where to live, rockingham, secret harbour or baldivis?

Guest bushell and hernandez

Guest bushell and hernandez

Hi,

we are moving to perth on 18th september, and from the research we have done so far we are liking the sound of rockingham, secret harbour and baldivis, i am a carpenter, my wife works in admin, and we have two young children.

We are after somewhere not to far from the beach, thats not too quite(has a little bit going on in terms of community), good schools and close to work/transport links.

any tips on these three or anywhere else that you think we may have missed/or not thought about would be really appreciated.

terry:wink:

Guest MaybeOz

From online research we had all of these places on our list to check out. They all seemed to tick our requirement boxes ... BUT .... having actually visited them all we instantly crossed them off our list ... they were totally not for us.

The bottom line of this message is that from experience YOU PERSONALLY have to visit the places and only then can you possibly make a decision - bear in mind that one person's idea of heaven is another's idea of hell! :eek:

All the very best with your plans.

Kari :wubclub:

Need a CV/Resume? PM me or email me at: thewrittenproof@Gmail.com

Hi,

we are moving to perth on 18th september, and from the research we have done so far we are liking the sound of rockingham, secret harbour and baldivis, i am a carpenter, my wife works in admin, and we have two young children.

We are after somewhere not to far from the beach, thats not too quite(has a little bit going on in terms of community), good schools and close to work/transport links.

any tips on these three or anywhere else that you think we may have missed/or not thought about would be really appreciated.

terry:wink:

Hi, All the areas you mentioned are very nice. Secret Harbour is the furthest away from a railway station & it's full of Pommes. You really need to rent for a while & get your bearings, then you can have a good mooch around at where you feel comfortable. It all depends what you want, eg. Rocky has a big shopping centre ,& the beaches are lovely, you have cinemas etc etc, while Secret Harbour & Baldivis only have very small shopping centres, no cinema etc but are all very close to Rocky anyway. Hope this helps a tad , good luck X

• 2 weeks later...

Secret Harbour and Baldivis are both fine one is near teh beach one isnt the communit thing is up to you and how much effort you make Perth has an high percentage of Brits anyway so there are alot of suburbs that are full of poms look on the net for rate your suburb and go from there secret harbour is close tol rockingham 15 - 20 minutes or 10 minutes to mandurah we have made alot of riends in secret harbour english and aussie the house prices are the most expensive in the area and it can be a bit snobbish but you dont have to join them just come here and enjoy yourself .

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We visited all three places when we were in Perth and they are very quiet places, some would say too quiet, we were ok with that, but we thought the kids would struggle for night life when they were older. All three places are quite a long way from the city and if thats ok for you great, but we would have preferred to be nearer. Secret harbour is the furthest away, but there and Rockingham are right on the coast and they seemed to be really nice places, with great housing. Baldivis was about 8km in land and there wasn't much there, but we liked it there, plus it was nearer to the city. I also agree............. a visit is a must......... just because we liked it, doesn't mean you will......... its not like the uk, with corner shops and other outlets close by, it is very spread out. Best of luck.

Archived