LouiseS

Subclass 300??

Hi guys, been a while since i posted and needing some advice from anyone who has applied for a subclass 300. Just got back from my trip to Oz to see my OH and now have a lovely sparkler on my finger :yes::cute: As me and my Fiance haven't lived together for 12 months, i will need to apply for the prospective marriage visa. Now i have the forms and have read all the info but it is quite confusing with regards to the information required. So many questions but i will try and condense

1) the sponsor form - will my Fiance have to return the form and all his documents to me to be sent with mine or can he send it direct from Australia? and does anyone know where he has to get his documents certified?

2) The statements from family and friends - does it have to be family or can it just be friends as there is some family conflict :frown:

3) the police check and medical - am i best getting it all done before i apply or when asked?

4) the supporting evidence - will skype conversations, emails, phone bills be sufficient as well as my flight info and piccies of us together?

5) where do i have to get my documents certified? apologies if this is on the form/website but i don't seem to be able to find the info

and finally

6) the statement by 2 australian citizens - can that be combined with his family/friend statements or does it have to be done by different people?

i'm sure i will be asking more questions as it is quite daunting doing something so important by myself :eek: thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

PR granted June 2015 - Awaiting clearance from DIAC for citizenship application ~~~~ June 2016 come at me :biglaugh:

thanks for the links :) still jetlagged as i have only been home a day so maybe i should re read once i am jetlag free and have fresh eyes :biglaugh:

PR granted June 2015 - Awaiting clearance from DIAC for citizenship application ~~~~ June 2016 come at me :biglaugh:

I always get worse jetlag on the return trip to the UK. Maybe it's because the flight is all uphill :wink:

I always get worse jetlag on the return trip to the UK. Maybe it's because the flight is all uphill :wink:

i reckon so :laugh:

but back to my dilema ....... I have had a look through the migration booklet and if anything it has just confused me even more .. if that's possible :laugh: Question 1 i had has now been answered, as was Question 2, 4 and 5. The confusing part is now with regarding the statutory declarations from 2 australian citizens. Does this have to be like from a solicitor and jp for example or can it just be 2 individuals who are aware of the relationship and our intentions and does it have to be witnessed as it doesn't seem to be very clear in the booklet.

The Australian stat decs can be from anybody (friends/family/employer/landlord) who can speak to your relationship. The stat decs need to be witnessed (in Australia) by a JP, solicitor etc. the full list (and more info) is on the stat dec form: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

The Australian stat decs can be from anybody (friends/family/employer/landlord) who can speak to your relationship. The stat decs need to be witnessed (in Australia) by a JP, solicitor etc. the full list (and more info) is on the stat dec form: www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

thanks ever so much for the help :) it's much appreciated :jiggy:

Guest DaneD

I applied for the Subclass 300 a couple of weeks ago. I met my partner while on a working holiday in Oz. My case officer has asked me to obtain an Australian Police check because of the time I spent there (18 months in total). If you guys met in similar circumstances I would advise you to get the Oz police check too. Just saves a little messing around after you have applied.

Guest sherrie

I am looking to start applying for my subclass 300, have concerns on wether to seek a solicitors help or is it simple enough to do by myself, from what i have read so far, most of the information gathering is done by the applicant anyway, any advice would be appreciated:biggrin:

Some general advise regarding the number of statements from friends/family and pics and what not: the more you provide the better. Remember, you want something from DIAC and it is up to you to prove that what you are claiming is good. I have done several PR/Visa applications in my life and they always went to straight approval. Provide all the phone bills, lovey dovey emails, holiday photos, joint itineraries, receipts of your stays, receipt if your engagement ring... Get some supporting letters from some official figures - the mayor, JP, boss who knows of your relationship. I am not saying you need all of this but if you provide quite a bit of this you'll find your application will be a straight forward approval.

Regarding meds and police checks: you need to enter Australia within the 12 months of whatever was issued first I think. DIAC recommends to wait until you have been allocated a CO but if you are after a direct approval you can get it done now.

Good luck.

From 175 application to citizen in just under 5 years.