's right. and usually other security referrals (like those of boat immigrants, spouse visa, and other visas) take precedence over the security referrals of those who wanna make Australia a home.

So GSM applicant's security referrals has lower priority processing than others. Hence it takes longer.

Guest nest1234
yes that's right. and usually other security referrals (like those of boat immigrants, spouse visa, and other visas) take precedence over the security referrals of those who wanna make Australia a home.

So GSM applicant's security referrals has lower priority processing than others. Hence it takes longer.

I am from India but i am living in U.A.E for the past 12 years,i applied 176(cat 2 SA) on DEC 20,and got CO on feb 15 ,Med finalized (total 5 members) on 15 MARCH.

all documents still showing needed.

How long it will take SECURITY CHECKS for HR applicants from India anybody have any idea.

I am from India but i am living in U.A.E for the past 12 years,i applied 176(cat 2 SA) on DEC 20,and got CO on feb 15 ,Med finalized (total 5 members) on 15 MARCH.

all documents still showing needed.

How long it will take SECURITY CHECKS for HR applicants from India anybody have any idea.

There are two things with you that plays positively for you.

1. You are from India, so no BLANKET security referrals, meaning not ALL applicants will be referred for security checks. It will be on materiality of risk basis. Unlike other HR countries where EVERY applicant will be subject to security checks. This is my understanding.

2. Secondly, you have been living in UAE for quite sometime now. Which means you have lesser ties to a relatively higher risk countries than a person living in higher risk country would.

Moreover, you have been requuested medicals and PCC too so you should be expecting grant soon I think.

1. You are from India, so no BLANKET security referrals, meaning not ALL applicants will be referred for security checks. It will be on materiality of risk basis. Unlike other HR countries where EVERY applicant will be subject to security checks. This is my understanding.

2. Secondly, you have been living in UAE for quite sometime now. Which means you have lesser ties to a relatively higher risk countries than a person living in higher risk country would.

Moreover, you have been requuested medicals and PCC too so you should be expecting grant soon I think.

I am Iranian and am living in Kuwait. Do you think my Kuwait residency will slow down security checks or will it make it faster ?

Regards

Guest nest1234

Dear gr8leo87

Thanks for your quick reply . feeling happy after reading your reply.:smile::smile:

all the best for your application,you too will get soon.

I am Iranian and am living in Kuwait. Do you think my Kuwait residency will slow down security checks or will it make it faster ?

Regards

If you lived in Kuwait more than 1 year for last 10 years, your assessment will be done for both 2 countries which may extends checking time.

what about egypt ? any ideas

Egypt is like India. They are not waiting so much. It takes something like 4 months.

Regards

Its my opinion that checks from Iran might take a bit but checks in Kuwait might not be very lengthy, as I would suppose Iran would be a greater security concern than Kuwait. Again I might be wrong. But it's just what my opinion is.

as you may know we have revolution in egypt how this will affect ?

Revolution doesn't exactly have a lot to do with security concerns. Security checks are done on an individual to make sure that he is not involved in crimes that could potentially affect Australia adversely like crimes relating to and not limited to terrorism. Other security concerns may include affiliation with political parties, fundamental/extremist religious parties, affiliation with a group of rebels or similar threats.

Archived