Which shipping company - Poll

Which shipping company did you use?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which shipping company did you use?

• Anglo Pacific
    • Crown Relo
    • White & Company
    • Doree Bonner
    • Pickfords
    • John Mason
    • PSS International Removals
    • Moving Australia
    • Overs International
    • Other - Please post in thread with name

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crown - yes would use again

We had a 20ft sole use container and the cost was £4100 (hubby's company paid) Preston - Brisbane (8 weeks door to door)

Our container arrived in Brisbane port on the Thurs, arrived in Crown's warehouse on the Monday, cleared customs on the Thurs and was delivered on the Saturday (very quick!)

Guest stockies

Crown Relocations for us........... Excellent on our first lot of stuff out, in the UK and here in Brisbane. Then we had another house to clear and ship over here due to a death in the family, they made a few mistakes due to lack of comunication but it was all sorted out very quickly and they were very appologetic if I remember rightly ....... Would I use them again.....Yes !!

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up as people are asking about which firms to use etc.

Also anyone else want to chip in and vote who they used feel free :) All helps.

• 4 months later...

I live on the Isle of Man and currently researching removals to Canberra. Anyone out there with suggestions of who to use? We are looking at a 40' container for all our stuff including car...

Pickfords have just quoted my Mother in Law 2700 pounds to from Manchester to Perth for HALF a container , we payed 1700 for a full one with them........that sounds way do high for me , or have prices increased that much in 4 yrs .....any advice please .......

Pickfords have just quoted my Mother in Law 2700 pounds to from Manchester to Perth for HALF a container , we payed 1700 for a full one with them........that sounds way do high for me , or have prices increased that much in 4 yrs .....any advice please .......

Ive been quoted just over £1000 for a half container! (do we know what cubic foot a half container is? :unsure:)

Lowest quote so far is £2795 for 700 cft, more to come..............I have had quotes from 700cft up to 950cft how can there be such a big difference in the estimates ??

Lowest quote so far is £2795 for 700 cft, more to come..............I have had quotes from 700cft up to 950cft how can there be such a big difference in the estimates ??

Woody , are you serious ........is that with pickfords . as they give a huge quote out but will come down ........6 v 1 eh lol..........

Woody , are you serious ........is that with pickfords . as they give a huge quote out but will come down ........6 v 1 eh lol..........

Thats with the company that is leading the poll right now, gonna get a few more quotes in and see what others can do !! probably get packed up in first few weeks of December so got some time yet to organise......................still smiling Nick.....thats all I can do with a result like that..............even when I see those red ****e shirts I just smile...............

Guest Beth101

Anglo Pacific - was around £5000 including insurance. Wouldn't necessarily use them again, although our belongings did arrive in Australia (eventually).

We used Simpsons. The price was mostly on par with others for a 20ft. The packing service was very good, can't fault the lads. Only problem, they didn't pay the agents this end so even though we paid our bill 2 months previosly, when it came to delivering our container we had to wait a further 10 days while they sorted out their admin.... Hopefully we are just unlucky but it kind of spoiled the good work they had done packing...

Archived