Police checks how long???????

clanstewarts

I'm just sorting these now. Would anyone be able to tell me what happens to the cert? Does it come back to me an I forward it to immi or does it go to them directly? If so, what address did you put down as the delivery address? Cheers.

You get it send back to yourself.

Guest smithys

Hi,

Ours took just over 2 weeks in all - standard service.

They get sent back to your home address and then you can upload to your application (in our case we sent them to our agent who uploaded for us).

Best wishes x

Hi guys, sorry to jump on your thread Ken but ive been given 28 days to get meds, pc etc sorted as you probably have too, does anyone know if that means we need to get the police checks back to me & then forward them off to my agent in that time? Im just deciding whether to do express or standard on these?

Ours took 3 weeks 3 days in total from me sending it off. We used the standard service and received an email on the Friday to confirm they had received them and were processing.

To Shaza - we have used and agent, with our police checks we had them sent back to our house, scanned them in and uploaded them to the DIAC site and emailed a copy to our agent. DISC confirmed this was sufficient last week. So i still hold the originals.

Guest smithys
Hi guys, sorry to jump on your thread Ken but ive been given 28 days to get meds, pc etc sorted as you probably have too, does anyone know if that means we need to get the police checks back to me & then forward them off to my agent in that time? Im just deciding whether to do express or standard on these?

Hiya,

I would say you definitely need to get them ALL back to your agent to be uplaoded to your application for your CO.

You can apply for an extension in some certain circumstances I think.

However you should be able to get them all back within this timeframe if you get your PC's sent off for ASAP.

Standard service seems to be an average of 2 weeks, so you need to allow for that.

Lots of luck x

Guest Guest31881

Police checks on the standard service are supposed to take ten WORKING days from the day they receive them.. you have to add, two days postage to send and two days postage to return. So if you post on a Monday, they get them Tuesday, do not count the weekend, and allow 2 days to post back. So normally its 14 to 17 days, depending when posted.

Guest MERMAID

Be thankful you dont have to wait on Thailand Police Checks - I have been waiting 6 weeks already and its the last bit of paperwork i need!!! :arghh:

Our 28 days is nearly up and our police checks are not back yet. We did get a confirmation email to say they had recieved them and forwarded this to our agent to show co that they have been applied for as they can take upto 6 weeks we have been told. This is sufficient and told to send police checks as soon as we get them.

Guest MERMAID
Our 28 days is nearly up and our police checks are not back yet. We did get a confirmation email to say they had recieved them and forwarded this to our agent to show co that they have been applied for as they can take upto 6 weeks we have been told. This is sufficient and told to send police checks as soon as we get them.

My Uk police checks arrived quickly but my OH's still hadn't arrived 2 weeks later. A quick call to them and they confirmed that they had been sent out at the same time but his must have got lost in the post. They would not regard them as 'lost' for 28 days so we just paid an extra GBP5.00 to get another printed and sent - arrived a week later :-) (we are in Australia already) If time isn't an issue then not to worry but just give them a quick call if you want to get them sorted sooner rather than later.

Sorry to jump on this thread to, but has anybody had any experience of getting police checks from New Zealand please? A rough idea of how long it may take would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much :biggrin:
You might be better off starting a new thread to ask this as most who will read this will be concerned about the UK police checks. Just a thought

You might be better off starting a new thread to ask this as most who will read this will be concerned about the UK police checks. Just a thought

Thanks Gaz. I'd thought I'd be cheeky and give it ago as there may be a few other brits who have spent 12 months plus in NZ :wink:

We sent ours off on 16th Feb, standard service as we weren't having our meds until 1/3. Thought that would give us loads of time as we sent guaranteed delivery so they got them on 17th Feb. We got an email to say they had been received on 22nd Feb (not sure what's happened to them from 17th till 22nd). 10 working days would take us to 8th March at the latest. I have emailed and not heard anything back (as 10 days from 17th is 3rd March, which has been and gone). We have been gutted everytime the post has been as we then know we'll be waiting again.

Meds now showing on system, so police checks are our last thing.

My OH keeps saying this process will teach me patience - he's still waiting!!!! I'm driving everyone crazy and our visa only went in in November.

We sent ours off on 16th Feb, standard service as we weren't having our meds until 1/3. Thought that would give us loads of time as we sent guaranteed delivery so they got them on 17th Feb. We got an email to say they had been received on 22nd Feb (not sure what's happened to them from 17th till 22nd). 10 working days would take us to 8th March at the latest. I have emailed and not heard anything back (as 10 days from 17th is 3rd March, which has been and gone). We have been gutted everytime the post has been as we then know we'll be waiting again.

Meds now showing on system, so police checks are our last thing.

My OH keeps saying this process will teach me patience - he's still waiting!!!! I'm driving everyone crazy and our visa only went in in November.

Got our police checks through today 9/3/11. From sending took 21days!!!!! Uploaded tonight, the last thing we need for our visa (hopefully). :policeman:

Hi

Just to let you all know i spoke to the ACPO yesterday because i sent mine off on 26th Feb and still hadnt heard anything and cheque hadnt been cashed.

Anyway they informed me there 10 days behind because they have had lots of applications thru recently. So he informed me its 10 days behind, plus 10 days that it takes to process plue 2 -5 days postage....so can be upto 27 days in total

i did get confirmation today they recieved my application so not sure if its 10 days from now or if i will get it soon?

Thank

Archived