Am I allowed to moan??

junellew

I know its not the worse thing in the world but I really want my Partner Visa to be granted :arghh: Its been 6 months and 1 day today and everyone else I have spoke to along our journey on here all have theirs. Many that started the process along time after us. Am struggling with my CO and think she is dragging her heels as I have contacted her a couple of times and she just gives me the run around so I am so scared to ring again!:sad:

I am so lucky and there are much worse things in the world to stress about but it feels like the final hurdle and I want to see it right in front of my very eyes! Rant over now I promise............and breath!

:embarrassed:

Guest cazbob

I feel your pain junellew,

rant away, there will always be people who get theirs seemingly out of sequence but that's the way the cookie crubmles!

just focus on trying to keep busy, ranting at anyone who will listen and planning ahead for the future!

it'll come in soon i'm sure and then all the waiting and stressing will disappear in a poof!

feel free to PM me if you're in need of a good ol' b!tching session

:hug:

Caz

I feel your pain junellew,

rant away, there will always be people who get theirs seemingly out of sequence but that's the way the cookie crubmles!

just focus on trying to keep busy, ranting at anyone who will listen and planning ahead for the future!

it'll come in soon i'm sure and then all the waiting and stressing will disappear in a poof!

feel free to PM me if you're in need of a good ol' b!tching session

:hug:

Caz

Thanks Caz, it's such a relief to rant it at people that understand! I have checked my email about 30 times a day this week and still nothing:arghh: Hubby is even getting ready to ring her now so that must mean something, he wouldn't normally get worked up about stuff being a chilled out Aussie! :cute:

Starlight, how could I be anymore committed! :wink: If only they could see us all crazily checking the mail everyday hey!

Please be my week next week and I can stop feeling like the most frustrated person in the world!:wacko:

Guest weekenddreamers
I know its not the worse thing in the world but I really want my Partner Visa to be granted :arghh: Its been 6 months and 1 day today and everyone else I have spoke to along our journey on here all have theirs. Many that started the process along time after us. Am struggling with my CO and think she is dragging her heels as I have contacted her a couple of times and she just gives me the run around so I am so scared to ring again!:sad:

I am so lucky and there are much worse things in the world to stress about but it feels like the final hurdle and I want to see it right in front of my very eyes! Rant over now I promise............and breath!

:embarrassed:

Hi June

Totally understand exactly how you feel!, sending you a big pile of sympathy!!

:hug: Hang on in there - am sure you'll get the news you're longing for v soon!...

We're also now 5 months down the line waiting for my Partner Visa and am stressed out & totally shattered too, really cannot believe how long this is taking - we've been so happily togther 13 years almost & married 12 so how hard could it be eh?, And am finding it extremely difficult holding back from phoning our C/O too and like you I also check my emails a few times a day....:arghh:

ps - Notice you're on the Isle of Mull?, We live down in Renfrewshire at the mo - If we're granted the Visa (fingers, toes & everything crossed) we'll be headed to Perth to be with my Hubbies family & start afresh!, here's really really hoping...

Where in Oz are you moving to?

:smile:

Hi June

Totally understand exactly how you feel!, sending you a big pile of sympathy!!

:hug: Hang on in there - am sure you'll get the news you're longing for v soon!...

We're also now 5 months down the line waiting for my Partner Visa and am stressed out & totally shattered too, really cannot believe how long this is taking - we've been so happily togther 13 years almost & married 12 so how hard could it be eh?, And am finding it extremely difficult holding back from phoning our C/O too and like you I also check my emails a few times a day....:arghh:

ps - Notice you're on the Isle of Mull?, We live down in Renfrewshire at the mo - If we're granted the Visa (fingers, toes & everything crossed) we'll be headed to Perth to be with my Hubbies family & start afresh!, here's really really hoping...

Where in Oz are you moving to?

:smile:

Thanks for the hug! Needing it more and more as the days go on! Was waiting for today to check my email and it would be there, Monday morning and all that but no, still nothing! It is actually getting ridiculous now and my blood is beginning to boil!! :arghh:

Feeling for you and everyone else waiting too - it's more frustrating when you've been married so long I bet. How have you made it 13 years without wanting to emigrate before now! Don't see any reason why they won't grant...in their own time though!

Our family are in Melbourne so that will be our base. We are doing a 6 month tour in a camper trailer when we get there though so we can check out the country and see where we like the most. We have lots of good friends in Perth too so that may be an option. Have you visited much while you've been married? Keep me posted with your visa and if you just want to post a big arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh too feel free. I think I may just come on here and do that every day until it comes (saves taking it out on the kids and hubby!!)

