state sponsorship funds

Gaza

hi all,

I have just received state sponsorship WA. It says on the form that i must bring in the amount I said for resettlement etc.

what if i cant sell my house?

do they check this amount(or there abouts) is actually deposited somewhere?

or is this just so they can say you said you had money and should not claim any sort of assistance once there?not that i intend to

any views would be appreciated

thanks

gary

hi all,

I have just received state sponsorship WA. It says on the form that i must bring in the amount I said for resettlement etc.

or is this just so they can say you said you had money and should not claim any sort of assistance once there?not that i intend to

thanks

gary

I dont think they can check but I dont know that for sure. You obviously showed them at the time of seeking SS that you had the funds surely that is enough?

hi all,

thanks

gary

When you applied for the State Sponsorship what evidence did you give to prove the funds you have ??

Lynne

Guest gmpjr241

The amount of available funds you declared should not have included funds that are tied up in your house as far as I am aware.

However I have seen other posts on this site where an agent has confirmed that they dont actually check the funds that you bring into the country. To actually bring all the money in one go would really be impratical if insisted upon, especially given the current exchange rate. You obvioulsy need to have enough available to live!

The amount of available funds you declared should not have included funds that are tied up in your house as far as I am aware.

However I have seen other posts on this site where an agent has confirmed that they dont actually check the funds that you bring into the country. To actually bring all the money in one go would really be impratical if insisted upon, especially given the current exchange rate. You obvioulsy need to have enough available to live!

To slightly disagree (sorry:embarrassed:) when we applied for State Sponsorship with South Australia it actually asks you for available funds, then the next question is how much have you got thats tied up, i.e. in a house, boat, car etc (or words to that effect)

Guest gmpjr241

No worries Gaz it sounds like different states have different questions in relation to this. My comments stem from the questions asked by WA. I should have made this clear.:biggrin:

Archived