Police checks how long???????

clanstewarts

Hi Shazza I spoke to our agent today as we've got 28 days to do everything and we're not doing our meds until middle of April but our agent said as long as we have a date for medical then thats fine you have to have booked an appt within the 28 days of getting a co!

Hi,

Sent ours Sat just gone (26th feb) on the 10 working day standard type. will update when we get it back!

-we havent had a confirmation email yet

Hi

just to let you all know, got ours back today - exactly 2 weeks (10 working days) from taking it to the post office.:cute:

Guest roymoody

Mine took 18 days, my wifes took 17 days from sending them (1/3) to receiving them back (18/3). I got an email on the 9th March saying they received mine on the 2nd (??!) and would be processing it. My wife didn't recieve any emails confirming receipt.

Police checks sorted, Medical booked for 30/3, still not applied to DIAC as not got my WA SS yet - I think I may have been a little TOO proactive on this !!

Roy

Police checks sorted, Medical booked for 30/3, still not applied to DIAC as not got my WA SS yet - I think I may have been a little TOO proactive on this !!

Roy

Yes, you need to validate your visa before your police checks expire (12 months after issue) so depending on how quickly DIAC process your application you may have to pay for another set of police checks and medicals.

My British Police Checks took 16 days from posting. Partners came a day later.

Still waiting for Australian Federal Police ones although did ring to check yesterday and they said they were in process. Thats 21 days so far.

Dutch Police checks 1 week to get form signed by Oz Embassy in the Hague and returned to me. Posted form on to COVOG in the Hague on 28.2 still waiting for the Certificate. :-)

Guest jackfrew

Posted police checks sent on 2/3/11 got delivered to our agent on 17/3/2011. I phoned them on Monday they said they are taking around 2 -3 weeks to process. Hope this helps.

Sharon,x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marcone

Hi,

can anyone tell me if a can send the police check and medical together with the 176 application to DIAC,or I have to wait until the CO asked for it.

Sorry to jump on this thread to, but has anybody had any experience of getting police checks from New Zealand please? A rough idea of how long it may take would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much :biggrin:

Hi Hevchick,

You prob already have your answer by now, but the NZ police checks take about 2 months at the mo. They are currently working on a backlog from the end of Feb and then it takes about 4 weeks from the date they start processing it.

However, if you need them asap, you can email them saying why its urgent with a copy of the form and ids and a cover letter. they can email them to you in colour which you can forward on to the DIAC without having to get them certified.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

does anyone here know how long it usually takes to get a visa grant after you have submitted all the requested furthr docs. Our co requested our PCCs on the 21/3/11, we submitted them on the 24/3/11 and haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Was wondering if, as they gave us 28 days to submit the information will they bother picking our file back up before this timefram has lapsed?

Thanks

Hi Hevchick,

You prob already have your answer by now, but the NZ police checks take about 2 months at the mo. They are currently working on a backlog from the end of Feb and then it takes about 4 weeks from the date they start processing it.

However, if you need them asap, you can email them saying why its urgent with a copy of the form and ids and a cover letter. they can email them to you in colour which you can forward on to the DIAC without having to get them certified.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lena,

Thank you very very much for your advice, I didn't realise any of this. I stupidly posted the form to them on the 10th March. I phoned up the NZ Ministry of Justice last night to check that they'd received my form and was told that they couldn't tell me that as they receive 1500 a day!? I was then told it takes 20 days for them to process it from the date it's been received but they are not able to tell me if it's been received so I have no idea if they are doing it or if it's floating about in the international mail! :shocked:Apparently I could fax it to them which would speed it up although I'm not sure by how much as I'm guessing that if I fax it tomorrow it'll be faxed back or posted to me in 20 days time! If I realised all this when I posted it I would have faxed it unfortunately I misread the web page that said "Please forward the original application form only, as we are unable to accept faxed applications unless you have specific arrangements with the Ministry or reside overseas." - :arghh: I'm such a wally!

Emailing it to them would be a much better option for me as we don't have a fax and using the work one would probably not be a good idea as no one knows we're off to OZ. Do you happen to have their email address? I'd be very grateful if you could send it me please. Would I need to ask them in advance if I can email it to them? It's a shame the guy I spoke to on the phone last night didn't mention this to me. Many thanks in advance. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my original post, I'm very grateful :wubclub: Hev x

Hi Lena,

Thank you very very much for your advice, I didn't realise any of this. I stupidly posted the form to them on the 10th March. I phoned up the NZ Ministry of Justice last night to check that they'd received my form and was told that they couldn't tell me that as they receive 1500 a day!? I was then told it takes 20 days for them to process it from the date it's been received but they are not able to tell me if it's been received so I have no idea if they are doing it or if it's floating about in the international mail! :shocked:Apparently I could fax it to them which would speed it up although I'm not sure by how much as I'm guessing that if I fax it tomorrow it'll be faxed back or posted to me in 20 days time! If I realised all this when I posted it I would have faxed it unfortunately I misread the web page that said "Please forward the original application form only, as we are unable to accept faxed applications unless you have specific arrangements with the Ministry or reside overseas." - :arghh: I'm such a wally!

