Finding work after landing in OZ?

Guest CraigandJoanne

Guest CraigandJoanne

Hi,

My wife and I are in the early stages of moving to Oz. Initially we have decided to move to SA, as we feel this would best suit us. My wife is a qualified Physio so we are hopeful she will get a job, although some of you may know better? As for myself i think it will be a little trickier to get a job. I have previously served in the Royal Navy but since leaving in 2006 I got myself a degree in PE and now work in education, however, i am not a qualified teacher. I have seen other posts regarding Teaching Assistants and the difficulties faced in getting a job and the low wages so i am sceptical of going out there and getting a job in a school.

I am prepared to do anything (within reason) ie, admin/office, retail, leisure etc. So i was just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation or has any advice. How easy is it to get a job once you are there?

Any help/advice would me greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siamsusie
Hi,

My wife and I are in the early stages of moving to Oz. Initially we have decided to move to SA, as we feel this would best suit us. My wife is a qualified Physio so we are hopeful she will get a job, although some of you may know better? As for myself i think it will be a little trickier to get a job. I have previously served in the Royal Navy but since leaving in 2006 I got myself a degree in PE and now work in education, however, i am not a qualified teacher. I have seen other posts regarding Teaching Assistants and the difficulties faced in getting a job and the low wages so i am sceptical of going out there and getting a job in a school.

I am prepared to do anything (within reason) ie, admin/office, retail, leisure etc. So i was just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation or has any advice. How easy is it to get a job once you are there?

Any help/advice would me greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Welcome to PIO.

Why not make some initial enquiries.

Physiotherapy Jobs Australia -- Physiotherapy Employment and Work Australia - Jobs for Physiotherapists

Physiotherapy Employment Australia -- Physiotherapy Jobs Australia

physiotherapist jobs in Australia | careerjet.com.au

It might well be worth your while having a chat with a Mara registered migration agent as well.

Best wishes

Susie:wubclub: