State Sponsor - how long will it take

Hi, just wondering if anyone who has recently got their sponsor, and how long it took?? We are hoping any day now to apply for SS then the 176 visa, however my hubby has still to sit the IELTS this month and would like to know if someone has lodged their application for SS without having sat the IELTS???

arghh.gif Really hope someone is able to give us some advice, as not sure whether to do it on our own before the dreaded July or go through an agent (even thought the immi.gov website stated they would not speed up the process)!! Help is needed err.gif

Hi Helena,

I applied for SS and am now in my 5th week of waiting for a response :mad:

I have seen other posts that people have put on saying they got a response with in a week!!

My agent told me that I should expect to hear back within 4-6 weeks so fingers crossed should be any day now. I didn't need the IELTS so I am not sure if this was quite the answer you needed but it gives you an idea of time scale.

Hi, thanks for your information. We have basically been told 6 weeks but if it was sooner that would be great. Hubby has date for IELTS but it is later than we hoped

:(( so as soon as we get the results we will send the SS as we have it filled out and then will do the same with the visa. Have you heard anything about that do you know if you get it in B4 the 1st July it will still be expected?? Good luck with yours hope you get a reply soon and you can let me know the exact waiting time:biggrin:

Hi Helena,

I haven't heard anything regarding the July situation but I'm sure everything will process as normal.

Strangely enough about 3 hours after I had responded to your thread I received a email from my agent with my State Sponsorship for WA :jiggy:

It was lodged on the 1st February, so it took around 5 and a 1/2 weeks, so right on target I guess.

I think you worry more because you want to go so bad, I think it is best to try and stay calm although I know its hard hehe!

Hope all goes well and Good Luck!

Guest dentytd

hi, i read your first post saying you wanted to apply for a 176 visa, is this a state sponsored by any chance? cheers

Oh congrats to you, you must be thrilled, hope your visa results arrive quick too. Yeah trying to keep calm just sooooo much still to do hope I will have some good news to share soon also, Have a good weekend

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi Helena

We applied 15 Feb. I had to call them a few days after because our TRA letter did not attach to the application. I was told on the phone it would take 2-4 weeks but closer to the 4 week mark. We are 4 weeks on Tuesday so hopefully any day (although given one from 1 Feb has only just been granted I am not hopeful that it will be before end of March!!!!).

Good luck with your application

Donna xx

if your ielts is a requirement for the SS you will need to wait until you have sat the exam, got your results, they will not entertain any applications without the ielts result. Iam in the same boat cannot sit my ielts till 19/3/11 then its a 2 week wait for the results!!! so the earliest i can apply for ss if i get the pass i need is the beginning of april.

Visa Applied 25/5/11, GRANTED 16/9/11 Now Living the Dream In Perth:jiggy:

Hi Donna

Hope you do hear soon, let me know how you get on, we can't do much until this blooming IELTS is out the way , which seems soooo long away :eek:

Good luck

Guest travelsparks

Okay it took us 4 weeks to get our state sponsorship and then 20days after apply for our 176 to get a CO, hope that helps

Okay it took us 4 weeks to get our state sponsorship and then 20days after apply for our 176 to get a CO, hope that helps

Hya, thanks for that lets hope ours goes as smoothly as yours :biggrin:

Guest nurse73

Hi all

Can you advise re 176 form on line - says you do not need IELTS test if you are applying using your UK passport and just to enter 6 on all levels - but then it asks you for a date you passed your test! Help what do we put, as my hubby has been told just to use passport and does not need to take test!

thanks Babs

Hi all

Can you advise re 176 form on line - says you do not need IELTS test if you are applying using your UK passport and just to enter 6 on all levels - but then it asks you for a date you passed your test! Help what do we put, as my hubby has been told just to use passport and does not need to take test!

thanks Babs

Hi Babs

My OH had to sit the IELTS due to Professionals listing for WA, have heard all nurses need to sit it, so I take it with your user name you are a nurse, it is only the main applicant that sits it anyway. Hope this helps

Guest Hermann

state sponsorship shouldn't take long at all....they have processing times of a max 4 weeks at the moment, much shorter if you "ask them nicely" :biggrin:

they really are very helpful normally at the SBDC

good luck

state sponsorship shouldn't take long at all....they have processing times of a max 4 weeks at the moment, much shorter if you "ask them nicely" :biggrin:

good luck

That's good news, maybe bribe them LOL!!

Guest Sandisonsonthemove
state sponsorship shouldn't take long at all....they have processing times of a max 4 weeks at the moment, much shorter if you "ask them nicely"

good luck

4 Weeks tomorrow and still nothing apart from an email received 2 weeks ago stating 'application is being assessed'. Oh well keep waiting getting good at that :wink:

What will be will be but I think if it is approved the whole world will hear my celebration.:jiggy:

Donna xx