Plastering in Brisbane

Guest Jonowatson

Guest Jonowatson

Hi

This is my first post on PIO and I have been reading other threads and have found this site really helpful.

I am a fully qualified plasterer with a NVQ 2 and 3. I am hoping to start my visa application in the next few days and wondered what the job situation for plasterers is like in Brisbane.

I am applying under subclass 176 as father in law lives in Brisbane and am aware that my qualification needs to be recognised by TRA. Will I need to do a practical test?

I have had enough of this cold weather and having been to Brisbane for 7 months before, want to go back!

Any feedback would be fantastic.

Cheers.

Hi they dont seem to do plastering here like in the UK. No real wet skimming etc ,it seems to be a case of boards up, seal the joints and paint. Its referred to as dry lining.

A few plaster's i know have branched into exterior cladding/plastering as this is popular in a lot of the newer built areas of Brisbane.

When you arrive i would just drive around and approach as many companys as you can in your line of work, approaching in person seems the best way to secure work. Maybe your dad could draw you up a list of companys from the white pages ready for when you arrive.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest Jonowatson

Hi cal, thanks for the reply.

I know it's a long way off but I'm getting excited now. We loved Brisbane the last time we were there. Do you know what the work situation is like and money. I think you're right tho see them in person is better than a phone call.

Thanks again

Jono

Guest humpy
Hi cal, thanks for the reply.

I know it's a long way off but I'm getting excited now. We loved Brisbane the last time we were there. Do you know what the work situation is like and money. I think you're right tho see them in person is better than a phone call.

Thanks again

Jono

There were quite a few jobs recently in Brisbane and Gold Coast papers asking for dry liners and plasterers, lots of properties damaged in floods are getting insurance work done. Have a look on seek.com.au or courier mail.com.au

Archived