ENS 121 employer criteria

Nicole Eire

Training budgets are classic example of immigration policy kowtowing to political whim rather than common sense. If you need staff and can only attract low numbers of lowly skillled applicants through long term shortage in the industry, and existing staff are not skilled enough to train others, and not enough staff on hand to cover for trainee absences, then why can't a business hire skilled staff from overseas with no prior training budget? I'm sure COs would agree but the policy nongs make the rules from a position of no prior business experience.

Jamie apply for DIAC please somebody with common sense.

My uncle has trained Australians for 35+ years plus but now wants my wife to take over the running of his salon. We have jumped through every hoop on our 176 vias only to be stuck in Cat 4 so tried for the ENS route.

I agree why the need to prove training budgets for something you have not needed for 5 years ?

The first time my uncle tries for a sponsored worker he hits obstacles. Loyalty to a tax paying Australian who has a proven record of helping the trade in Australia ? .... Dont be stupid !

Cheers

Shane

Guest Jamie Smith
Jamie apply for DIAC please somebody with common sense.

My uncle has trained Australians for 35+ years plus but now wants my wife to take over the running of his salon. We have jumped through every hoop on our 176 vias only to be stuck in Cat 4 so tried for the ENS route.

I agree why the need to prove training budgets for something you have not needed for 5 years ?

The first time my uncle tries for a sponsored worker he hits obstacles. Loyalty to a tax paying Australian who has a proven record of helping the trade in Australia ? .... Dont be stupid !

Cheers

Shane

If you read the training budget requirement, he actually does still have a way forward to be able to sponsor you.

• 3 weeks later...

HI all

My Uncle has hand delivered a letter to DIAc on Wednesday of this week answering a few questions that DIAc were seeking clarification on. He hasnt had an acknowledgement letter but didnt expect one. How long do you think it will be until he gets a reply adviisng if his request has been successful to nominate my wife?

Any opinions appreciated.

I would have thought if its in hand then it should be soon.

thanks

Shane

Archived