Break lease question?

THORPES

Hi

I was hoping someone could help.

We rent from a private landlord and have signed a 12 month lease. However we are wanting to break the lease because I have started a new job and I am struggling in the morning getting my son to the breakfast club at school. I dont drive and its a 30 min walk to school and then 2 buses to work.

We are wanting to rent nearer to school.

If we break our lease would this have an effect on renting another property. Do the agents know we have broke our lease.

We would like our bond back but if we cant we would understand.

Thanks

Jill

xxx

If you have signed a lease then i would imagine its pretty similar to any lease break situation.

You are required to pay the rent ,(regardless of living there or not) until a new tenant is found or your lease expires.

You will also more than likely be asked for the equivalent of a weeks rent for Re-advertising fees.

Hope this helps

Cal x

p.s,, feel free to put a post on here if you do end up looking for someone to take over the lease. We allow ad's for leasebreak situations.

Guest tonyree

hi

i am not sure if it varies from state to state. i did that last year and all i had to pay was money for readvertising and two weeks rent. the rental agent even gave me a recommendation letter as i was moving interstate and got back my bond. This was in victoria. Talk to the estate agent involved.

Hi

I was hoping someone could help.

We rent from a private landlord and have signed a 12 month lease. However we are wanting to break the lease because I have started a new job and I am struggling in the morning getting my son to the breakfast club at school. I dont drive and its a 30 min walk to school and then 2 buses to work.

We are wanting to rent nearer to school.

If we break our lease would this have an effect on renting another property. Do the agents know we have broke our lease.

We would like our bond back but if we cant we would understand.

Thanks

Jill

xxx

Hey JILL SEND ME photo's number bedrooms , what waterfront it is on , eg MOOLOOLBA, RENTAL AGREEMENT LEASE LEFT, and my friend SARAH will put it on her website , ok

Talk to your landlord but you may be able to find someone else to take over your lease so there would be no loss to you or the landlord. Why not put the details on the forum there may be someone who is desperately looking for something in the area you are currently in.

Archived