Sign in to follow this  
stevie ellis

Retraining for an old bird

Hi folks , looking for ideas for the wife to do as work wise in oz , shes an old bird now 45 and works here as a school dinner ladie but am thinking she cud do another job in oz ? so any ideas appreciated , cheers stevie:notworthy:

Guest cricketbackinengland
Hi folks , looking for ideas for the wife to do as work wise in oz , shes an old bird now 45 and works here as a school dinner ladie but am thinking she cud do another job in oz ? so any ideas appreciated , cheers stevie:notworthy:

How about becoming a boxer?

Jan done computer courses over here stevie,done the basics then another one online,then a sage accounts course and she works in accounts now,not really difficult according to her

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest guest37336

Hi Stevie.

Not sure about the money angle you would be looking for, BUT. If she is a school dinner lady she must have the patience of a saint, be able to work as part of a team, work by herself when needs must, have good interpersonal skills, can cook which entails timing, work under pressure, and loads more I can think of.

So with these attributes mate I imagine the good lady would be excellent at MANY different occupations matey, I really do think she could turn her hand to many different jobs mate and fair play to her.:yes:

Cheers Tony.

No sure about boxing but she loves a wrestle:wink:

I'd be very scared if I were you saying she's an old bird. Does she know you're on the computer all by yourself?:wink:

At 45, she's not old. She's probably got more skill in her little finger than most younger women. There is a trend to employ older people because of their tolerance, experience, fact that they've done most of their travelling and had their families, etc. She probably has more job options going for her than ever before.

What would she like to do?

Jan done computer courses over here stevie,done the basics then another one online,then a sage accounts course and she works in accounts now,not really difficult according to her
Aye aye Pabs , nice mate good on jan for doing it:yes:, mre e has a brain inaw but she to easy going ony mare laid back and she wud be horizontal, ats what a keep telling her,

Hi Stevie.

Not sure about the money angle you would be looking for, BUT. If she is a school dinner lady she must have the patience of a saint, be able to work as part of a team, work by herself when needs must, have good interpersonal skills, can cook which entails timing, work under pressure, and loads more I can think of.

So with these attributes mate I imagine the good lady would be excellent at MANY different occupations matey, I really do think she could turn her hand to many different jobs mate and fair play to her.:yes:

Cheers Tony.

Hi tony , aye she is a good old bird and has the patients of a saint but hey staying we me must help :yes:aye am sure she will find something, she will probaly get work before me:skeptical:cheers stevie

I'd be very scared if I were you saying she's an old bird. Does she know you're on the computer all by yourself?:wink:

At 45, she's not old. She's probably got more skill in her little finger than most younger women. There is a trend to employ older people because of their tolerance, experience, fact that they've done most of their travelling and had their families, etc. She probably has more job options going for her than ever before.

What would she like to do?

No sure pal , as a say she is very laid back so wud try anything a suppose , she reckons all her time will be spent building the new nest when we first arrive and no she never goes on computer and never showed any interest in Poms in Oz:shocked: Cheers stevie

No sure pal , as a say she is very laid back so wud try anything a suppose , she reckons all her time will be spent building the new nest when we first arrive and no she never goes on computer and never showed any interest in Poms in Oz:shocked: Cheers stevie

Bunnings DIY. They are like B & Q here. They used to campaign for older staff because they could rely on them. Have a look

Join Our Team - Bunnings Warehouse

Guest siamsusie

Stevie g'day my friend.

Government of Western Australia - Training

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Career Centre - Workforce Development Centres

Workforce Development Centres

Workforce Development Centres can help you at any point in your life to make choices about your career and training options.

Visit or phone your local Workforce Development Centre for:

• individual career guidance;
  • training course information;
  • information about financial assistance for training courses;
  • local job market information;
  • referrals to training providers and other services;
  • access to online career development resources and tools;
  • workshops to help you in your job search.

It would be good for Mrs E to investigate all possibilities my friend.

love Susie x

jeezo sussie you are some wealth o info ma cyber freind, as for ma boys being a slater ?:no: :biglaugh:they have both been we me on the roofs and we had a ball :biglaugh: but the lads winna be doing it for a job thank god inaw. Was just wanting some ideas for Mrs E , a wud like her to be a nurse but a think its the thought o her in the uniform that's mare appealing. Mrs E will do what she wants ats for sure cause she is a stubborn woman like most of you gals. Saying that al try her to look at that sussie along with the rest of the suggestions. thanks stevie:hug:

Guest treesea

If your OH still felt like cooking, a possibility would be working in an old people's home. Or maybe doing a commercial cooking course at a tafe (college). They have full time ones that go for 13 weeks. People who do those courses tend to be well regarded when it comes to getting work. Well, that used to be the case at least, six or seven years ago.

If your OH still felt like cooking, a possibility would be working in an old people's home. Or maybe doing a commercial cooking course at a tafe (college). They have full time ones that go for 13 weeks. People who do those courses tend to be well regarded when it comes to getting work. Well, that used to be the case at least, six or seven years ago.
Thanks treesea, working in an old peoples home was mentioned to her before and she seemed keen enough to do it, shes got a very caring nature has the Mrs E:yes:

Guest Guest 47403
Stevie g'day my friend.

Government of Western Australia - Training

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Career Centre - Workforce Development Centres

Workforce Development Centres

Workforce Development Centres can help you at any point in your life to make choices about your career and training options.

Visit or phone your local Workforce Development Centre for:

• individual career guidance;

• training course information;

• information about financial assistance for training courses;

• local job market information;

• referrals to training providers and other services;

• access to online career development resources and tools;

• workshops to help you in your job search.

It would be good for Mrs E to investigate all possibilities my friend.

love Susie x

You are a little goldmine of information Susie.