register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Pempoul

Driving instructor: skills assessment

Guest Pempoul

Does anybody know who would be the skills assessment body for a Driving Instructor?.

I have trawled through so many pages but I am not sure if it will come under transport or teaching.

It looks like Driving instructors are classed as Priority in WA.

Hi, my OH is a driving instructor. I couldnt find much info so rang australia house to enquire and was told it wasnt a skill to get you into Oz as they drive on the opposite side of the road over there. Dont know if this is of any help. If you find any ifo can you let me know.

thanks

Guest siamsusie
Hi, my OH is a driving instructor. I couldnt find much info so rang australia house to enquire and was told it wasnt a skill to get you into Oz as they drive on the opposite side of the road over there. Dont know if this is of any help. If you find any ifo can you let me know.

thanks

Australia drives on the same side as the UK.:wubclub:

Susie x

You can't find anything on skills assessment for Driving Instructors bacause I'm afraid the occupation is simply not eligible for any kind of visa. Driving Instructor (ANZSCO code 451211) isn't even listed on the list of occupations eligible for subclass 457 temporary employer sponsored visas and that is the longest and most inclusive list of all.

I very much doubt if the fact that it isn't eligible has anything to do with the side of the road we drive on though. No driving type jobs are eligible and over here, Driving Instructor is not regarded as being a particularly skilled occupation - certainly not one for which we would need to bring workers from overseas.

The list that talks about WAs priorities is an oldish list that is unrelated to immigration. The occupation is definitely not on WA's State Migration Plan - it wouldn't be eligible because it doesn't appear on Schedule 4 which is the list from which the states can make up their SMP lists.

Well its on the SMP list for WA now and yes its on the main list as a group D occupation. Just try looking

does anybody know who would be the skills assessment body for a driving instructor?.

I have trawled through so many pages but i am not sure if it will come under transport or teaching.

It looks like driving instructors are classed as priority in wa.

vetassess

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Before you go too far down the track, have you made enquiries as to the realistic earnings of a driving instructor? I don't mean by the hour, I mean by the week. It is not difficult to qualify as a driving instructor here and it may be that people who live in Perth cannot afford to work as driving instructors as Perth is a very expensive place to live. I'm not trying to be negative, it is just that emigrating is very expensive to come to a job that is not well paid.

Well its on the SMP list for WA now and yes its on the main list as a group D occupation. Just try looking

This OP originally posted this question 2 years ago.

Hey Pempoul

I know it's been a long time ago but did you find out something about it? If you did can you describe whole process please. Many thanks.

Hey Pempoul

I know it's been a long time ago but did you find out something about it? If you did can you describe whole process please. Many thanks.

Its vetasses who do the driving instructor job.They took over 4 months to do an assesment. its all. on their web pages.