Evidence of Specific Work Experience - 176 visa

dragonz

All right, this is something that's been in my head since I uploaded my employment certificates. There are a couple of things in fact that are bothering me:

1. The form asked for employment details for the past four years: I started from when I was first employed back in 2003. I think this really won't matter, I guess DIAC will just ignore the references prior to the recent four years and the Team assigned(hopefully soon) to my case will make a mental note that the applicant is a complete jackass. :wacko:
  2. This is a bit more concerning. The recent four year employment reference from my current employer that I've provided has a glitch - not sure how big. The address mentioned on the footer of the letterhead bears the address of the previous location(detached main office) of my employer. The previous location still belongs to my employer but all the people that will verify are now at the new location(integrated departments now). I've mentioned the new address where they ask for the address of the employer in the application, but will it matter with differing addresses? (PS They didn't have the updated letterhead printed when I requested the certificate and am not sure if its even printed as yet):wideeyed:

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Guest abeersalik

Hi,

you can request a letter or an undertaking from your company stating the address mentioned in the letterhead is owned by them and they all (or your department) has shifted to the new place (mentioning the new address).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi,

you can request a letter or an undertaking from your company stating the address mentioned in the letterhead is owned by them and they all (or your department) has shifted to the new place (mentioning the new address).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks. I did have that in mind. How do I tell this to the DIAC? What Form should I use?

Guest abeersalik

No form is required. Form 1023 (Notification of incorrect answer) is not valid here as the address of current employer provided in your visa application is "correct", however, the conflict is in the supporting document. Hence you can attach the 'letter from your company' with a covering letter stating that it was overlooked as your company currently using this letterhead for all the business correspondences. And, it was until now you found that the company address on the letterhead is old. That's why you are submitting this letter from your employer confirming that the old address is still their property and the letterhead is still in their use......something like that.

Archived