Customs - Be Aware !

weemster

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Firstly let me say that me and my fiancée have been here just under three months and are really enjoying it - we have found all the people we have met to be really friendly and welcoming. We have lived all over the world and Australia is a pretty hard place to beat in our opinion – We Love It !

Back to the point:-

We received our shipment from the Uk yesterday - what a relief to get some of the things that make a house a home back in our possession.

We used Anglo Pacific to ship our things and they were very good, there were one or two very sentimental things that I deliberated over to take or not but decided that in the end it would make a difference having this special things with us. Anglo were great and took massive care to pack the items in question (one was a beautifully made wooden yacht with very intricate rigging) I took the rigging down and this was very carefully packaged along with the masts and sails to facilitate any inspections and minimize handling – quite clearly and only to a complete idiot was this item not a much loved treasured piece.

Sadly being wood (which drew the attention of the customs officials) this box was in the absence of another suitable world "examined" - the rigging (which was packed so carefully in the Uk) was in complete knots and coiled up beyond any comprehension and the mast was broken in two, not to mention a hole put in the hull of the yacht – it’s hard to believe the mentality of the "thugs" who did this - they really should have more feeling and sensitivity towards people prize belongings. They quite clearly have lost all feeling and their brains have become addled with the tiny little bit of perceived power they have, that they feel the need to treat decent peoples possessions in this way. I know many very good people in this type of work (and very important it is but so to is the way it is done) and on that day in Melbourne when our much loved possessions were inspected – it wasn't done by the educated professionals whom I would have expected but imbeciles and incompetents.

You have been warned.

I agree with the op would complain, if we take this sort of treatment nothing ever changes. With dogs that sniff and sophisticated equipment to xray etc cannot see why they damaged your prized possession.

So sad for you, hope it can be restored, they should pay.

I agree with the op would complain, if we take this sort of treatment nothing ever changes. With dogs that sniff and sophisticated equipment to xray etc cannot see why they damaged your prized possession.

So sad for you, hope it can be restored, they should pay.

Great points - thank you

Archived