Help and info needed please =)

Guest Craigoooo

Guest Craigoooo

:yellow_guy_smiling_

I am coming out to oz, initially on working visa's to see how i find life as a bricklayer in comparison to here in the uk.

I can earn very good money here in the summer. But its the long cold winter months and wet weather when i struggle to make ends meet.

ive created this forum to try and get an insight as to what to expect from bricklaying in oz.

I will be landing in brisbane mid may. But am not thinking of starting work as a brickie until september, possibly in perth as i have heard there is more work for bricklayers in WA.

I am after any help, info or tips in general to do with oz, places to live, places to avoid, best places/websites to look for work...just anything to help prepare myself for this move.

...if there are equivilant safety tests in oz to the cscs card in uk

....i have also heard u can buy other brickies tools as they have finished their travels b4 they're flying back home, which would save me buying a whole bucket of new tools. ...how much i should expect to earn as a bricklayer out there

thanks for taking the time to read this

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to PIO

I can't help with a lot of the questions but here is a link on our sister forum that has some job contacts for builders in Brisbane, it may also be worth chatting to the guy who posted the links as he was a brickie himself in Brisbane http://www.britsabroad.com/f3/friendly-brickwork-companies-brisbane-1693/

I know in Melbourne you can earn $1 per brick, but you will find that there are not many companies who actually employ you, it is more a case of you becoming self employed.