Advice re seeking a rental property

malaya

Hello,

We are about to make the move to Tassie in April. We are renting our property in the UK and I shall be looking for a rental property near Launceston.

I have pictures of our house on my laptop which I am willing to show to a rental agent/owner. I have also asked the agent in the UK for a reference for us as I hope this will assist with obtaining a property in Tassie.

Does anyone have any advice on anything specific that should be in this reference? And also is there anything else I can do to ensure I present us in the best possible light?

Many thanks

Guest shusselmann

Hi, the agent or owner you're renting from in Tasmania will be looking to see how you're going to cover the rent so you'll either need proof of employment, income and / or savings. You'll also need proof of ID that includes a few big items like passport, driving license, and birth certificate.

I guess the UK agent could vouch for the fact that your property in the UK is well looked after but I don't think that would be as important to potential landlords as seeing evidence of how you're going to cover the rent...

If you can't show proof of income straight away as your job seeking ,enclose with your application a photo copy of a healthy bank account and offer a few months rent upfront.

If you have a job to come to but havent yet started so dont have wage slips, get a letter from your boss stating your income.

Get the refernce off your UK agent and any other refernces you can, such as holiday homes youve rented etc etc

Enclose as much paperwork as you can and MAKE SURE you let the agent know you have just arrived, hence lack of Australian references/paperwork.

Cal x

We took copies of references, mortgage statements, passport copies a nd proof of visa, oh new boss's telephone number ( he hadn't started work when we put the application in) and we offered to pay 3 months rent in advance. We filled in loads of extra detail on the application about liking gardening and being handy at diy. We got the first property we went for and had only been here 3 days!

:cute:

Archived