gaz n family

Booking Removal agency

When we go about contacting removal companies (sorting it at the weekend) how helpful are they really?

Their websites are full of "come and use us" adverts, but in reality how helpful are they?

Do they advise you on what you can and cannot take?

What needs to be spotless?

Provide you with the tools to do it yourself?

please, if you have any tips on how to approach this i would really appreciate them.

Finally how long does it typically take for them to return their quote once they have attended for a survey?

08/06/10 TRA received 26/10/10 SA SS Approved 14/11/10. VISA APP lodged 19th Nov 2010 -CO 21/02/11 - VISA GRANTED 08/03/11 ARRIVED IN ADELAIDE 18 July 2011 AND LOVING EVERY SECOND:

I've had Pickfords, Robinsons and John Mason out.

All were helpful and advised on what could be brought and what couldn't. Though one item I got conflicting info on.

All quotes were back within a couple of days.

Got Crown out next week for a final quote then I'll start trying to get the quotes down.

457 - Nomination Submitted 17/02/2011. Nomination Approved 12/03/2011. e457 Submitted 13/03/2011. Visa Approved 26/03/2011. Landing in Sydney 23/05/2011.

Guest guest33730

Also make sure they are quoting Like for like - Crown include the AQIS (custom clearance) fees in their quote. Also don't take out insurance from whoever you go with unless you have first checked out Removals Insurance | International Removals Insurance | Insure Your Move who should be half the price.

Do not accept the 1st quote you get - play one off against the other and you should get the price dropped by at least 10%. Finally aside from the companies mentioned above I suggest getting Doree Bonnar out as well - I didn't go with them in the end (I went with Crown) but I would have done if the price was a little better as they gave the best sales pitch by far.

All the best

Daniel

Guest perth42

Hi Gaz

I've had bonner, crown and pps - all varying in price and promise. The best quote we had was from the most helpful in advising us (even gave me a form he had lurking in the back of his car about shipping your car to Oz!) which was pps. The sales guy had worked his way through the co - from packer to sales and to be totally honest that's why he was the most helpful as he'd seen it from all angles.

It costs nothing to get them out to you, get as many as you want to quote, ask them every possible question you can think of (I wrote loads down - should have been a girl guide lol!)

Exciting times eh!

Good luck with it all

Guest Phillips family
When we go about contacting removal companies (sorting it at the weekend) how helpful are they really?

Their websites are full of "come and use us" adverts, but in reality how helpful are they?

Do they advise you on what you can and cannot take?

What needs to be spotless?

Provide you with the tools to do it yourself?

please, if you have any tips on how to approach this i would really appreciate them.

Finally how long does it typically take for them to return their quote once they have attended for a survey?

Hiya Gaz

I used to work for Doree Bonner in Corsham for 3 yrs- they are very good - General Manager there is friend of mine - they will advise what to take & not to take etc. They have great contacts with the shipping lines & use a compnay called Grace International in oz to customs clear your container etc they have been with them for yrs. They keep you informed whats happening even down to which ship your consignment is on. They all want the business so worth negotiating especially the percentage of the value of the goods on the insurance. Once the survey has been done they would probably get the quote out to you within 2 days (thats what happened when I was there). I will PM you name & number he would come out to Yeovil too.

Trudy

Trudy, thanks really appreciate that. So any mates discount? Ok worth a try.

08/06/10 TRA received 26/10/10 SA SS Approved 14/11/10. VISA APP lodged 19th Nov 2010 -CO 21/02/11 - VISA GRANTED 08/03/11 ARRIVED IN ADELAIDE 18 July 2011 AND LOVING EVERY SECOND: