Oil and gas jobs?

stevie ellis

We see on here about the mining but what about the oil and gas ? are there jobs there as well? I have often thought about a job in the oil and gas here in Aberdeen [ every winter in fact] so would like to try for job in the oil and gas in WA if it were possible. I realize as being a Slater i would have to start at the very bottom in the said industry but hey am willing and able to learn, just a thought. thanks stevie:notworthy:

If you have contacts in Aberdeen still you should contact them i have 2 brothers that work in the Oil and Gas industry and they have mentioned jobs in Australia to me before. Its who you know not what you know in the Oil and Gas industry. Also remember it dont have to be in Australia they will fly you to what ever destination you are need in.

If you have contacts in Aberdeen still you should contact them i have 2 brothers that work in the Oil and Gas industry and they have mentioned jobs in Australia to me before. Its who you know not what you know in the Oil and Gas industry. Also remember it dont have to be in Australia they will fly you to what ever destination you are need in.
So sneeze do you know anyone in oz that works in the oil and gas?

Not personlay but a guy I served with on the subs witch Is moving there soon as well he is a austrailian citizen but his dad is trying to get him a job offshore in Dubai he has contacts I can ask him for some numbers or email address and see why he gets back to me with I will also fire my brother a email and ask him if he has some contacts he works all over the world with ROV's. Right that's me away I will send some emails ands see what I get back.

Not personlay but a guy I served with on the subs witch Is moving there soon as well he is a austrailian citizen but his dad is trying to get him a job offshore in Dubai he has contacts I can ask him for some numbers or email address and see why he gets back to me with I will also fire my brother a email and ask him if he has some contacts he works all over the world with ROV's. Right that's me away I will send some emails ands see what I get back.
nice one sneeze cheers

• 2 weeks later...

that is a big problem with O&G jobs in the uk. its very much who you know, its also crap money unless you get offshore. i know a guy who is a car mechanic. got a job with Halliburton and spent so much time onshore in the yard, he couldnt afford to stay in that job and went back to his old garage.

once you are in tho, you're in! and yes, you can go all around the world doing this sort of think, all on expenses and good money, often tax free. i did work (on aircraft) with a guy who spent a month off shore and took £12k home. and he was nothing special! often ridiculously good money for the job you do and shifts of 2 weeks on 2 off or, 2 on 3 off.

why you think about it in the winter especially, i have no idea!! obviously you havent been offshore in the winter!!!