Skills assessment for computer network and systems engineer

Guest jadeyk

Guest jadeyk

We have been having a bit of trouble fitting our skills into the new SMPs. My OH and I are 25. I'm a hospital pharmacist and he is a network engineer. With our age we were having trouble as we obviously don't have years and years of experience. Pharmacists now need 3 years (I've done 18months) so we are trying to apply under his occupation.

Brian graduated with a Bsc (hons) 2;1 in computer games technology in 2008 and has been working as a tech since (2 and a half years). He has gained some Microsoft qualifications, currently at MCSA working up to MCSE. We have signed up to an agent in the last couple of weeks (Thames migration) after some discussion they seemed confident about our situation. However since receiving brians degree transcript they're not sure his degree will pass the skills assessment.

Does anyone have any idea if a BSc in computer games technology from the University of Portsmouth will count as a suitable IT degree?

Thanks in advance :-)