Sign in to follow this  
Bpremji

How Long???

Hi all,

I'm in the process of applying for a 175 visa, at the the very early stages, Ive got my IELTS test next Saturday, the paperwork for the ACS is getting sent next week.

Realistically, how long can I expect to wait before the whole process is complete and I can go to Oz?

I believe I will fall into category 3 when my papers go to DIAC

Thanks in advance....

IELTS 19/03/11 (Overall: 8.5) | ACS (Dev/Prog 2613-12) passed 18/06/11 | 175 Lodged 22/06/11 | Front Loaded PCC 26/09/11, Meds 19/11/11 | CO: 30/01/12 | Visa Grant: 31/01/12 | Fly Out to Perth 13/08/12 | Settling into Perth...

Sorry I can't help with the visa question but wanted to say good luck for Saturday.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest VickyMel

Good luck Saturday

Its as long as a piece of string - and the Priorities may change along the way? When we started a reasonable estimate was 3-6 months - it took almost 2 years in the end due to changes within DIACs processing - and the next set of changes are expected July so you may be able to make a better guess then?

Use the threads on here to monitor how others in a similar situation to you are progressing

this is the thread for Cat 3 currently - look at the front page it shows who has COs and Visas - looks like they are doing 2009 applicants at the moment.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html