Emailing it to them would be a much better option for me as we don't have a fax and using the work one would probably not be a good idea as no one knows we're off to OZ. Do you happen to have their email address? I'd be very grateful if you could send it me please. Would I need to ask them in advance if I can email it to them? It's a shame the guy I spoke to on the phone last night didn't mention this to me. Many thanks in advance. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my original post, I'm very grateful :wubclub: Hev x

OMG that is pretty much exactly what happened to me when I called. We had been given 28 days by our co to submit our nz pccs and I thought that should be fine as I had posted off the forms from Oz over a month previously. When I called to chase up where they were at I was told that they were working off a certain backlog date over a month ago and that it would take four weeks from the date of processing. So I asked them to confirm when they have received them and they said it was impossible as they don't go on to their system until the date they start processing them. I was told that I should have faxed them, but like you, I had followed the instructions on their webpage.

The lady was so rude and so unhelpful, I ended up hanging up on her and ringing back again, the next lady I got was a bit more polite but just as unhelpful. I was so frustrated by the whole ordeal and a bit upset that I might miss out on the 28 day time frame that I wrote them a big long email explaining my situation to a generic email address and literally within minutes I got a reply stating that if they were urgent, fill out the forms again with copies of ids and email them to them with a cover note saying why they were urgent.

If you want to receive them back via email you have to give a signed instruction from all applicants in the cover letter to get them sent via email in colour. We got ours the very next day.

The phone people were useless, the email people were excellent and really exceeded our expectations. There email address is privacy@justice.govt.nz

Keep my posted on how you get on.

OMG that is pretty much exactly what happened to me when I called. We had been given 28 days by our co to submit our nz pccs and I thought that should be fine as I had posted off the forms from Oz over a month previously. When I called to chase up where they were at I was told that they were working off a certain backlog date over a month ago and that it would take four weeks from the date of processing. So I asked them to confirm when they have received them and they said it was impossible as they don't go on to their system until the date they start processing them. I was told that I should have faxed them, but like you, I had followed the instructions on their webpage.

The lady was so rude and so unhelpful, I ended up hanging up on her and ringing back again, the next lady I got was a bit more polite but just as unhelpful. I was so frustrated by the whole ordeal and a bit upset that I might miss out on the 28 day time frame that I wrote them a big long email explaining my situation to a generic email address and literally within minutes I got a reply stating that if they were urgent, fill out the forms again with copies of ids and email them to them with a cover note saying why they were urgent.

If you want to receive them back via email you have to give a signed instruction from all applicants in the cover letter to get them sent via email in colour. We got ours the very next day.

The phone people were useless, the email people were excellent and really exceeded our expectations. There email address is privacy@justice.govt.nz

Keep my posted on how you get on.

Hi Lena,

Thank you for your swift reply. I sent them an email last night but using the email for Christchurch residents (felt very guilty) explaining my situation, posting it etc like you said and I apologised for using that email address and hey presto! got a reply 2 hours later saying that they'd process it in the next 2-3days and exactly what you've said about the signed letter for requesting a colour copy to be emailed to me! :jiggy:

I'm so glad :biggrin: that you replied to me even though I'd posted that post a while ago (I even got told to start a new thread!). I would probably be none the wiser so very, very grateful to you indeed :yes:. Here's a big hug :hug: to say thanks (reminds me of the time some nice guy reversed my car out a ditch for me - I really wanted to hug him!). Thank you again :wubclub:

Heather x

Hi Lena,

Thank you for your swift reply. I sent them an email last night but using the email for Christchurch residents (felt very guilty) explaining my situation, posting it etc like you said and I apologised for using that email address and hey presto! got a reply 2 hours later saying that they'd process it in the next 2-3days and exactly what you've said about the signed letter for requesting a colour copy to be emailed to me! :jiggy:

I'm so glad :biggrin: that you replied to me even though I'd posted that post a while ago (I even got told to start a new thread!). I would probably be none the wiser so very, very grateful to you indeed :yes:. Here's a big hug :hug: to say thanks (reminds me of the time some nice guy reversed my car out a ditch for me - I really wanted to hug him!). Thank you again :wubclub:

Heather x

No worries Heather,

Have gotten so much information from PIO, it's great to actually give some back. I only wish I'd seen your post sooner then you'd have your PCCs back by now.

Best of luck with the visa

xxx

Lena

Hi guys,

does anyone here know how long it usually takes to get a visa grant after you have submitted all the requested furthr docs. Our co requested our PCCs on the 21/3/11, we submitted them on the 24/3/11 and haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Was wondering if, as they gave us 28 days to submit the information will they bother picking our file back up before this timefram has lapsed?

Thanks

Hi lena,

I've been told it could be a wait of 3 weeks but I think some people have got their's the next day after uploading the PCCs if that's the last document required. It swings in roundabouts! I'm sure you'll get an answer soon. I've got my NZ PC now, I'm a very happy girl :biggrin:.

Cheers and good luck with your visa Hev x

Archived