Spouse visa - temp to perm how long ?

Guest hels

Hiya

Does anyone know how long it takes when you are on a temp spouse 309 to get the perm visa, i understand i can apply 2 years after my application was first lodged (so june applied, granted oct) so techincally i can apply in june 2012 for perm, how long does it then take for them to grant perm ? Was wondering if it takes a further 6 months to be granted perm so looking at 2.5 years then im permy ?

Then once perm you go on for 2 years then become a citizen etc

Lots of questions, sorry :biggrin:

Guest siamsusie
Hiya

Does anyone know how long it takes when you are on a temp spouse 309 to get the perm visa, i understand i can apply 2 years after my application was first lodged (so june applied, granted oct) so techincally i can apply in june 2012 for perm, how long does it then take for them to grant perm ? Was wondering if it takes a further 6 months to be granted perm so looking at 2.5 years then im permy ?

Then once perm you go on for 2 years then become a citizen etc

Lots of questions, sorry :biggrin:

Hi there Hels,

2 years from when lodging your spouse visa is when you generally you receive your PR.

It should be from date of application so June 2012 is about right.

Judging by other members obtaining PR can be around the 3-6 month mark and from there another 2 yrs before you can apply for citizenship.

Good luck Susie x

• 4 weeks later...

Do you know if we have to provide all the evidence all over again and have medicals, etc again? What a mission!

Don't think you do medicals again, but you'll need a new police check for the country you've lived in since the visa was granted.

I think current processing times for the PR part are about 6-8 months, and you can lodge the paperwork two years after you applied first time.

For citizenship, you have to have been in australia for 4years, of which at least 12months have to be on a PR visa. (you can have 90days of travel outside australia for each of those 4 years)

Archived