Aircraft Maintenance Engineers - TRA / Victoria University Skills Assessment

Guest guest48800

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont want to put a dampener on your plans, but getting your license isnt quite a simple as just doing some part 145 work over the course of a year.

to put figures on this, they want to see 1680hrs of logged work.

tons of work for lames in Aus especially in offshore helicopters. CHC, Bond and Bristow all recruiting aggresively.

Where are they recruiting?

Where are they recruiting?

Thaey are recruiting for touring engineers only. FIFO.

If you want to find out though, email these people.

jo.francois@bristowgroup.com

or

anna-lee.testar@chc.ca or Lauren.MacPherson@chc.ca

Both are looking for 20+ engineers. especially if you have S92 exp, but also large Eurocopter or Sikorsky. CHC take a long time to get their act together, it took about 4-5 months in all from initial contact to the offer of a job, and i already work for CHC. Bristow offered me a job within about 2-3 weeks of applying.

There is also Bond helicopters recruiting, but i dont have a contact for them. address is on their website http://www.bondaviationgroup.com/about-us/offices/australia

Hope this helps. we've decided not to go for the moment as wifes job is less in demand, and were trying for a baby and think now is not the right time. had to turn both CHC and Bristow down. was not the best feeling!!

Good luck if you go for it though.

Out of interest, i have done the exchange process with my licence. i just need the AA exam to be granted my licences and all types by CASA. both companies were offering a LAME position and the time to go and do the AA course ASAP. all at their expense. no need to take up an AME position first. Being an S92 engineer maybe swung the balance though i dont know, but they were desparate to get me on board.

Out of interest, i have done the exchange process with my licence.

You've done the exchange, before the AA exam? How?

Thanks for the info on jobs, I'm about 2 years away from moving, but it's good to know they are recruiting. Unfortunately the biggest types I have are AS365 and EC145.

You've done the exchange, before the AA exam? How?

Thanks for the info on jobs, I'm about 2 years away from moving, but it's good to know they are recruiting. Unfortunately the biggest types I have are AS365 and EC145.

You have to send your licence for evaluation and the send you a letter with your details of what you will be granted on passing the AA exam. i have a letter granting me passes in all sebjects except AA alowing me a grant of a B1.3, C and Compass Cal, on S92, AS332L/L1 on passing AA.

Im sure if you were to go and do the AA exam and send you pass certificate along with your EASA license then im sure you would be issued the appropriate CASA license.

I dont think those types would preclude you. Dauphin is similar to larger EC types, and are used offshore as im sure you know.

Try the WA police. they were looking for a Dauphin engineer a few months back. sounded like a great job with benefits unheard of here in the UK!!!

Archived