Quantity surveying / contract administration jobs in Perth?

Guest lukeprospect

Guest lukeprospect

Me and my wife are moving to Perth from the UK in July.

I'm still undertaking my degree but have 10 years experience in both public and private sector construction since leaving school.

Anyone know any decent contractors or agencies I could contact about work? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Hi Lukeprospect,

I am planning to move to Perth early next year & would be seeking MC QS work upon arrival.

Is there actually a demand for QS atm? Is it difficult finding work & which is the best route to do so?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for all the Q's but could do with some honest advice about the current job market etc...

Cheers,

Dean.

Guest lukeprospect

Hi Dean,

There are a lot of Contract Admin (it's the Aussie equivalent to a mc qs) jobs being advertised on seek.com.au each day. I applied for a lot of jobs with contractors via agencies while I was still in the UK and was told there were companies interested but they'd rather wait til I was over to meet in person.

I eventually managed to get a job via a Skype interview for a commercial fit out company in the city.

My best advice would be to get in touch with a few recruiters and let them know your situation. Also, apply for anything you think you'd be interested in.

The main 'boom' sectors seem to be heavy civils and commercial fitout...

Put it this way, there is a hell of a lot more work than there is in the UK at the minute!

Hope that helps a bit.

Luke

Thanks for the info & prompt reply it's much appreciated.

Have you got any contact details for good construction agencies?

I have used the likes of Hays & Anderselite who have not been very helpful.

Thanks,

Dean.

Guest lukeprospect

I dealt with judd farris pretty extensively over email and phone before I came over. They were really helpful and good to deal with. Google their details. I dealt with a guy called Rob Ettrick.

Archived