is this deportation? removal or somthing to declare ?

Guest Jessi1

Guest Jessi1

hi,

situation is like this, one of my OH's friend were sent back by immigration authorities in one of the middle east country due to his tourist visa expiry date ,however they do not put any stamp on his passport.

and now they were applied for 175 visa and didn't think too much about this incident. is it something to worry? now my frined is little worrying .

any help would be appreciate

thxxxx jess

hi,

situation is like this, one of my OH's friend were sent back by immigration authorities in one of the middle east country due to his tourist visa expiry date ,however they do not put any stamp on his passport.

and now they were applied for 175 visa and didn't think too much about this incident. is it something to worry? now my frined is little worrying .

any help would be appreciate

thxxxx jess

If your friend overstayed more than 28 days past his tourist visa validy then it is more than likely that he has copped a 3 years ban, also if they sent him home did he pay for the ticket or did the Australian Government pay the bill?

Exclusion from Australia

Persons who overstay their visa by more than 28 days become subject to an exclusion period that prevents them from being granted a temporary visa to travel to Australia for three years. This exclusion period applies whether they leave voluntarily or not.

Even after the exclusion period has finished, the person cannot be granted a visa unless they repay any debt they owe to the Commonwealth, including for costs of removal, or they make satisfactory arrangements to repay their debt.

Fact sheet 86

The 3 year exclusion does not affect Permanent Residency but any money owed would probably be need to be paid back, really if he is trying to brush it under the carpet it might throw a spanner in the works for him.