Guest oakwell

AAT

Guest oakwell

i am looking at doing AAT qualifications and looking into accounting and wondered if they where recognised in australia.

Also in your opinion what qualifications would be quickest to take to get me into australia.

i know this is a weird post but i so want to move there and will re train to do so.

I hope you don't mind me asking but how old are you?

Do you have a degree already and what qualifications have you got already?

Look on the ACS website regarding accounting and what might be recognised.

Hope this helps, good luck

Hoping to move to OZ one day!!::daydreaming:

Guest oakwell

i am 34 married with 2 kids and i dont have a degree.

I dont have any real qualifications that i think will help but heres a list

7 GCSE's

nvq level 1 in business & finance

BTEC 1st diploma in Business & finance

Diploma in IT

Basic Food & hygiene

NVQ in industrial cleaning

Reachj Forklift truck licence

Level 2 NVQ in cust service.

I am currently a D.S.A.A.D.I (car) basically a driving instructor.

I know its a long shot but really want to change my life before its too late

Guest smarties
i am looking at doing AAT qualifications and looking into accounting and wondered if they where recognised in australia.

Also in your opinion what qualifications would be quickest to take to get me into australia.

i know this is a weird post but i so want to move there and will re train to do so.

The AAT qualification will not be enough to qualify for a visa, you need to be either CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified and accredited.

Immigration

This website gives lots of info for the accounting profession. I think they are the organisation who actually assess qualifications for immigration purposes.

The AAT qualification will not be enough to qualify for a visa, you need to be either CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified and accredited.

Immigration

This website gives lots of info for the accounting profession. I think they are the organisation who actually assess qualifications for immigration purposes.

Hi

Agree with Smarties as per the attached. My hubby did a 4 year degree course in Business Studies and then a 3 year course in Accounting (CIMA) The CIMA course is usually 4 years but hubby managed to do it in 3 years due to having the business studies degree. He says you may just be able to do the CIMA in 4 years but not sure what the pre-requisites are. Unfortunately there are no quick and easy routes.

Good luck with your quest!

Me, hubby and our two gorgeous girls.

Arrived in Australia 22nd March 2012

I am currently doing AAT level 3 (exempt from level 2 as have a management degree and have worked as an accountant). I would have thought if you wanted to do CIMA or something similar AAT may make you exempt from some papers perhaps - might speed it up a bit. Cant say for def but perhaps look into that?

Guest oakwell
I am currently doing AAT level 3 (exempt from level 2 as have a management degree and have worked as an accountant). I would have thought if you wanted to do CIMA or something similar AAT may make you exempt from some papers perhaps - might speed it up a bit. Cant say for def but perhaps look into that?

do you know anything about this

K01 - Professional Certificate in Accounting - Open University Qualification

it looks more accessable to do a OU course any ideas on if its anygood?

Guest smarties
do you know anything about this

K01 - Professional Certificate in Accounting - Open University Qualification

it looks more accessable to do a OU course any ideas on if its anygood?

It's probably an OK course for someone interested in accounting but IMO would be a waste of time for immigration purposes as it's only a certificate level qualification.

You can start at CIMA/ACCA Level 1 as a mature student but you are still looking at least 3 years before being qualified, more likely 4 if you are working full time. As a previous poster said, there is no quick route if you do not have the qualifications already.

When we originally decided to emigrate back in the 90's neither my OH or I had any qualifications. My OH retrained as an electrician and it took us 4 years to get to Oz. Once here I cemented my accounting experience with formal qualifications, but it took me 5 years. (I have kids and worked part time while studying).

You are only 34 though so have enough time to an Accredited Accounting qualification and apply for a visa.

CIMA - Chartered Institute of Management Accountants

ACCA UK

Good luck.

Guest oakwell
It's probably an OK course for someone interested in accounting but IMO would be a waste of time for immigration purposes as it's only a certificate level qualification.

You can start at CIMA/ACCA Level 1 as a mature student but you are still looking at least 3 years before being qualified, more likely 4 if you are working full time. As a previous poster said, there is no quick route if you do not have the qualifications already.

When we originally decided to emigrate back in the 90's neither my OH or I had any qualifications. My OH retrained as an electrician and it took us 4 years to get to Oz. Once here I cemented my accounting experience with formal qualifications, but it took me 5 years. (I have kids and worked part time while studying).

You are only 34 though so have enough time to an Accredited Accounting qualification and apply for a visa.

CIMA - Chartered Institute of Management Accountants

ACCA UK

Good luck.

thanks

can i start at cima level? or would i have to start with AAT?

Guest oakwell
Certificate in business accounting

Entry level for mature students with CIMA

thanks for that is it the same for ACCA can i start with that too and miss AAT out?

I am sorry for all the questions but really am finding it hard to find the right qualification that will help me.

Immigration

Just confirming what you say my husband has the AAT qualification and studied CIMA to qualify for a visa. My husband works in Brisbane and there is an abundance of work for accountants.

Guest oakwell

I have been looking into bothe cima and ACCA I think ACCA would be more in interesting to me does anyone know if there is a demand for ACCA accountants in oz?