register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest36762

Milk! a poll

Are you pleased that milk is now only $2 for 2L?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you pleased that milk is now only $2 for 2L?

• YES: it's about bloody time the supermarkets woke up and stopped ripping consumers off
    • NO: it's not giving the farmers and their families a 'FAIR GO'

Guest guest36762

Milk currently $2 at coles....

is this a good thing?

Guest chris955

The problem is we all want to pay less for everything, that is natural but it is the farmers who will suffer long term. Apparently we have lost something like 50% of dairy farmers in the last few years and this wont help that. It is a double edged sword I'm afraid.

I don't think $2 is good either Harpo, although I know some people who do it a bit tough financially, and they are buying the milk, and I don't blame them, they are only trying to look after their own family and can't see the farmers debate etc. For me, I am loyal to a brand of milk I like, which isn't that much more costly, so I decide to spend my money on that particular milk. I do tend to pay more for some of the things I like, mostly staples etc, like bread, milk etc, and go without other things. I'd rather pay a bit extra for the milk than have a pack of biscuits, so make that saving there. I have family in Gippsland here in Victoria, and like to support the products that come from that area, which are fabulous ! (milk, cheese etc)

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams