kellynat

Suggestions of things to do in or near Sydney please

Hi there :)

My parents are coming to Oz for the first time in April this year.

We live in Mount Colah (North Sydney) and I am trying to get together a list of things we could do with them.

I'm looking for a mix of touristy, city, historic, nature, cuisine, beaches etc.

All suggestions very gratefully received. Ta

If you do as cdb suggests you could also visit Mudgee, and sample the mead, and go to Gulgong, an historic town which is on the $10 note. There's a fantastic little museum there as well as historic buildings including the Post Office Hotel.

You could take a trip to the Hunter Valley, beautiful area, and ofcourse the central coast is very close to you. I assume you don't need info on the City.

Guest gazandruth

In the city you should take them to the orbit bar for a drink.56 floors high and rotating the views of the city are spectacular. The Basin near Palm Beach is also great.it's a campsite which you can only access by ferry and there is a beautiful lagoon there to swim in full of sting rays.family orientated and really quiet and the lagoon is fenced off at one end so no concerns about sharks in there!!

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

I recently took my Mum (visiting from the UK) up the Pylon Lookout on the Harbour Bridge - 200 stairs and a fairly easy, staggered climb. There's a great view of the harbour, interesting history about the bridge, and you get to see people climbing the bridge too.

Also catching the ferry from Circular Quay to Watson's Bay for Fish and Chips is nice, as long as it's not mega busy.

Enjoy!

Come down to Canberra for the day or weekend (you can put them on a tour if you dont want to drive down). Everyone should visit the national capital at least once!

Guest littlesarah

The Blue Mountains are always spectacular, & April's not too hot. If you want a weekend or few days away, the Central Coast has some pretty waterways & great beaches. Not to mention the Australian Reptile Park (where they milk funnel webs for venom & are part of the breeding program to save Tasmanian Devils).

The Hunter Valley is great for a day or two of wine tasting, and sampling the produce on offer.

Or South to the Jervis Bay area, or further south to Mebourne, Gt Ocean Road.

It depends how far you want/are able to travel - April's a good of time of year to see the centre (so they say)!

Guest CymruinOz

I have just been on this day tour in the Hunter Valley with my Mum, and I would highly recommend it. Its a stress-free way to make sure you get to the best wineries, while making the most of your time, and the guide is excellent. A good way to spend a day, whatever the weather.

Hunter Valley Wine Tours | Wine Tours with Jason

Featherdale wildlife park is great nr Doonside - get to cuddle koalas and feed kangaroos! Megalong valley in the Blue Mountains is fab - there is a heritage farm and museum and a great tea rooms!

Becky

Dyslexia NSW www.dyslexia-nsw.com.au