How Can My son join us?

Guest Coxy04

Guest Coxy04

Hi,

After some advice please. Our situation is as follows. I'm a nurse, OH painter decorator, currently waiting for 176 Vic SS visa, lodged early 2011. Me and hubby plus 4,6 & 16 yr old travelling on my visa. Daughter, 19, born in Queensland, has Oz passport & currently waiting for citizenship certificate to be issued, also travelling with us to Geelong, Victoria. All heading out as soon as visa issued, hoping for August-December 2011.

Son is coming up 24, working full time and owns own property, works in IT as systems programmer, with 5 years job experience with same company, 6 years this May. He has usual secondary school education, and few qualifications in IT, some microsoft modules completed for certificate.

How can we get him out with us, what options do we have and which is fastest route. We think we may be able to sponsor him on last remaining relative visa? Or could my 19 year old daughter with Oz visa sponsor him in any capacity. And if so, does she have to wait until she's out there or could process be started now? If we sponsor him, do we have to have been out there for certain amount of time? How long?

Would really appreciate any advice on the above.

Hi,

After some advice please. Our situation is as follows. I'm a nurse, OH painter decorator, currently waiting for 176 Vic SS visa, lodged early 2011. Me and hubby plus 4,6 & 16 yr old travelling on my visa. Daughter, 19, born in Queensland, has Oz passport & currently waiting for citizenship certificate to be issued, also travelling with us to Geelong, Victoria. All heading out as soon as visa issued, hoping for August-December 2011.

Son is coming up 24, working full time and owns own property, works in IT as systems programmer, with 5 years job experience with same company, 6 years this May. He has usual secondary school education, and few qualifications in IT, some microsoft modules completed for certificate.

How can we get him out with us, what options do we have and which is fastest route. We think we may be able to sponsor him on last remaining relative visa? Or could my 19 year old daughter with Oz visa sponsor him in any capacity. And if so, does she have to wait until she's out there or could process be started now? If we sponsor him, do we have to have been out there for certain amount of time? How long?

I suggest you put the full facts of your case to a registered migration agent for an assessment.

Hi,

Whoever sponsors your son would need to be 'settled' in Australia, normally a period of 2 years. I do know the Remaining Relative Visa is taking quite a while to process now, some agents are talking years.

I don't think your son would be eligible for a child visa, which doesn't mention the settled requirement, as he is not dependant on you.

Child Visa (Subclass 101)

Another option might be the 176 Family sponsored but he would need to be on the Skilled Occupations list I believe.

He could possibly come out on a Working Holiday visa, which will allow him a year in Australia, and if he works in agriculture for 3 monts, eg grape picking, this will allow him a second WHV. This would give you some time to sort out other options. I would speak to an agent who would be able to offer professional advice as it's not straightforward.

Archived