SMPs and funds ?

Chardy

Looking to apply for State Sponsorship either for SA, WA or VIC.

Do any of these need evidence of funds as all ours is tied up in assets, no savings to speak of !

Not easy to find info on the websites without applying !

Thanks

Looking to apply for State Sponsorship either for SA, WA or VIC.

Do any of these need evidence of funds as all ours is tied up in assets, no savings to speak of !

Not easy to find info on the websites without applying !

Thanks

Amongst these state which you mentioned Vic is the easiest one as it does not ask for any evidence of financial support such as bank statement. Also SA does not ask for bank statement but you have to fill in a attested form showing your cash money.

Regards

Thanks for the reply but can you explain what "attested form showing your cash money" would entail ?

ّFor SA you need to fill in a form and get it attested by a solicitor or ministry of interiors in your country my friend did it through a solicitor and his application was approved without providing any other evidence

Regards

ّFor SA you need to fill in a form and get it attested by a solicitor or ministry of interiors in your country my friend did it through a solicitor and his application was approved without providing any other evidence

Regards

Hi Reza,

If you allow me to correct you, the rules have changed after the new SMP came out (beginning of 2011).

I, too considered applying in these three states, so I am pretty familiar with the recent requrements.

None of these states require any formal proof of funds any more. Even SA has introduced a 'form' for recent graduates who will be sponsored by their parents (or something to that effect). Nothing for skilled, experienced applicants.

Basically you just state your number, including cash in bank, assets, property etc. Can't remember which state required split per type (i.e. how much cash, how much assets), but no formal proof required at initial application stage.

VIC - used to be very easy to apply and to get. Not recently. SMP came out Nov. 2010 and the majority of applicants are still waiting for decision. Check the following thread for current timelines. You will see that there are applicants waiting for 3-4 months and still being rejected over dull reasons such as "though you fulfill the requirements there is no particularly high demand in your occupation".

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

WA - recently pretty quick and fair to the applicants. $ 200 fee. Haven't heard of any rejections since the new SMP (Dec. 2010). Except for one application with missing documents. Other than that - approvals within 1-1/2 months. However, they require long experience in the nominated occupation. In our case - 7 out of 10 years. Here is a link to the WA timeline.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/105611-wa-ss-2011-where-we-now.html

SA - known to be quick and fair to the applicants. However, hardly any approvals since SMP came out in Jan.2011. Experience requirements are not very bad - 3 years in our case. Link to timeline:

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/21769-sa-state-sponsored-timeline.html

I would suggest to go to each application form and try to fill it till the end (even with a fake name) just to make sure you cover all requirements. Also there are some tricky fields where you are supposed to explain your reasons for choosing this state and you have a limit of 200 words, which is only 3-4 sentences.

Good luck!

Guest VickyMel

As Gery says VIC are generally slow to come back to many currently (and in the past as well). But some occupations are getting sponsorship reasonably quickly - check out the link Gery gives.

For VIC we just needed to say how much we funding we expected to be bringing with us.

If I were in your shoes I would apply for ACT. ACT has the best immigration team and is the most disciplined state.

They are nice people and supportive to their applicants

WA takes long time. SA is not reliable and VIC is a gamble

But ACT is perfect

Regards

If I were in your shoes I would apply for ACT. ACT has the best immigration team and is the most disciplined state.

They are nice people and supportive to their applicants

WA takes long time. SA is not reliable and VIC is a gamble

But ACT is perfect

Regards

That sounds good except we don't fancy ACT very much ! Looks like WA is 2-3 months at the moment so will stick with that ! Cheers anyway Reza.

Guest sjmmdm

If it helps we have just sent our WA SS and regarding funds we to have most of it tied up and dependant on selling goods and property but as long as you show few months worth to keep you and yes you do sign to say you'll bring it but agent said she'd never heard them check as situations change, just not be overly optmistic !!!

Archived