SO would just like to say...............:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I was eventually granted my visa today and was given the permanent subclass 100 straight away! Was worth the wait and the bitching and thank you all so much for your :hug: and support. My husband rung the CO and left a message making a complaint this morning so I have a feeling that it may have done the trick.....shame it took something like that when it should be a fair system and standard order of grants but here we are, 6 months and 5 days later and celebrating with a lovely big glass of bubbly.

Please keep this thread going as a place to have a big :mad::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::mad: whenever you need to and I will be feeling it all with you.....what a journey hey!

Guest cazbob

YAY!!!! congrats junellew :jiggy:

see, once the visa comes through all the frustration is gone in a poof (and no doubt helped by the glass of bubbly!)

enjoy! :D

Glad your wait is finally over! It's a very frustrating time!

Just wanted to say Mull is one of my most favourite places......have a watercolour of Tobermory right in front of me!

Best of luck with your move!

Thanks everyone, drank sooooo much bubbly! It was such a relief and now I keep pinching myself and thinkig "Wow, I'm actually going!" . Mhags, Mull is very beautiful I know - very wet and wild too! Hoping to find my own sunnier verson of Mull in Australia! :biggrin:

Guest RunnerBean

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Quick question junellew. If you don't want to answer then just tell me to sod off, but was just wondering what you think made them give you the permanent res visa straight away? Like what was in the app to make it really stand out like that. Am really hoping to get the permanent res, as when we arrive I'm wanting to join the Aussie military and because of their citizenship/residence requirements I wouldn't be able to do so with the temp one! Am just trying to figure out if the permanent ones are given very often straight away, and how to stand a chance of getting one. Hubby's Aussie and we've been together 5 years and married for one, and a big factor in our move is that the military in the UK has no spots available for me in my chosen trade. If not, then it isn't the end of the world, but it'd be really good to get my career starting as soon as!

If anyone has any insight, it'd be MEGA appreciated. Sorry to highjack the thread though...

Hi, Not sure what I did to get permanent really. We followed all the instructions to a T and went through it all with a fine tooth comb and sent as much evidence of a continuing and lasting relationship as we could. We have 2 boys who we got Aussie citizenship by decent for so I'm sure that this may have contributed as they can hardly live in Aus without me but I'm afraid that bit of info won't help you much.

Good luck with your journey though. I hope someone else may be able to shed more light for you. :hug:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Quick question junellew. If you don't want to answer then just tell me to sod off, but was just wondering what you think made them give you the permanent res visa straight away? Like what was in the app to make it really stand out like that. Am really hoping to get the permanent res, as when we arrive I'm wanting to join the Aussie military and because of their citizenship/residence requirements I wouldn't be able to do so with the temp one! Am just trying to figure out if the permanent ones are given very often straight away, and how to stand a chance of getting one. Hubby's Aussie and we've been together 5 years and married for one, and a big factor in our move is that the military in the UK has no spots available for me in my chosen trade. If not, then it isn't the end of the world, but it'd be really good to get my career starting as soon as!

If anyone has any insight, it'd be MEGA appreciated. Sorry to highjack the thread though...

If you have been togther more than three years (which you have) you'll be given a permanent 100 visa straight away. Page 38 of the partner migration guide: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf reads

In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you

lodge your application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having

to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:

• at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for

3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of

your relationship;

Guest weekenddreamers
You know so much peaches :notworthy:- wish I'd know that before. Although the surprise was nice! :jiggy:

Hallooo June!!!, We too at last are joining you in the Fizz Dept today !!! - we were granted our Subclass 100 (permanent) Partner Visa too!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: Totally Thrilled and Delighted just like you!, we'll have to get to Mull for a camping maybe before you go & have a double celebration!!!! :smile:

Em

:jiggy:

Hallooo June!!!, We too at last are joining you in the Fizz Dept today !!! - we were granted our Subclass 100 (permanent) Partner Visa too!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: Totally Thrilled and Delighted just like you!, we'll have to get to Mull for a camping maybe before you go & have a double celebration!!!! :smile:

Em

:jiggy:

Wahooooooo!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: Congrats guys - I totally know how you are feeling right now! Would love to see you on Mull for a mini party before we ship out! What a relief for you. Bet you are over the moon,:hug::hug: Keep in touch :hug:

Archived