You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

pete'n'tray

safety bay senior school

Does any one know any thing about "safety bay senior high school" and "rockingham senior high school " are they ok as looking at the rockingham area and trying to find out what the state high schools are like, and any info about the primary schools as have two sons age 12 and 6 .

thank you

tracey

Guest mandy1970

My 2 girls are 13 and 8. The eldest started yr 8 at SB High and so far is getting on well but finding it quite different to HS in Scotland. We chose SB as it has a Dance program and after asking around it also seems to have the best reputation. The other schools offer different programs.

Our youngest is at SB primary and has settled in very well and doing a lot better than she did in Scotland.

Guest orangepeelskin

I think you should think of another school. Safety Bay has had the highest outbreak of nits since 1953. The kids never stop scratching. There are kids with bald heads that keep scratching. The kids even scratch each others heads when they are in class. The school tried to control it by selling "scratch aids" which is a wooden stick with a wooden hand attached which the kids made in woodwork, but they were not flexible enough. We tried everything, lotions, creams, skinheads, burning hair, electric hair shock, hypnotherapy, praying to buddha, but nothing worked. Now we have just had to accept nits as part of our lives. The kids play with them on the desks, nit races, whose got the biggest nit competitions, nitwit (intelligence game for nits), nit my jumper. its got so bad that lots of kids look like they have curly/fuzzy hair but its nits moving. The school song is "we all scratch together,". Bruce Forsyth came here once a long time ago, and said "lice to meet you, to meet you lice". Mothers get confused at the school tuck shop "johnny, do you want a lice cream...sorry ice cream"? When the kids go asleep, they wake me up rolling as i hear the crunching on the pillow.

Its up to you.....

Guest mandy1970

Nits!!! Is that all you can say about the school? Nits are a problem everywhere. If your kids know the do's and don'ts about them, you should not have a problem. No nits in our house!!!

Some people will try and say that you "must" put your kids in private schools but personally I think that some are just a bit snobby and if you child wants to learn and get on well, they will wherever they go.

Again, our daughters have settled in well and are having no problems. Nits or otherwise!!

Try and do as much research as possible.

I think you should think of another school. Safety Bay has had the highest outbreak of nits since 1953. The kids never stop scratching. There are kids with bald heads that keep scratching. The kids even scratch each others heads when they are in class. The school tried to control it by selling "scratch aids" which is a wooden stick with a wooden hand attached which the kids made in woodwork, but they were not flexible enough. We tried everything, lotions, creams, skinheads, burning hair, electric hair shock, hypnotherapy, praying to buddha, but nothing worked. Now we have just had to accept nits as part of our lives. The kids play with them on the desks, nit races, whose got the biggest nit competitions, nitwit (intelligence game for nits), nit my jumper. its got so bad that lots of kids look like they have curly/fuzzy hair but its nits moving. The school song is "we all scratch together,". Bruce Forsyth came here once a long time ago, and said "lice to meet you, to meet you lice". Mothers get confused at the school tuck shop "johnny, do you want a lice cream...sorry ice cream"? When the kids go asleep, they wake me up rolling as i hear the crunching on the pillow.

Its up to you.....

Are you a professional troll or are you just practising?

The people who reach the top of the tree, are only those who haven`t got the qualifications to detain them at the bottom.

Peter Ustinov