Best removal firm to UK

SussexBear

Guest megapixel

I can only recommend them secondhand after someone on here said they had a good experience with them. I have found their quote to be higher but they seemed more professional than the others I have spoken to. Good luck with the move.

Guest vintage

Have used one mentioned here and am not overly impressed with how it was packed..will just have to wait and see if it all arrives ok,but I do have my doubts, plus if we had not double checked they had packed it all some would have been left behind.

Guest suerowe

No, can't help you there, but our stuff is being stored by Kent and their quote to UK seems OK. Be interested to hear what folk say. A quick look at the paperwork required was scary.

• 2 years later...
Just had three quotes done for 20ft from Melbourne to Wiltshire - Kent cheapest at $7,300 including all packing materials, next was close but charging for packing materials and last Crown at $1000 more. HTH.

Hi just noticed you are in Melbourne and returning to wiltshire....we are in Perth and maybe returning to wiltshire! How long have you been in Melbourne? We have been in perth since January 2012...would love to hear your comments?

Hi just noticed you are in Melbourne and returning to wiltshire....we are in Perth and maybe returning to wiltshire! How long have you been in Melbourne? We have been in perth since January 2012...would love to hear your comments?

We've been in Melbourne a year now. We were in Christchurch, NZ for eight years but had to leave after the earthquakes (son has Aspergers and wasn't coping with the ongoing rumbles). To be honest we loved Christchurch but being ex-army and having travelled a lot felt the move here would be a good one. We checked out Perth, Adelaide the Gold Coast and here and felt Melbourne would suit us better climate wise and for work opportunities.

It hasn't worked out as planned, school has been a nightmare and we have found out that having spent $7,000 on orthodontic work to fix a collapsing jaw or son has a growth disorder and needs more tests, treatment and surgery. None of which we can afford privately and to be honest it is a bit of a battle with the public health system. We are Kiwi and UK citizens but not permanent residents here so get no help from the government, which is fine, but we are earning next to nothing and are eating through savings trying to do the best for him. We had to make the decision to either go back to NZ or the UK and settled for the UK as we feel work opportunities are better for us there than NZ at the moment and we are hopeful that educationally and medically we will find better outcomes for our son.

It has been a hard 9 years without any support network too so I'm looking forward to having some family around to help. We have also discovered that we are not really city folks and find it hard to deal with stressed out city types! The weather in Melbourne has not been great and while I can cope with the cold I hate the cold houses. Even now sat here with heating blasting but it's just going out the walls and windows, so have a blanket over me! The long term plan is to go back to Christchurch to retire as we feel it is a place we would happily see out our final days, that's if it's rebuilt by then - lol.

Mum and Dad are in Devizes and we left Corsham 9 years ago so are heading back that way initially but have to sort jobs out first so could end up anywhere! We have found a holiday home for three weeks but will be homeless for Christmas if I don't sort something out soon.... Oh the joys of moving!....

Did you only plan on being in Perth for a short time or is not for you? It didn't appeal to me when we visited, some lovely places to visit but couldn't see myself in the suburban sprawl and couldn't afford the areas closer in. Good luck either way. We leave on the 29th November so not long now for us.

We've been in Melbourne a year now. We were in Christchurch, NZ for eight years but had to leave after the earthquakes (son has Aspergers and wasn't coping with the ongoing rumbles). To be honest we loved Christchurch but being ex-army and having travelled a lot felt the move here would be a good one. We checked out Perth, Adelaide the Gold Coast and here and felt Melbourne would suit us better climate wise and for work opportunities.

It hasn't worked out as planned, school has been a nightmare and we have found out that having spent $7,000 on orthodontic work to fix a collapsing jaw or son has a growth disorder and needs more tests, treatment and surgery. None of which we can afford privately and to be honest it is a bit of a battle with the public health system. We are Kiwi and UK citizens but not permanent residents here so get no help from the government, which is fine, but we are earning next to nothing and are eating through savings trying to do the best for him. We had to make the decision to either go back to NZ or the UK and settled for the UK as we feel work opportunities are better for us there than NZ at the moment and we are hopeful that educationally and medically we will find better outcomes for our son.

It has been a hard 9 years without any support network too so I'm looking forward to having some family around to help. We have also discovered that we are not really city folks and find it hard to deal with stressed out city types! The weather in Melbourne has not been great and while I can cope with the cold I hate the cold houses. Even now sat here with heating blasting but it's just going out the walls and windows, so have a blanket over me! The long term plan is to go back to Christchurch to retire as we feel it is a place we would happily see out our final days, that's if it's rebuilt by then - lol.

Mum and Dad are in Devizes and we left Corsham 9 years ago so are heading back that way initially but have to sort jobs out first so could end up anywhere! We have found a holiday home for three weeks but will be homeless for Christmas if I don't sort something out soon.... Oh the joys of moving!....

Did you only plan on being in Perth for a short time or is not for you? It didn't appeal to me when we visited, some lovely places to visit but couldn't see myself in the suburban sprawl and couldn't afford the areas closer in. Good luck either way. We leave on the 29th November so not long now for us.

What a small world! We have a house in Derry Hill and have friends in devizes and have family in Patney...we have been here 2 years in Jan...we came over with my hubby's employer but he has since left and has another position now......you don't need to tell me about teeth!....our 9 year old has endless work and needs braces and so does our younger daughter.....dreading it...we have found academic learning awful and both have fallen behind however have gained other skills socially which I know they wouldn't have in a village school...that's why we feel now could be the right time to return.....I don't want to say too much on here but if you wanted to chat more and get off your chest, I'll send you my email address, I can imagine you are putting your son first and as parents we want to do what's best and I can't stand all these saying about "better" life....the sunshine doesn't grow you money and you still have to live!...we were freezing this winter too, our rental is like living in a caravan!hot water bottles and blankets!!

Archived