Which shipping company - Poll

Which shipping company did you use?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which shipping company did you use?

• Anglo Pacific
    • Crown Relo
    • White & Company
    • Doree Bonner
    • Pickfords
    • John Mason
    • PSS International Removals
    • Moving Australia
    • Overs International
    • Other - Please post in thread with name

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brisbane 20ft

Freight - £806.00

BAF/CANAL- £706.13

UK CHARGES - £171.00

OVERSEAS - £358.03

HAULAGE/FAF - £420.90

total £2,462.05

Fremantle 20ft

total £2471.00

and the small print.,.,

- only take personal effects to Quay

-Rates based on you packing your goods and loading them into the

container yours self

-The line haven't quoted on fumigation or permit yet so will send these

later, you will also have to pay duty/tax but this can only be paid at

the port you are sending your goods to.

Is this any good regarding offer?

I`m also wondering.,., what does a 20 ft container hold. Do i really need one this big for personal artifacts? Clothes / CD collection / Wall canvas art / Baby Stuff / Kitchen Table & Chairs / TV & stand / other nik naks but nothing substantial.

Is this 20ft containers worth? Cheers all.

Brisbane 20ft

Freight - £806.00

BAF/CANAL- £706.13

UK CHARGES - £171.00

OVERSEAS - £358.03

HAULAGE/FAF - £420.90

total £2,462.05

Fremantle 20ft

total £2471.00

and the small print.,.,

- only take personal effects to Quay

-Rates based on you packing your goods and loading them into the

container yours self

-The line haven't quoted on fumigation or permit yet so will send these

later, you will also have to pay duty/tax but this can only be paid at

the port you are sending your goods to.

Is this any good regarding offer?

Hi, which company was this please?

We are moving to Melbourne in January and are having the freight paid for so dont know how much it is but we had three quotes and the company have gone for John Mason. They were very friendly and had great information.:biggrin:

I have heard similar comments from others about them. I believe that the company only do international removals, so should have all the relevant info require.

Cheers.

Good luck with your move.

Hi, which company was this please?

Its from a friend who does works in this neck of the woods.,.[shipping for a textile company]

but the correspodance and links have reference to hambersud [??]

http://www.hamburgsud-line.com/hsdg/en/hsdg/linershipping_1/offices/officesdetails_2_193.jsp

hope this helps? I looks like it just for the over seas transit and not much more??

I`m also wondering.,., what does a 20 ft container hold. Do i really need one this big for personal artifacts? Clothes / CD collection / Wall canvas art / Baby Stuff / Kitchen Table & Chairs / TV & stand / other nik naks but nothing substantial.

Is this 20ft containers worth? Cheers all.

I'd say that is way too big. People usually fit the contents of a 3 (or even 4 bed) house into a 20ft sole use container. The whole works, beds, sofa, table and so on.

FWIW, if you went in for a shared container and had them come pack and see to it all it'd probably come in cheaper or at least around the same price. It doesn't sound like you are taking much at all.

Have you had some proper quotes for the stuff you want to take from shipping companies? As in shared container, packed for you (or you pack the boxes perhaps) and they come collect etc. I'd get some decent companies in, 4 or 5 of them and compare and work out who is offering the best deal for you. You can usually haggle a bit with them is my understanding.

I'd not bother with a sole use container for such a small amount personally and would spend the money on someone else doing the work for me and sharing a container.

Well quotes in now from 5 companies...... Lancashire to Perth..........leaving in first weeks of December

White & co.

- 850 cuft so Full sole use container £3791

Crown

- 700 cuft groupage £3749

or

- full container £3976

- these prices also include customs fees @ approx £300

John Mason

- 700 cuft groupage £2725

or

- full container £3475

Moving Partnership

- Originally estimated @ 950 cuft £3654

- re-estimated after phone call from them @ 750cuft groupage £3044

Robinsons

- 688 cuft £2980 also offered insurance @ 1.5%

Ok what do I do now, obviously John Masons looks a no-brainer but if I want to hassle how would you hassle ??? Do you think I'd be able to get the price down any more ?? John mason have done an inventory and said that's the price I will pay for what's on the inventory and to tell the truth the rep almost certainly put too many boxes on just so his estimated cuft wasn't under, if you know what I mean !!

Be interested to know peoples thoughts ??????????????

Just wondering about insurance, having talked to people who have not bothered with it and people who have. People who have taken out insurance have said it was pointless, when things that have been lost, damaged etc, just were not compensated. Any opinions welcome.

Just wondering about insurance, having talked to people who have not bothered with it and people who have. People who have taken out insurance have said it was pointless, when things that have been lost, damaged etc, just were not compensated. Any opinions welcome.

Its for things like the ship sinking, cargo being lost and all that also iirc.

I personally think its worthwhile taking out some kind of shipping insurance as you just never know and if you are shipping a lot, its a lot of money to lose. Many people say to go through an independent agent, not the shipping company one.

I've read about people being compensated.

For our expensive items I plan to take photos of the items before being packed. So I can prove they were in decent condition before the removal men packed them.

Has anybody any experience regarding shipping items on a lesser scale?

The items i intend to ship over dont nearly equate to container status. I`m more or less going to pack the boxes given to which will I understand to be a `pay as you go` system. Just wondering on box sizes and price etc.

I basically dont have a big package like others! :em4500:

I've got a bit of experience at companies promising (and charging for) air-freight and then delivering 1 out of 3 boxes a week later than you expect them.

Still waiting for the other 2 - but they are insured at least :)

Sounds like Meatloaf is the pilot!!!:pirateface_yes_sm_c

Has anybody any experience regarding shipping items on a lesser scale?

The items i intend to ship over dont nearly equate to container status. I`m more or less going to pack the boxes given to which will I understand to be a `pay as you go` system. Just wondering on box sizes and price etc.

I basically dont have a big package like others! :em4500:

Seven seas look a good company for shipping boxes

Hi, We had Crown give us a quote and John Mason. Crown quoted £2900 and JM £1500. I dont understand how they can be so different as we didnt add or take anything away from the list.....

JM seem to be on the ball,, can i / we ask on the £1500 .,.,., how much was that for? Boxes,?, container?.,., or an itinery on items wishing to ship over.

I have items i wish to take.,., but not to the scale that warrants a container etc....

magicooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo