Right...Best way to find job in Oz from Uk 457 sponsorship?

Guest tippers

Guest tippers

Right, sorry new to all this and prob a question been asked many times so bear with me!

Looking for a job (husband Building Surveyor/Project Manager) in Oz with a 457 employer sponsored visa. What is the best way to find a job? Apply direct to jobs we see on the internet (though they do say you should have the right to live and work in Oz) or to go through a migration agent? Or recruitment agents?

Have no idea where to start with this.... have googled but can't seem to find how you get that foot on the ladder and find appropriate jobs to apply for!

Any help, personal experiences would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Guest guest30085

Hi and welcome to PIO

You could start on the job sites (although a lot of the positions state you need the right to work/live in Oz) but it my be worth a shot.

SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

There is also another thread on here about a website which companies offering sponsorship use - I believe there is a small charge to join but its been given some good reviews. I will try to add a link when I find it

Best of luck

I'm here on a 457 and in the IT industry it's clearly who you know and not what you know that counts. Use any contacts you might have as it seems the easiest way to get a job but may not be the same for all industries. Good luck.

Guest Jamie Smith
This website may be the one that adonna is talking about.

Sponsorship Australia

Good luck.

I think that's a CV preparation service that forwards CVs to recruitment agents and is tied up witha migration agent???

If you have an exceptionally strong career and relevant CV, online jobseeker applications are OK, otherwise you should to make direct approach to the employers. 3/4 of jobs are never advertised, so allocate 3/4 of your search time to that method.

Most recruitment agents do not and cannot legally advise the employer about visa issues, so they just refuse to consider migrants as they do not understand the system and don't like the delay in getting paid.

You may then consider Australian based assistance as it can be time consuming and difficult to do from overseas.

I think that's a CV preparation service that forwards CVs to recruitment agents and is tied up witha migration agent???

If you have an exceptionally strong career and relevant CV, online jobseeker applications are OK, otherwise you should to make direct approach to the employers. 3/4 of jobs are never advertised, so allocate 3/4 of your search time to that method.

Most recruitment agents do not and cannot legally advise the employer about visa issues, so they just refuse to consider migrants as they do not understand the system and don't like the delay in getting paid.

You may then consider Australian based assistance as it can be time consuming and difficult to do from overseas.

That sounds spot on.